Sponsored

So can we turn on the fake engine sounds in the GT?

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
The EcoBoost has Active Noise Cancellation (IIRC, ACM 727-01-02, removal of unwanted frequencies) active to remove drone caused by harmonics from the 4 cylinder engine.

The EcoBoost, Bullitt, and GT350 all have Engine Sound Enhancement (IIRC, ACM 727-01-01, addition of desired tones) active. The GT does not.

See also this post ( https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...re-is-fake-exhaust-noise.120697/#post-2525144 ) in this thread ( https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...wer-on-if-there-is-fake-exhaust-noise.120697/ ).

Have at it.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
The EcoBoost has Active Noise Cancellation (IIRC, ACM 727-01-02, removal of unwanted frequencies) active to remove drone caused by harmonics from the 4 cylinder engine.

The EcoBoost, Bullitt, and GT350 all have Engine Sound Enhancement (IIRC, ACM 727-01-01, addition of desired tones) active. The GT does not.

See also this post ( https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...re-is-fake-exhaust-noise.120697/#post-2525144 ) in this thread ( https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...wer-on-if-there-is-fake-exhaust-noise.120697/ ).

Have at it.
thank you so much appreciate it

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
OK so if anyone is curious as I was apparently you can turn the sound on on a 2019 GT (im assuming it works on other years?). So in forscan you go to the ACM module. Go to 727-01-01 the second box will say (in mine) F000 The second placement IN my case the First zero change it to a 2. That turns it on. OK so I have a switch fire borla midpipe and active exhaust. in quiet mode it sounds funny start low and then gets real loud for no reason lol sounds unnatural. but in track mode LOL man it sounds awesome. The whole car sounds grrr instead of the exhaust just behind you.

OK that was fun curiosity taken care of for now setting back to factory and on to my next thing Ill want to know about.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
OK so if anyone is curious as I was apparently you can turn the sound on on a 2019 GT (im assuming it works on other years?). So in forscan you go to the ACM module. Go to 727-01-01 the second box will say (in mine) F000 The second placement IN my case the First zero change it to a 2. That turns it on. OK so I have a switch fire borla midpipe and active exhaust. in quiet mode it sounds funny start low and then gets real loud for no reason lol sounds unnatural. but in track mode LOL man it sounds awesome. The whole car sounds grrr instead of the exhaust just behind you.

OK that was fun curiosity taken care of for now setting back to factory and on to my next thing Ill want to know about.
Can’t wait................really:like::cwl::crackup:

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Can’t wait................really:like::cwl::crackup:
I like to go against the grain and all these things everyone says they universally hate or like I want to know why. Pumped in sound most everyone hates and goes through great lengths to turn it off. so I'm like why? I've never had a car that does that so umm lets see if I can turn mne on and see what everyone hates so much. My next one will be why does everyone like shell gas so much when chevron has the top rated fuel additives for keeping cars clean... or why is everyone saying 10 percent ethanol gas is bad but then fully support 85% ethanol? Seems it would be 85% more of the stuff that is wrong with 10% LOL... but not here those are topics for another day. I just see preconceived car things interesting and I must investigate :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
It's not necessarily ONLY pumped in sound. It's also the removal of unwanted/obnoxious sound frequencies. Just to set the record straight.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
It's not necessarily ONLY pumped in sound. It's also the removal of unwanted/obnoxious sound frequencies. Just to set the record straight.
Well whatever it is officially...
download (2).jpg

But no seriously the noise canceling is a different system I only turned on the sound setting. Front what I read to turn off or on Noise canceling its under different codes and I don't think our GTs have the microphone for it either that the others do up under the roof liner.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
That's a separate setting for 4-cylinder Ecoboost cars only. The microphone used to provide feedback to the system doesn't exist in non-Ecoboost cars.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
You already said "why would you want to?", and totally get the urge of "because I can!", but...Why would you want to? Coyote's got one of the best sounds in the business.[/QUOTE
:surprised:
And that my friends, is a classic example of why I bought my car brand new.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lets see a pic of that Firebird.. :wink:

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I like to go against the grain and all these things everyone says they universally hate or like I want to know why. Pumped in sound most everyone hates and goes through great lengths to turn it off. so I'm like why?
I think for a lot of people such sound enhancement techniques come off as being artificial or synthetic. Either in the way the sound is created (electronic synthesis) or transmitted (muscle cars and sports cars of the past never needed "sound tubes").

Exhaust sound is by nature a rather raw characteristic, where doing anything more with it than just letting the engine make it happen, makes it less 'honest' (for lack of a better word). One way or another, there's some deception going on, as even the sound tubes are trying to make you think you're sitting in a car that's just as raw and rowdy as its less refined predecessors were.

Norm

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I like to go against the grain and all these things everyone says they universally hate or like I want to know why. Pumped in sound most everyone hates and goes through great lengths to turn it off. so I'm like why? :)
Same reason we hate fake boobs. Oh wait, nevermind.. Bad example

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Na Im a good car person. When I trade cars in a totally and 100% return them to stock.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Agreed, one of my favorites.
Agreed, one of my favorites.
Gotta get that thing out. Haven't been in it much since I have the GT. But the torque is really nice in that car vs the GT. Big difference there. Horsepower is about the same roughly. It really does seem like a worthy predecessor to cars like our Mustangs.
Actually, the second generation Camaro and Firebird were noteworthy in that they were really the first American cars to recognize the importance of handling along with power. I believe the 442 was the first to have both front and rear sway bars. But yeah, I'll clean her up and post some pics in the future.

Last edited:

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have read it several places and thought the same as you but for whatever reason it does. as for the sound tube , its this long plasticy dohicky that comes off the intake and goes to the cabin. It pulls air in frm the intake and it goes through some baffles and magic to make "sound in the cabin"
[...]
I thought I'd understood that no intake—or any other kind of—air passed between the intake tract and the cabin.
[...]
here is what it looks like, its rather a part part and it does absolutely nothing but bring air into the cabin and make "sound" oh and some like myself also feel it cuts down greatly on exhaust smells from other cars coming in by removing it.
s-l300.jpg
Sponsored