Nevyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevyn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang V8 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a request for help. I’ve posted same in the general forum but since I’m UK based I’m adding the request here too.

If anyone is about to swap their spoiler in the next week or so.

could I ask you to take a rubbing of the holes so that I can use it as a template for fitting a spoiler to my GT.

I have a 2019 GT Fastback.
I think the holes are the same for the 2018 too.

I’d obviously pay the postage for anyone to send me the paper template.

all ideas welcomed.
Sponsored

rdisatell75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I swapped mine this past week. Long story short I bought a cheap spoiler and the fitment was not good (knew what I was getting into and sent it anyway). Its really too bad to because the spoiler I got really does look awesome. The design is perfect in my opinion. But I digress. So after ordering a confirmed better fitting spoiler I will be doing that again in about a week. I can get you a template then and I will scan them and email them to you. No need for postage as we live in a truly digital age brother!

OP
OP
Nevyn

Nevyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevyn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang V8 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello my friend.

sorry to hear about your spoiler not working out.
I was so close to pulling the trigger on one of those new GT350 clones off fleabay but notices some inconsistencies between it and the original part when I zoomed the pics close.

this made me dubious of its ability to perform any kind of aerodynamic function so decided to spend the extra on an Anderson’s one. Although in really wanted the 350 design.

Thanks for the offer to send the scans. They will help me a great deal to cross reference against any other information I manage to gather. the timing sounds about right too.

Nev

Guy@NemesisUK

Threads
Reaction score
Website
nemesisuk.com
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
Project NemStang / Modified UK S550 Mustang GT
If you have an Anderson Composites one you should have drill tabs that can be stuck down to mark and drill the holes:

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Nevyn

Nevyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevyn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang V8 GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you have an Anderson Composites one you should have drill tabs that can be stuck down to mark and drill the holes:

Hope this helps.
Hi Guy.
Thanks for the videos.
I haven’t looked closely but the tabs will be useful if there.
Problem is Anderson don’t provide a way of identifying where to place the tabs.

I think I have a way forward now as I found a. PDF of the template. Just need to figure out where will be able to print something that big.
I’m guessing pronto print or the like

Sponsored

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Hi Guy.
Thanks for the videos.
I haven’t looked closely but the tabs will be useful if there.
Problem is Anderson don’t provide a way of identifying where to place the tabs.

I think I have a way forward now as I found a. PDF of the template. Just need to figure out where will be able to print something that big.
I’m guessing pronto print or the like

If you watch the first video Guy posted up all will make sense on how to install using the tape down tabs. You do not need a template with that method.

OP
OP
Nevyn

Nevyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevyn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang V8 GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you watch the first video Guy posted up all will make sense on how to install using the tape down tabs. You do not need a template with that method.
Ahh. Ok I’ll
Give it a watch thanks for the heads up.

rdisatell75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like you're on the right track now. I am working all week but as soon as I get back home I will take a measurement from the front corner of the trunk lid once my spoiler is off the car. That may help you get the template lined up if you haven't had any luck. But it seems like Anderson would make it as easy as possible.

OP
OP
Nevyn

Nevyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevyn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang V8 GT
Vehicle Showcase
just watched the videos and unfortunately these are for a different spoiler.

my one comes with bolts and pins fixed into the spoiler so it’s not possible to offer it up to the car and align it in the way shown.

I really am going to need a template to get the holes in the right place.
If only Anderson has made this spoiler in the same way as the one shown it would have been easy.

Wildblood

'Andrew'
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
TY 'GT' Mustang.........'H1 OON'
just watched the videos and unfortunately these are for a different spoiler.

my one comes with bolts and pins fixed into the spoiler so it’s not possible to offer it up to the car and align it in the way shown.

I really am going to need a template to get the holes in the right place.
If only Anderson has made this spoiler in the same way as the one shown it would have been easy.
As a thought, why not buy a new Trunk Lid with the factory holes already there? Then you don't have to spoil the one fitted. Don't forget to purchase the gas struts for cars with spoilers as they are firmer than the ones now on your car.

Sponsored

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
I did this on an old mustang of mine. Found a junker in the same color. Worked out perfectly, and cheaply! Though, I don't know that junkers will be easy to find in the UK.

rdisatell75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Nevyn. I'm home now and I have started making you a template. But I need you to know that I cant make any guarantees on how this is going to turn out. Plus I'm in America so all my tape measures are in Inches not centimeters. Hopefully you have access to a tape measure with inches on it. The picture I have attached is just an example of what I'm doing. I lined up the paper with 3 different points on the trunk as best i could. I'll let you know once i finish. Still not sure how I'll get a good point to line up the 2 holes in the center of the trunk.
20200116_180443.jpg
Sponsored