Feedback from AZ flex fuel tune members

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Afr settled at 10.3 I put 10.5 gallons of the e90 in with about 5.5 of e54 left. Cant wait to leave for work tomorrow morning when no one is on the road. I'm going to smash on it and see how it feels on the open road!
Sponsored

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Afr settled at 10.3 I put 10.5 gallons of the e90 in with about 5.5 of e54 left. Cant wait to leave for work tomorrow morning when no one is on the road. I'm going to smash on it and see how it feels on the open road!
:rockon:

101 and mckellips is en route from office to house so if it's that good the couple miles down to Scottsdale sounds totally worth it.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Filled up again this morning and tested over 90% again. My car isnt done learning ethanol but my afr is already down to 9.7. I ordered my e85r tune from lund this morning!

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Filled up again this morning and tested over 90% again. My car isnt done learning ethanol but my afr is already down to 9.7. I ordered my e85r tune from lund this morning!
That's pretty amazing considering our usual options. I'm filling up there tonight whenever I can get out of the office too! I would be curious how consistently they have that quality. I'm still rocking the flex tune would love to go straight e85r. This also opens up my fi options as I have been configuring build options for only 91 since there's no real flex option. Between this station and the one up on val vista could be doable.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I live across town but work out this way quite often. I'll be right down the road for the next 2 months at least so I figured if I get a new tune right away I'll have some time to enjoy it. If it's anything like my last tuning session lund will have it to me monday. Fingers crossed!

Sponsored

barkingspud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premuim
So, What do you all do if you have a Forced Induction application? It seems that you're stuck with either 91 Gas or e54 Flex. Just doing some research as I am considering a move to the PHX area from IL.

Thanks!

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Well if your on our 91 your gonna be boost limited if you want to keep it safe. Our 91 apparently sucks compared to other states. If your boosted with a return fuel system you can get a tune for the e54. If your lucky enough to live out south east I recently mentioned two spots I've found that sell good e85. I'm not sure how consistent they are or if they do well preventing running out from time to time since I only discovered them within the last 2 weeks but it's an option.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I live across town but work out this way quite often. I'll be right down the road for the next 2 months at least so I figured if I get a new tune right away I'll have some time to enjoy it. If it's anything like my last tuning session lund will have it to me monday. Fingers crossed!
You didn't mention how ghetto that Valero was lol. Did they rebrand it as a Speed Zone? And I love how the FF shares a pump with out of order race fuel! Filled up late last night on way home so was just letting the e learn. Will take it out and see what she has. At 20-30 cents more a gallon than the ff I normally get and with expected less mpg would like to see the timing in the logs a bit higher and sotp reflect it :)

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
It's really ghetto! I never would have stopped there if I didn't know they had ethanol to check out by my new job. All its signage just say In The Zone but if you look it up online it says Valero In The Zone. The price there isnt great. I averaged 15.3 mpg on my first tank from there but that was like 70/30 highway/ city. This tank so far I'm about 12mpg mostly city. The gas station in mesa with e85 was much cheaper. Like $2.59 if I remember correctly.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
It's really ghetto! I never would have stopped there if I didn't know they had ethanol to check out by my new job. All its signage just say In The Zone but if you look it up online it says Valero In The Zone. The price there isnt great. I averaged 15.3 mpg on my first tank from there but that was like 70/30 highway/ city. This tank so far I'm about 12mpg mostly city. The gas station in mesa with e85 was much cheaper. Like $2.59 if I remember correctly.
Ya I stopped there at first thinking maybe I missed it, mapped it and told me I was 140ft away lol. 2.59 is actually good for quality. My normal spot is right in between those prices but is consistently at 54. Gonna try to get on the dyno next week with the higher e just to see numerical differences. Won't be apples to apples since I have not dynod since swapping to a CF DS but would expect to see a slight bump over the 471/424 that I saw last pull on standard e54.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Make sure to let us know how the numbers look. I'll be interested to see the difference ...

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Make sure to let us know how the numbers look. I'll be interested to see the difference ...
Didn't get her on the dyno like I hoped. But afr is around 10-10.5, and the 315 nittos are breaking loose more then usual (still waiting to switch to 305 555r). Def higher e content than most stations here. On 2nd tank now from there.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I just gassed up there again this morning. I haven't had time to data log and see how much more timing its giving me. Butt dyno feels a little increase but hard to say how much. I've burnt through 3 tanks of gas since getting my e85r tune and mpgs have been consistantly 15 mpg on all 3 tanks. Didn't matter if I drove it hard or took it easy. I was getting 17-18 mpg on the e54r and 20-21 mpg on 91. The balance of power, fuel cost, and mpg makes me appreciate our e54 more now after playing with e85. I had cold start issues this weekend trying to start the car at 8am with temps right at 39°. Took 4 tries to fire up and stay running! During the week I leave early enough the temps haven't dropped yet so didn't notice this until then on the e85. It's nice having both an e54r and e85r tune so I'm covered regardless of which gas stations I'm working around now. I know a lot of you guys like the flexibility of the flex tune but I'm addicted to the early timing on the dedicated tunes lol.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I just gassed up there again this morning. I haven't had time to data log and see how much more timing its giving me. Butt dyno feels a little increase but hard to say how much. I've burnt through 3 tanks of gas since getting my e85r tune and mpgs have been consistantly 15 mpg on all 3 tanks. Didn't matter if I drove it hard or took it easy. I was getting 17-18 mpg on the e54r and 20-21 mpg on 91. The balance of power, fuel cost, and mpg makes me appreciate our e54 more now after playing with e85. I had cold start issues this weekend trying to start the car at 8am with temps right at 39°. Took 4 tries to fire up and stay running! During the week I leave early enough the temps haven't dropped yet so didn't notice this until then on the e85. It's nice having both an e54r and e85r tune so I'm covered regardless of which gas stations I'm working around now. I know a lot of you guys like the flexibility of the flex tune but I'm addicted to the early timing on the dedicated tunes lol.
I too noticed the cold starts not as crisp on the higher e pre 6am in the low 40s. Slight stumbling left but still started first time. Of anything it actually quieted down my cold start some so kinda a benefit lol.
Sponsored