CS19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
[QUOTE="MaskedRacerX, post: 2762949,

On my '16, I just used some snips, cut the antenna in 1/2, moved the little rubber tip, fixed. I still got good reception, however, I rarely listen to the radio, so I don't really have a good sense of before vs. after.[/QUOTE]

Hey, thanks! That's a really good idea!!!
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Hey, thanks! That's a really good idea!!!
Yeah, there's something about the length and how that attenuates to FM signal, so you're supposed to cut it down to some specific length, but I wasn't really that worried about it. FWIW, it cuts really easily, snips, utility scissors, the little rubber tip just pulls right off.

Craven speed makes a designed shorty, here's a link to it, if you use Google checkout, I see there's a 20% discount code over on the right:

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...MI8PvHvPns5gIVEWKGCh1h6AGjEAQYAyABEgKgw_D_BwE

Terlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Nice! So is that the BMC GT350 for convertibles, or the GT350 style SpeedForm that AM sells? The latter shows "All models" fitment, but I know my all model MMD on my '16 vert didn't quite sit flush (where my BMC is perfect).

If it's the SpeedForm and it's a really good fitment, that's a good alternative to the BMC, a little cheaper, and based on some customer service issues with BMC, maybe a better source for that style.
I bought from LMR, but they no longer carry it. Not really sure who the manufacturer is.

Sponsored

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Do you have any other angles of the spoiler? Love to see them as I'm beginning the spoiler search for my vert.

KarloSGt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium 2019 convertible
So would a Performance pack spoiler work and fit ok on a convertible?? This is mine it already has a small spoiler, Can anyone confirm with me If i would be able to install a PP Spoiler on this one? Thanks!

4C4EF8C3-F2EB-41AE-B495-16125ED04963.jpeg

2A8BFF1F-EC24-4055-B3B6-F07F8A2028EC.jpeg

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
So would a Performance pack spoiler work and fit ok on a convertible?? This is mine it already has a small spoiler, Can anyone confirm with me If i would be able to install a PP Spoiler on this one? Thanks!
From what I read, its the antennas being in different locations on the coupe vs. the convertible that causes the problems. If the PP Spoiler would fit OK on a convertible, the factory would not be deleting (omitting) it in the first place.

However, the pedestal spoiler used on the CS convertible fits. IMHO, using that spoiler would be better than nothing.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
So would a Performance pack spoiler work and fit ok on a convertible?? This is mine it already has a small spoiler, Can anyone confirm with me If i would be able to install a PP Spoiler on this one?
The PP wing from a Coupe does not quite work. The convertible trunk lid has a slightly different contour, and while the OEM PP will bolt on, it's slightly tilted at an odd angle (vs, the mounting on a coupe)

With aftermarket wings that have a large contact area - and aren't convertible specific - you notice the ends don't make flush contact either, but with the PP wing that only has a few small contact point that's not really an issue (only the funky angle ...)

Antenna contact is no biggie, you can remove, chop it down, or use a smaller one (that's supposedly correctly attenuated, size-wise). My BMC GT350 wing made slight contact, so instead of boinging it - or having to hold it out of the way - I just removed the rubber tip, snipped it roughly in half, stuck the tip back on, still get what sounds like decent FM reception (I don't use it anyway).

Sponsored

KarloSGt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium 2019 convertible
The PP wing from a Coupe does not quite work. The convertible trunk lid has a slightly different contour, and while the OEM PP will bolt on, it's slightly tilted at an odd angle (vs, the mounting on a coupe)

With aftermarket wings that have a large contact area - and aren't convertible specific - you notice the ends don't make flush contact either, but with the PP wing that only has a few small contact point that's not really an issue (only the funky angle ...)

Antenna contact is no biggie, you can remove, chop it down, or use a smaller one (that's supposedly correctly attenuated, size-wise). My BMC GT350 wing made slight contact, so instead of boinging it - or having to hold it out of the way - I just removed the rubber tip, snipped it roughly in half, stuck the tip back on, still get what sounds like decent FM reception (I don't use it anyway).
do you have a convertible? if can you share a picture of it with your spoiler? thanks for your reply

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
do you have a convertible? if can you share a picture of it with your spoiler? thanks for your reply

Sure thing, sorry about the late response, several notifications got pushed off my list (even under "Show All", the system only keep the top N ...)

Anyway, this is a BMC GT350, specifically designed for convertibles:

IMG_7024_1920.jpg

Here's another rear shot, but a little more up/around so you can see how nice it follows the rear curve/contours:

IMG_6592_2.jpeg

Closeup at the really good fitment, you can see how flush it sits and it did that without any fasteners, so it didn't have to be pulled down too hard:

IMG_6744_1200.jpeg

Leehrat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
THIS is the spoiler I want. Which is it exactly?

And for those asking about reception on the stubby attenenas...it sucks. I live in suburban Chicago (if that matters to radio receptions) I get only one or two strong FM stations with it. But it's not a big deal as I usually listen to other things.

MR YUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Convertible

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv (totaled by a puma); 2021 GT Conv PP1
Does anyone have 100% info about why the antenna is there? Is it only for AM/FM? If yes, I would rather have it removed it completely. I would never ever listen to radio. Or there are some other pieces of tech which are dependent on this antenna?
Sponsored