Sponsored

Aftermarket hoods for gt350s??

dblcbra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350R, 2019 mustang Ecoboost, 2017 gt350(sold), 1996 xlt bronco (351), 1995 cobra, 1993 lx
Other than the Anderson carbon fiber version of the OEM hood, are there any other hoods for our cars? Everything I'm finding is for Eco/gt only.
Sponsored

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
Wou
Other than the Anderson carbon fiber version of the OEM hood, are there any other hoods for our cars? Everything I'm finding is for Eco/gt only.
Anderson and maybe true fiber are the only ones I know.

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete
Speedcore.com has composite hood, as well as fenders, trunck, front splitter, roof and decklid.

EIGHTLUG

Instagram @eightlug
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Anderson Composites makes a couple different versions of the GT350 hood. One with the single OEM vent and one with the triple vent setup. I have a triple vent hood on the way.

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
I'm still holding out for a raised, large single center vented CF hood from one of these manufacturers. I want better heat extraction for my Whipple setup, and id like to incorporate my strut bar back in. With so many boosting on this platform, I dont see why they havent created one yet? Everyone wants their strut bar back and I bet all would gladly pay up to get it back. I'm hoping someone finally comes through this year! That triple vent hood is a bit much imo in terms of aesthetics.....though functionally, I'm sure it's great.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If you're willing to cut your hood, Carters Customs has a bigger center hood vent that looks very good and is pretty much the same cut and style as the GT4 vent.

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
If you're willing to cut your hood, Carters Customs has a bigger center hood vent that looks very good and is pretty much the same cut and style as the GT4 vent.
Yeah, I've seen people add that to their factory hoods. I guess I'm looking for something a little cleaner, and not so modified? Not sure if that's the word that best describes it. I guess I'm just being picky Lol. I want weight savings with the carbon fiber, heat extraction with the larger vent, and possible raised like the GT500 to bring back the strut bar. AC's Triple vent hood gets me 2 out of 3, and that's currently the best option at the moment.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yeah, I've seen people add that to their factory hoods. I guess I'm looking for something a little cleaner, and not so modified? Not sure if that's the word that best describes it. I guess I'm just being picky Lol. I want weight savings with the carbon fiber, heat extraction with the larger vent, and possible raised like the GT500 to bring back the strut bar. AC's Triple vent hood gets me 2 out of 3, and that's currently the best option at the moment.
I actually wonder if you can order a GT500 hood and directly replace it. Sure no carbon but you're only going to save about 10lbs. But if it's worth it to you...

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
I actually wonder if you can order a GT500 hood and directly replace it. Sure no carbon but you're only going to save about 10lbs. But if it's worth it to you...
I've asked around, and a couple of the carbon fiber manufacturers have said they tried and its not a direct fit for our cars.

10 lbs. isn't alot on it's own, but it all adds up in the end :wink:

If push comes to shove, Anderson C's OEM CF hood with Carter's Customs vent would technically get closer to what I want. Thanks for getting me thinking, I may just have to give in and try that...

pbrmeasap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R & 2016 Charger SRT392
I am looking to alleviate the hood flapping at speed, particularly at Daytona at speeds 160+. Am considering hood alternatives that offer better venting than the standard R hood, also with hood pins. Looks like the Speedkore cf hood is a good option (requires pins). Is the FP350S version readily available? Really don't want to alter the stock hood with vents and pins, but just swap it out for track days, particularly the higher speed circuits.

Sponsored

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
I am looking to alleviate the hood flapping at speed, particularly at Daytona at speeds 160+. Am considering hood alternatives that offer better venting than the standard R hood, also with hood pins. Looks like the Speedkore cf hood is a good option (requires pins). Is the FP350S version readily available? Really don't want to alter the stock hood with vents and pins, but just swap it out for track days, particularly the higher speed circuits.
Not mine but caught my eye recently. Cheap enough price you could add some additional vents and hood pins, lightweight and looks decent quality wise.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2019-...771989?hash=item3fd98c0595:g:sscAAOSw69teK1ol

EIGHTLUG

Instagram @eightlug
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The hood I’m running. Anderson Composites vented GT350. The fitment is honestly better than my OEM hood. For those interested, I have a 20% off discount code for Anderson Parts. Use eightlugAC at checkout and reap those savings!
CF2.jpg
CF3.jpg
CF4.jpg
CF5.jpg
CF6.jpg
CF1.jpg

Last edited:

pbrmeasap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R & 2016 Charger SRT392
The hood I’m running. Anderson Composites vented GT350. The fitment is honestly better than my OEM hood.
CF2.jpg
CF3.jpg
CF4.jpg
CF5.jpg
CF6.jpg
CF1.jpg
Nice. Is there a need for a heat shield? Hood pins?

OP
OP

dblcbra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350R, 2019 mustang Ecoboost, 2017 gt350(sold), 1996 xlt bronco (351), 1995 cobra, 1993 lx
The hood I’m running. Anderson Composites vented GT350. The fitment is honestly better than my OEM hood.
CF2.jpg
CF3.jpg
CF4.jpg
CF5.jpg
CF6.jpg
CF1.jpg
Can you tell if there's more clearance under this hood than the stock one?
Sponsored