Longest owner

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Mine arrived at the dealer Christmas 2016 and you lot rinsed me for holding off registering it until April 1st 2017 when the VED rules changed. But now I've had two years of Ā£140 tax (which has been awesome) and more money to spend on endless pointless other adornments.

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
Mine arrived at the dealer Christmas 2016 and you lot rinsed me for holding off registering it until April 1st 2017 when the VED rules changed. But now I've had two years of Ā£140 tax (which has been awesome) and more money to spend on endless pointless other adornments.
I admire your preservation and strong mindness. My car arrived at the dealer on the 22nd December 2016 and was ready by Christmas Eve. Appreciate it would save me Ā£400 per year in VED, but fuck it, I couldn't wait!

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
I admire your preservation and strong mindness. My car arrived at the dealer on the 22nd December 2016 and was ready by Christmas Eve. Appreciate it would save me Ā£400 per year in VED, but fuck it, I couldn't wait!
I think we must have been on the same boat (to misquote a phrase). Mine arrived that day too. It's taken me three years and 20,000 miles to get less uptight about where I park it and what might happen to it. But it still turns heads and the Ricers who colonise the far corner of Tescos in the evenings still approve. I'm getting to the end of these rear tyres and the moment is coming for my first line lock.

Mustang652

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (Champions League 87)
I still have mine; Iā€™m 87 of the 500 (130 allocated to UK, but only around 100 issued).

Just renewed my password after a long absence, was originally ā€˜Mustang65ā€™, where I described my unique journey. In summary there are actually 3 cars which could legitimately carry the 87 badge.

Ordered a RR GT full specā€™. Damaged dockside in Baltimore. Re-ordered as deemed unsaleable even if repaired. Had been in direct commā€™s with ex UK CEO Andy Barrett about CL issues and he lent me the TY GT off Top Gear.

Had a fantastic and unique experience for over a year of direct interaction with Andy and the team. Free cars for 9 months, Goodwood FOS guest followed same day by Top Gear studio and more.

Have seen that Andy has come out of retirement to run Lexus in UAE. Top man, unlike any CEO in motor industry for engaging with people.

My original RR is now part of the Ford collection in Dagenham with Supercharger etc.

Second RR was sold by Hendy in Southampton.

My TY (AK65 WBX) is, I think, the most featured S550. Try an image search on Google. Even videos with Sabine Schmidt driving.

My Wife did buy me the reg ā€˜GT65 MUSā€™ when it was issued but have never got around to changing and probably wonā€™t now.

Still makes me smile and as you have all found people still; look, smile and give a thumbs up. Like an early Golf or Land Rover it is class-less and works in any setting.
DF5C0729-2E89-48D8-AB72-2A1604F4A6E0.jpeg

Sponsored

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
I'm nowhere near you guys in terms of longest owner on here but in April I will have had the mustang 2 years which is the longest I've ever kept a car in 19 years of driving. No plans to sell at all.

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
i'm coming up to 4 years on mine now

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

mkforks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang v8 r/h/d to come
Do remember you being one of the delayed ones...not enough RHD glove boxes if I remember correctly :crackup:

Don't think there are any champions league car owners still on here? Few of those hit Early November I think
yep im still here and still have champions league car
it was plated 118 of 500
still in original factory spec