Sponsored

Why is the Bullitt chase scene considered so great?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
ugh this thread was moving along good till it got moved, I hate that....its like moving it to die.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Let's Kickstarter a remake with a modern Bullitt/Charger. That would be s550 General worthy AND the best car chase of all time :like:
LOL yup, I get frustrated its called general s550 chat but general info gets moved to the lounge??? Why can't it stay in general? I mean general means general topics am I not correct? Especially if its a topic that is plugging along and people are enjoying. As soon as they move it then thats it they go dark and die, no one ever responds after they are moved. At the least leave them in general until they drop off the first page.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
LOL yup, I get frustrated its called general s550 chat but general info gets moved to the lounge??? Why can't it stay in general? I mean general means general topics am I not correct? Especially if its a topic that is plugging along and people are enjoying. As soon as they move it then thats it they go dark and die, no one ever responds after they are moved. At the least leave them in general until they drop off the first page.
Your topic is not related to general discussion about the S550. General discussion topics are not the purpose of that main subforum.

upload_2020-1-6_10-40-45.png

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I see a pattern here that I think bypasses my question LOL. Everyone saying it was the first , it was a trend setter, it was something no one seen. I get all that. But my point is why do people STILL call it the greatest chase EVER. maybe back in 1968 it was a wonder to behold but it didn't take long for it to be out done and by today's cinema standard it is actually very boring. I guess I take issue with it being called the greatest ever. I mean if people referred to it as the chase scene that set the standard and inspired others that i could get behind but to call it the greatest ever? I guess Im not watching the same chase as everyone else.
I don't think it's the greatest ever either. It's a decent car chase though. Definitely worth watching. The film itself is terrible and not worth watching IMO. I'm trying to think of what was the best car chase ever and I'm not sure a single one comes to my mind as being the best ever, though. What would you rank as the best?

Oh god no. The fast and furious are the worse garbage I dont even consider those car movies. Everything in them is stupid and geared to 6 year olds. They are more like a vegas magic show then car movies. Surprisingly the one of them I though was fairly realistic and showed some actual driving skills is the one people hate the most. Tokyo drift. Hell what do I know I thought Empire strikes back was the worst star wars :cwl:
I watched one of the F&F movies (I think it might have been 6) and I was actually impressed. I never watched the Tokyo drift movie. At the time drifting seemed so pointless to me that I wasn't at all interested.

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
Death Proof has some great car chase scenes as well.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I don't think it's the greatest ever either. It's a decent car chase though. Definitely worth watching. The film itself is terrible and not worth watching IMO. I'm trying to think of what was the best car chase ever and I'm not sure a single one comes to my mind as being the best ever, though. What would you rank as the best?
Movie, what movie? You mean that thing before and after the chase? On, never mind. :)
If you asking for a straight forward fairly realistic chase i would say The French Connection with Gene Hackman. See if you can hold your breath for the entire chase.
For bang um up, beat um up chases, hands down, The Blues Brothers. No one messes with Jake & Elwood.
I did just see the new Michael Bay movie 6Underground with Ryan Reynolds. That chase scene at the beginning was mind blowing.

I watched one of the F&F movies (I think it might have been 6) and I was actually impressed. I never watched the Tokyo drift movie. At the time drifting seemed so pointless to me that I wasn't at all interested.
The earliest ones were best. They became more ho-hum as the series went on.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Movie, what movie? You mean that thing before and after the chase? On, never mind. :)
If you asking for a straight forward fairly realistic chase i would say The French Connection with Gene Hackman. See if you can hold your breath for the entire chase.
For bang um up, beat um up chases, hands down, The Blues Brothers. No one messes with Jake & Elwood.
I did just see the new Michael Bay movie 6Underground with Ryan Reynolds. That chase scene at the beginning was mind blowing.

The earliest ones were best. They became more ho-hum as the series went on.
Thanks for the recommendations of car chases. I don't remember either of the older car chases and haven't seen the new one, so you've given me something to watch for.

I thought the first F&F movies were terrible and they got better. But I didn't watch the first F&F in the theater and I was never into imports. The stuff with the Charger in the first movie really irritated me - too fake. Same with the races and the lingo was bad as well I thought. I thought specifically 6 was good. I haven't seen all of them so I'm not sure if others are better.

Sponsored

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
This......Steve McQueen. Anyone else in the drivers seat, it’s just another car chase. Either you get it or you don’t.
upload_2020-1-4_10-14-21.jpeg

upload_2020-1-4_10-14-55.jpeg
Nail on the head......because there was no cooler than McQueen...dude was real life cool....

Any dirt rider knows this movie was the best and still considered so in the off road community...why..McQueen.....and Malcom Smith of course...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Nail on the head......because there was no cooler than McQueen...dude was real life cool....

Any dirt rider knows this movie was the best and still considered so in the off road community...why..McQueen.....and Malcom Smith of course...

I don't get the McQueen man love thing. Maybe that's the difference.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I know right! Everyone needs to at least watch the opening chase scene of that movie. It made me several times out loud be like ouch and ohhh!!
Sponsored