Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Happy New Year Everyone!

I wanted to do a review on the Steeda Pro Action shocks I just got installed.

First off let's start by reviewing the stock setup. As many of you already know, the pp1 mustang gt has a very bouncy ride and fun body roll lol. My biggest gripe with the stock suspension was the bounce especially when going at high speeds. You also would feel the front and back body roll when braking or accelerating hard, this was another issue I had with the factory setup. Other then that it wasn't too bad.

Now I don't know if any of you guys remember but I used to have a 2016 Mustang GT PP1 with the full Steeda package as well. So the comparison is interesting because the characteristics are slightly different from the two.

After installing the parts, it was such a night and day difference! First off, no more bounce! The car felt so much more stable especially when going over bumpy roads. It didn't bounce all over the place anymore!

Secondly which is my favorite is that when taking off in 1st gear you don't feel the front of the car lift up, which for me was a bit uncomfortable especially in stop and go traffic. No more brake dive either! If you brake the car hard, it's no longer a hard dive and then big lift as soon as you let go of the brakes. The front stays very in control when braking hard, which for me was a big confidence boost in quick braking or emergency braking.

Launching the car, the car grips much better, stays straight and the launches feel even faster! The wheels don't break loose so easily anymore, and it feels like you are using the tires to their full engineered potential, instead of hopping around and sliding with stock setup.

Handling! Here is the fun part! This thing stays planted!!! if you guys like carving those turns as much as you do a turkey, man o man! It feels so much more predictable! There isn't that sway from side to side, or when changing lanes quickly that bounce you get that pushes you from side to side. Only bad thing is..... that speed limit feels a little slower now.. lol. Because the car feels so much more stable, it feels like you're going slower.

When lowering the car, it's always good to go with a bump steer kit since the suspension geometry changes. I actually went ahead and installed the bump steer kit and lower control arms as well from Steeda. These definitely make the steering feel heavier, but it feels under more control at high speeds or when turning on bumpy roads. You don't feel that pull to left and right when going over bumpy roads, even if you take your hands off. I highly recommend these when lowering the car!

The comparison from the 16 to the 18 with the same setup is interesting because the 18 feels more planted, and I think thats due to the chassis stiffening they did for the 18+ models. I drive my friend's 16 GT that has same setup but the linear springs instead, and you feel the body flex more on a 15 than you do on a 18.

All in all, I am extremely happy again!!! I love the setup, and if your thinking of doing this.... Just stop thinking and do it already!

Big thank you to Mike and Matt for the help in picking the parts again. Keep up the great work Steeda!!!

Also heres a short video I made on everything getting installed. Haven't gotten to the shifter and driveshaft yet.

Sponsored

thebaldlatino5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
I'm currently planning on ordering a Build Your Suspension pack with Steeda: Pro-Action adjustables, Dual Rate Springs, camber plates, bumpstops and shock mounts. I've currently got the bumpsteer correction kit and K-Member brace on the way with toe links from steeda. Also I have diff bushings, shifter bracket, clutch line and the IRS support braces to install as well.. On the car currently:Vertical links, and support bushings. Planning also to order both front and rear sway bar and end links from steeda with upgraded mounts.

Question, what camber arms did you go with? Easy install and dialing in? Toe link dialing in? Going from coilovers to this Steeda set up.

Thank you.

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I'm currently planning on ordering a Build Your Suspension pack with Steeda: Pro-Action adjustables, Dual Rate Springs, camber plates, bumpstops and shock mounts. I've currently got the bumpsteer correction kit and K-Member brace on the way with toe links from steeda. Also I have diff bushings, shifter bracket, clutch line and the IRS support braces to install as well.. On the car currently:Vertical links, and support bushings. Planning also to order both front and rear sway bar and end links from steeda with upgraded mounts.

Question, what camber arms did you go with? Easy install and dialing in? Toe link dialing in? Going from coilovers to this Steeda set up.

Thank you.
On my 16 I had every suspension piece steeda provided. I went with the adjustable camber arms and toe links. Which I'm also getting for the 18. I had it aligned after lowering and without those camber arms and toe links I couldn't get the alignment exact. It makes adjusting camber and toe a lot easier in the rear. Also for the front either get a camber bolt or camber/caster plates from steeda to have a fully adjustable suspension, especially for when having it lowered as it becomes more difficult to adjust.

thebaldlatino5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
I'm planning on getting the camber plates, but I don't think steeda has camber/caster plates, just camber.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I'm planning on getting the camber plates, but I don't think steeda has camber/caster plates, just camber.
Just Camber adjustment, but you do have a little adjustment for caster. We use our Steeda camber plates in our Road race and Drag race applications.
Steeda Tech

Sponsored

thebaldlatino5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
Thank you, the shop doing my installs had talked to me about camber caster plates from Maximum Motorsports, but told them I had been planning on using just your camber plates.

Just Camber adjustment, but you do have a little adjustment for caster. We use our Steeda camber plates in our Road race and Drag race applications.
Steeda Tech

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6 1986 Camaro IROC-Z
Happy New Year Everyone!

The comparison from the 16 to the 18 with the same setup is interesting because the 18 feels more planted, and I think thats due to the chassis stiffening they did for the 18+ models. I drive my friend's 16 GT that has same setup but the linear springs instead, and you feel the body flex more on a 15 than you do on a 18.
Can you or anyone else give any detail on what was stiffened between 15-17 and 18+? I've never heard this before...

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Can you or anyone else give any detail on what was stiffened between 15-17 and 18+? I've never heard this before...
This is where I read that the chassis is upgraded from the last one. I'm assuming they made some modifications that made it stiffer, because it feels stiffer from my 16.

2018_WhatNewMustangFactSheet.jpg

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
That could mean anything including shock valving and spring rates, marketing speak. I’ve not heard of any chassis stiffening differences yet.

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
That could mean anything including shock valving and spring rates, marketing speak. I’ve not heard of any chassis stiffening differences yet.
They would of mentioned that separately as, which in this case they did and spoke about the magneride damping system being available. Whatever they did, my 18 feels stiffer compared to my 16. The chassis doesn't feel like it has as much flex as the 16. It's not a drastic feeling, but you can definitely feel it.

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
If your ‘18 feels better than your ‘16 then congratulations. Your butt dyno does not provide actual data. You claimed the chassis were different, I can find no actual evidence of that and I’m attempting to terminate a fake internet rumor before it starts.

If anyone has actual data to prove the ‘18+ cars are stiffer, bring it in here.
Sponsored