HOW TO: Swap PP gauges into standard model

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Sorry my friend! I have not used this for that purpose. I was just linking a site where you can purchase the unit mentioned in that other post.
Ok, was hoping for something that could be used for activating the oil pressure gauge.

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Mine is a 2018 actually it's a 2019 year model... It came with the black accent package with the color changing ambient lighting... Other than modifying the vents it was pretty much plug and Play
How did you modify the vents. I was using a heat gun to soften up the plastic holes then a piece of wood to try and stretch out the holes a little.

Sponsored

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Well guys I did it....

Swapping PP or OEM aux gauges into a standard non performance package mustang is indeed possible. Panels with gauges can be found on ebay for usually $250-350. You will also need a gauge wiring connector.

Once you have gathered all parts you can start the install process. The wiring consists of 4 wires, all of which can be tapped into from the OEM APIM (sync) connector. 2 are power, positive can be tapped into from pin 1 on the APIM connector while ground can be pin 37( for premium owners) or pin 38 (for base model owners). The remaining 2 leads are for HS1 CAN. These can be tapped into from pin 53 for high (pin 53 APIM to pin 2 on connector) and pin 54 for low (pin 54 APIM to pin 3 on connector)

Once the wiring is completed we now need to make room for the gauges in the center of the dash. This will require the use of a Dremel to remove the center panel between the two outermost ac vents. You will also need to trim the center AC vent back about 1 inch to make room for the connector. A picture below has more detailed information. Again do not worry, this will not prevent you from still using standard 3 vent dash panels.

NOTE: Oil pressure gauge will not work on V6 base models. PCM programming and a new sending unit would be required. Unfortunately the PCM cannot be easily programmed and no data exits on what would have to be modified in the programming. GT owners and EB owners can activate the oil pressure gauge by simply getting a tune update to include the aux gauges.

Gauge connector part number: 6U2Z-14S411-JB

For those looking for the GT350 Oil Temp gauge, part numbers below.

GT350 Gauges part number: FR3V-10B944-AC

GT350 Dash trim panel part number: FR3V-63044A92-AJSMRJ
connector.jpg
gauges.jpg
SNAG-0625-1.jpg
IMG_20151227_152915.jpg
IMG_20151227_152911.jpg
Hi ZackMD, I have the gauges installed and the oil gauge is dead. Lights up with my color and the vac gauge is working. Now what are the steps I need to take to make the gauge come alive. I have a GT premium. Do I need to change any oil sending switch on the block. There’s only 1 wire going to that sensor. People are saying you need to change that to get a pp sensor for the oil. Or do I just need a flash to get the gauge working.
2BD0D75A-75A0-4741-B8CE-EE9FC81924E8.jpeg
155249B9-BF38-4D94-944D-589B5DA6CC4B.jpeg
918775E9-1279-409A-8321-A0859C5570E1.jpeg

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hey everyone,
I finally installed my performance pack gauges. My color is working also the vacuum gauge is working. But unfortunately the oil pressure gauge is not. The needle on the gauge jolts a little like it’s getting power but stays down. My car is a 2015 GT Premium manual transmission. I have a virtual vac/boost gauge in the center and I think that’s why the vacuum gauge works. But my oil pressure just says normal. When I click ok nothing happens on that option. It just stays normal. I just need the oil pressure gauge to work now. I read the blog twice about getting a tuner to flash the computer to a performance pack Mustang. I plan on trying to go to the dealer and ask them if they could and what would they charge. I heard it’s around 150 dollars. I hope that’s right. Seems like a small price to pay if that’s true. Anyway to the members that figured how to wire it in Thank You. Now the rest is up to me. If anyone can tell me exactly what has to be done or if any new oil sender for a performance pack Mustang has to be purchased and installed please let me know a part number. I only have 1 wire plug connected to the original oil sensor or dummy switch. If someone can please tell me what exactly has to be done now that would be great.
109F35BE-71CA-4C4D-BC1E-595F13E58205.jpeg
EBAEC867-8741-4F86-9C9C-47F8AE9D1473.jpeg
491399C0-BE47-41F3-BF72-BDC7EBBAD673.jpeg

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
Nothing changed since what I told you in post#517. In regards to oil sending unit, I didn't have to change it on my ecoboost but perhaps its different on GT's but I don't believe so. I believe that was theory floating around to try instead of a custom tune that never panned out. You will need change oil pressure form switch to transducer. Weather you accomplish this with a programmer(such as N-gauge or SCT, it sucks Bama can't or wont do it for you) with custom tune or find performance shop with HP tuning software that can modify PCM directly. Ford dealer is not going going to flash firmware from PP car to your car....lol....your lucky if you can get them to update you radio firmware….

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Nothing changed since what I told you in post#517. In regards to oil sending unit, I didn't have to change it on my ecoboost but perhaps its different on GT's but I don't believe so. I believe that was theory floating around to try instead of a custom tune that never panned out. You will need change oil pressure form switch to transducer. Weather you accomplish this with a programmer(such as N-gauge or SCT, it sucks Bama can't or wont do it for you) with custom tune or find performance shop with HP tuning software that can modify PCM directly. Ford dealer is not going going to flash firmware from PP car to your car....lol....your lucky if you can get them to update you radio firmware….
Ok, thank you for all your advice. I’ll call a tuner I used with my other mustang when she was tuned by them and ask.

Sponsored

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Ok, thank you for all your advice. I’ll call a tuner I used with my other mustang when she was tuned by them and ask.
Well, after breaking Bamas you know what they finally sent me a revised tune. Oil gauge came alive but now I have a low oil pressure light come on in the center dash. I let them know at Bama of this. Do you have any ideas on this?

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Ok, I finally got a top guy at Bama to work on making a tune for getting the oil pressure gauge to work. He sent me a tune and I installed it. The gauge started working then a few seconds later the oil light came on. Which I read in the blog might happen. So I shut the car off then I restarted and the OP gauge was pegged at 100psi and didn’t move and the oil light was off. So I re-installed the tune and OP gauge was live and again a few seconds later oil light came on. Shut the car off and again the OP gauge was pegged at 100 and oil light was off. Bama says they never done this before because they never had a request for it. So hopefully it can be figured out.

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Check this thread, it mentions a setting as possible solution Post#208

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...non-pp-model-recap.99467/page-14#post-2569214
I did that already. I looked for a trouble code but nothing came up on the hand held tuner I have. Also why after I shut the car off the OP gauge goes to 100psi and stays there and oil light goes off as if it’s starts reading again that the oil is reading normal again? Probably something that they have to sort out. They said they’ve never done this before as a request. There on the right track since they got it working. Now it’s just a matter of them figuring it how to keep on working and have the oil light go off. It’s close.

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Well, I’d like to post that Bama came though for me. They figured out how to make the OP gauge work with my 2015 Mustang GT Premium and NO oil pressure light come on in my center cluster. All is working great. Hats off to Ryan McDonald at Bama tuning support. Some of the guys I spoke to before getting Ryan to help me didn’t understand what I was trying to explain maybe. Because they thought it wasn’t within there perimeters that it could be changed but from my understanding Ryan is one of the top guys there and he apologized for the confusion and did some magic and got the gauge working.
Sponsored