Sponsored

Automatic passenger door unlock

Deleted member 33561

By the way I had similar problems with the "service tire repair kit". It told me I needed to service the kit after one year. I went into the settings again I changed it to one year and then back to 4 years and everything was fine again.
Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
I took my 2018 GT PP to the dealership, for an oil change and tyre rotation.
At the same time, I asked them to check the door. They 'reset' it, and thus far it seems fine.

I will add. If I start the car via the Ford app, and then walk up to the passenger door, it will NOT automatically unlock. Must be a factory setting for that.
Works fine on the driver door...
Do you know what was done to reset it. I have the exact issue now. And yes the car sat there and was only started 3 times since Nov so it could be some weird lower save glitch.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to be late to the party... There is a setting for the door locks- on my 16 it is in the options menu in the instrument panel. I get off work at 1am and have to go to a big half-empty parking garage, so I did NOT want the passengers door unlocking at the same time as the drivers'. It will still unlock if I'm standing next to it with the fob, but from the drivers side it requires me to use the unlock button on the fob or inner door.
There is no specific drivers side passenger side intelligent lock option. At least not with the digital dash on an 18. Can you please further explain because I have the issue now.

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure. And, to add, I feel my car still does it from time to time.
Example, if I start the car with the Ford app, and walk up to the passenger door, it will not unlock. But, I also swear from time to time, even when I have not started the car via the app, the passenger door does not unlock.

I can never replicate it, specifically. Thus, harder for Jim Tidwell Ford to resolve the issue permanently.

Do you know what was done to reset it. I have the exact issue now. And yes the car sat there and was only started 3 times since Nov so it could be some weird lower save glitch.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
If the key fob is in my pocket either door unlocks when I try it. If a traveling companion tries to open first it will not open if I'm on the driver's side. Only after I open the driver's door will the passenger door then open for them.

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
My 18’ has this issue. With the fob in my pocket I can’t unlock the passenger door by grabbing the handle but I can unlock the drivers door by grabbing the handle.

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A tad bit annoying...!

My 18’ has this issue. With the fob in my pocket I can’t unlock the passenger door by grabbing the handle but I can unlock the drivers door by grabbing the handle.

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
I don't know about 2018s, but on my 16 it's in the info screen (between speedo and tach), under settings. It can be set for both or driver's first. It's page 86 in the 16 owner's manual. I haven't any idea where it would be on the 18s

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I will double check. But, something tells me, when I first got my car, that was checked and set accordingly...

I don't know about 2018s, but on my 16 it's in the info screen (between speedo and tach), under settings. It can be set for both or driver's first. It's page 86 in the 16 owner's manual. I haven't any idea where it would be on the 18s

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the key fob is in my pocket either door unlocks when I try it. If a traveling companion tries to open first it will not open if I'm on the driver's side. Only after I open the driver's door will the passenger door then open for them.
It’s supposed to work that way.

Sponsored

bdm219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 401A, AE, B&O
I have the same issue with my passenger door. Once in a blue moon, it'll unlock. More times than not, it's just dead. My car is put away for the winter, I'm going to have the dealer look at it in the Spring. Mine isn't a setting, as 15% of the time, it'll unlock. At first, I thought it was a fluke, but it's dead more than it works.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
I had this problem on my 2018. I took it to the dealer and they confirmed it was an issue. First they replaced the entire door handle and it didn’t work and then they replaced the bcm and it did.

The only other thing I found to be a factor was a dash cam. If my dash cam was hard wired it would stop that door from working no matter what fuse I tapped. Once I plugged the dash cam into the cigarette lighter it stopped being a problem.

Rumble GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT prem - Orange Fury with black racing stripes
I have the same problem with my '19 GT and I suspect this has to do with low battery. My car is driven once or twice per week for very short joyrides, the passenger door will usually not respond to me touching the handle after sitting in the garage for few days. Right after each joyride it works just fine, then after a few days it dies again.

People who drive their mustangs more often seems to have no issue

Deleted member 33561

I have the same problem with my '19 GT and I suspect this has to do with low battery. My car is driven once or twice per week for very short joyrides, the passenger door will usually not respond to me touching the handle after sitting in the garage for few days. Right after each joyride it works just fine, then after a few days it dies again.

People who drive their mustangs more often seems to have no issue
That is exactly the problem. I confirmed that by connecting a charger and disconnecting it. With charger connected it worked and when disconnected it didn't work. A short drive cured the problem. (2018 Mustang GT)

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Interesting finds. Does anyone else get notifications from Ford pass about things being disabled due to low battery voltage? Seems odd to be getting them so often.
Sponsored