Sponsored

2nd outing 2019 base a10 pp1 301 option active exhaust-Bradenton

NC85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing
In keep it real and drive to and from all the tracks I visit. It’s a radial after all......305 R

Closest track 1/8 - 1 hr each way
Next closest 1/8 - 1 hr 20 min each way
Two weeks ago - drove almost 4 hours 1/4
Closest 1/4 - 1 hr 45min each way
Next closest 1/4 - 2 hrs each way

Get axles and roll out. Maybe AAA platinum if your scared.
Sponsored

OP
OP
gregsdart

gregsdart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt a10 pp1 301 base
NC85 what is AAAplatinum?

OP
OP
gregsdart

gregsdart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
0k, i got it! Triplea auto ins!

OP
OP
gregsdart

gregsdart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
As for why changing tires and wheels is a pain at the track, health issues (bad back) and age for a couple of reasons. Where to park all the stuff during runs is another.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
As for why changing tires and wheels is a pain at the track, health issues (bad back) and age for a couple of reasons. Where to park all the stuff during runs is another.
I understand not switching tires if back issues are a problem. Unfortunately, street tires are just not ideal for strip use. I suppose they are OK just to see how your car runs. Buying wheels and DRs doesn't make sense if only going to the track a couple of times a year.

I run many times during the summer. Changing tires at the track is pretty common practice at my tracks. Leaving tires, jacks, etc. in the pit area where we park between runs is normal.

I use DRs to stop the hop and they do that better than my BMR cradle lockout kit and vertical links ever did. I do not drive them the 100 miles to my tracks because I don't want to wear them out when they are not needed. Besides, they pick up every little rock and grain of sand. Changing at the track is no more trouble than doing at home. A good jack and a cordless impact wrench make it a quick process.

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I agree these cars need some help if drag times are your thing n/a stock rear setup pp1. I trapped over 121 mph with a 2.1 sixty foot. Axles were hopping into 3rd gear pedaling it.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
On that note, in October in AZ bone stock I could only hit 112mph.. So many factors involved that I wouldn't get wrapped up in what other people can do.

OrangeFury1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Why was swapping rear wheels a hassle?
I just dont want to have to carry a jack and extra wheels in the car, then having to remove them and placing them on the side worrying if someone is going to steal them.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I just dont want to have to carry a jack and extra wheels in the car, then having to remove them and placing them on the side worrying if someone is going to steal them.
I can understand that.

OrangeFury1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
I can understand that.
Being by myself 120 miles away from home I found myself not being able to concentrate wondering if my stuff was OK.. I got to a point where I was like well, if they steal my stuff hopefully I can find some used for cheap lol. To me, that was the hassle.

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Being by myself 120 miles away from home I found myself not being able to concentrate wondering if my stuff was OK.. I got to a point where I was like well, if they steal my stuff hopefully I can find some used for cheap lol. To me, that was the hassle.
At first, I was a little concerned about that. I even thought about padlocking everything together with a chain to make stealing more difficult. However, at my tracks, nearly everyone leaves stuff in their pit area....tires, jacks, coolers, lawn chairs, tools, air compressors, etc. I have never heard of anyone having something stolen. There is quite a camaraderie among participants so I don't even give it a thought anymore.

OrangeFury1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
At first, I was a little concerned about that. I even thought about padlocking everything together with a chain to make stealing more difficult. However, at my tracks, nearly everyone leaves stuff in their pit area....tires, jacks, coolers, lawn chairs, tools, air compressors, etc. I have never heard of anyone having something stolen. There is quite a camaraderie among participants so I don't even give it a thought anymore.
Yea, I guess I just need to get used to it. Lol wheels and tools are not cheap so its not that easy to adjust to haha.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Yea, I guess I just need to get used to it. Lol wheels and tools are not cheap so its not that easy to adjust to haha.
Make friends with people next to you. Try to pit next to big trailers, them guys that have their families with them. Nobody gonna steal your stuff when dudes wife and kids are right there.
Sponsored