Sponsored

Steeda Magnaride Lowering Springs

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Hello,
I purchased 1" magna ride lowering springs and stop the hop enthusiast kit. I'm wondering if I really need to buy caster/camber plates, bump stop kit and lateral links? I'd really like not to spend more money than necessary, but don't want a car that behaves poorly after lowering. I'm not a track guy, just a street enthusiast. Thanks much!
Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Camber plates are not required—they’re nice to have if you want more camber for racing. As for bumpstops, you can use your factory bits and just cut them with minimal effects.

The bumpsteer/roll center correction kit I do highly recommend. This makes a huge improvement in handling and steering response/feel after lowing the car an inch. Look into the less expensive bushing (as opposed to the bearing) option on the arms to save a few bucks.

OP
OP

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Thanks much for the info! For the bump stops, should I trim them 1" since I'm lowering the car 1"?

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks much for the info! For the bump stops, should I trim them 1" since I'm lowering the car 1"?
I would give the guys at Steeda a call. I’m not sure if the magnaride stops are different than what I have, so I don’t want to steer you wrong. Generally speaking though, you won’t need to trim at a 1:1 ratio.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Hello,
I purchased 1" magna ride lowering springs and stop the hop enthusiast kit. I'm wondering if I really need to buy caster/camber plates, bump stop kit and lateral links? I'd really like not to spend more money than necessary, but don't want a car that behaves poorly after lowering. I'm not a track guy, just a street enthusiast. Thanks much!
No bump stops on front struts. Rear shocks trim only 1/2 in. Simply pull the dust cover down, cut with box knife horizontally and than slit vertically to remove.
Steeda Tech

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Really consider camber plates, since your springs will be off that is the perfect time to upgrade.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Chris, shoot me an email to [email protected] - let's put a package together with forum discounts & get you everything you need!

TJ

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
No.
I forgot to figure in motion ratio which I'm eyeballing at 0.65-0.7. So 1 inch drop at the wheel is something like 0.42" at the shock. Cut 0.5" off and call it done I reckon.
Sponsored