Sponsored

MY2020 Mustang GT - FordPass Remote Start

Wadey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A45 AMG
Hi All,

Looking at joining the Mustang club with a new facelift model.

I have spoken to a few people at Ford and it seems the very latest model (2020MY) is able to remotely start via the FordPass app?

Does anyone have a car that has this capability?

Anyone know if I did purchase a 19 plate would it be upgradeable to this feature, I believe they have the FordPass Modem in still don't they?

It's quite a nice feature that I ideally would like to have, especially with the pre-heating cabin.

Thanks all
Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Not sure if we get it in the UK as there’s some law regarding having the car running and unoccupied. This was why the 15-17 UK cars didn’t have remote start but the US models did.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting point to note, the new fiesta we've just got for mum has the 'ford pass app' access, and according to the dealer she could start it from her phone (it's a manual).

Not tested it yet... but happy to if we think it could be a humorous thing to do / proves mustangs 'could' have it etc?

OP
OP

Wadey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A45 AMG
I’ve been told that I’ll be the App ONLY, so there won’t be any change to the Key Fob, like the current US car has.

They seemed pretty sure, stating it is going to be added to the 2020 Model, and knowing it wasn’t currently on the 19 plates.

Sponsored

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Interesting point to note, the new fiesta we've just got for mum has the 'ford pass app' access, and according to the dealer she could start it from her phone (it's a manual).

Not tested it yet... but happy to if we think it could be a humorous thing to do / proves mustangs 'could' have it etc?

Cannot comment on the Ford but I used to have a Jaguar XE which came with an App and remote start feature on the App. However as mine was a manual gearbox the remote start didn’t work despite it being on the App.

I believe it’s because there’s the risk of starting the car if it’s been left in gear and hence it lurching forward and the associated risks with that !

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Definitely won’t have it if it’s a manual vehicle.

People seem to believe everything car salesmen say these days and take it as gospel. They want you to buy the car at the end of the day and will say anything they can to get you to hand over the cash, if it doesn’t have it after you have ordered/bought it then it’s tough shit basically as you should have read the brochure with all the specs.

Last edited:

Nevyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevyn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang V8 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Currently only Vans get the modem in the UK. And I think some of the focus and other smaller cars.
My 69 plate does not seem to support it I was looking forward to that feature because literature suggested it was available.

I just pop out to the car and then run back in shivering instead.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Just make sure it’s not in gear just in case :cwl:
Aye fuck lad, it went into the freezer, big hole in it.

Right for info, only works in the app, after a fair chunk of fiddling to get it connected, worth the hassle? Is it fuck.

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I've kept an eye on this thread & there's been some bizzare statements.

My manual GT knows what gear it's in, ie, the gear box senses when a gear is engaged. So, err, wouldn't any remote start have a gearbox in neutral check, before permitting an engine start....

@christianUK
I think the key word there is "leave". Which may not apply to a remote start.
Sponsored