2019 a10 went neutral in low!

gregsdart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt a10 pp1 301 base
While pulling out on a busy road, the a10 kicked out of gear, stranding my wife and i crossways with a car coming at us at 50 mph or more. What fun! The thing almost got us killed!
I heard the motor rev up , let off on the throttle and reapplied it an thank the Lord it went back to normal. The time out of gear or totally slipping was about three seconds. Anybody have similar problems?
This stuff is getting old! This is the third new Ford (in a row) since 2011 that has either gone wide open throttle (12 explorer), lost power at low speed, (2015 F150) and now my 2019 gt a10 pp1 car. Anyone have similar problems with your stang?
Sponsored

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
I made a road trip to Panama City Beach around Christmas and the same thing happened with me. I was pulling out of the hotel parking lot and getting on the main street, car was in 2nd gear and all of a sudden it revved but the car doesn't accelerate and I am left half way between the road and parking lot. Then all of a sudden about 2-3 seconds later the transmission caught on and the car started moving. Not cool at all

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
A couple of times, after a cold start, my A10 has had some issues upshifting (not sure if it's the 2-3 or 3-4). It has sort of hung up or failed to engage the next gear for a second or two. Once it was bad enough that it just free revved for about two seconds, seemingly lost "between" gears. I can't reliably reproduce it so I've not had it looked at.

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ‘16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ‘19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
Mine has done this before.

Sponsored

OP
OP
gregsdart

gregsdart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Lo pony,, just the way mine did?

OP
OP
gregsdart

gregsdart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Zatharas best to take it in and have it documented. Also i discussed driving right to a dealer with the car still running so they can scan it. Once the vehicle is shut off it loses the info of an event like that.

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ‘16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ‘19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
Very similar. 1-2 gear. It does it when it’s cold or has been sitting for a while. It will also do it if I’m going uphill really slowly and it keeps downshifting...eventually it can’t figure out which gear to be in.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Have the Service Center check for low fluid...there’s been quite a few members on here stating they (OR Service Centers) have been finding 10R80s with low fluid. There is a thread on here about it too.

Not sure why the fluid level isn’t being checked after the start up procedure and final inspection process at the assembly line.

OP
OP
gregsdart

gregsdart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Two more trips to the dealer, last one with the problem happening and not shutting off the car till it was scanned. Zero codes found. I am bummed. All i can do is keep documenting it, maybe a letter to a Ford rep stating this documentation will show up in court should we get killed in the thing!

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
@gregsdart

Not sure if you have seen my recent thread regarding 10R80 facts and findings, but it may be helpful for your case to the Service Department:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...hift-conditions-facts-and-resolutions.135463/

Have you taken the Shop Foreman or Lead Tech a test drive to demo the problem? If not, I would start there and see if you can replicate the issue while YOU are driving with the Tech in passenger seat; then let the Tech drive it back.

Since you mention you have taken the car in for diagnosis, exactly what did they type up on your work orders?

If you’re not getting resolution at your current Service Center, I can only recommend (2) things:

1) Call the Ford 800#, demand a Regional CSR get involved and have them assign a Case number to you. This will elevate the concerns and priority to the current Service Center. It also puts you and your vehicle at a priority level and bumps you above other customers at that Dealership.

2) As inconvenient as it might be, find another Ford Dealership in your area that has better online reviews or positive BBB Rating. Another Dealership may be able to assist better than your original Service Center. You can tell your Regional CSR you want to go to another Dealership IF you’re not satisfied with the one you’ve been visiting,

Don’t give up and don’t let it fall to the back burner... you’re in a 2019 that still has a 3/36; even after the 3/36, the trans and complete powertrain is still covered under warranty by the 5/60 powertrain warranty.

OP
OP
gregsdart

gregsdart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
@gregsdart

Not sure if you have seen my recent thread regarding 10R80 facts and findings, but it may be helpful for your case to the Service Department:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...hift-conditions-facts-and-resolutions.135463/

Have you taken the Shop Foreman or Lead Tech a test drive to demo the problem? If not, I would start there and see if you can replicate the issue while YOU are driving with the Tech in passenger seat; then let the Tech drive it back.

Since you mention you have taken the car in for diagnosis, exactly what did they type up on your work orders?

If you’re not getting resolution at your current Service Center, I can only recommend (2) things:

1) Call the Ford 800#, demand a Regional CSR get involved and have them assign a Case number to you. This will elevate the concerns and priority to the current Service Center. It also puts you and your vehicle at a priority level and bumps you above other customers at that Dealership.

2) As inconvenient as it might be, find another Ford Dealership in your area that has better online reviews or positive BBB Rating. Another Dealership may be able to assist better than your original Service Center. You can tell your Regional CSR you want to go to another Dealership IF you’re not satisfied with the one you’ve been visiting,

Don’t give up and don’t let it fall to the back burner... you’re in a 2019 that still has a 3/36; even after the 3/36, the trans and complete powertrain is still covered under warranty by the 5/60 powertrain warranty.
Thanks CJ. I will really have to wait till i get home early April to really get the ball rolling? I am 1800 miles away.
Sponsored