Sponsored

Stg 2 D1x kit ordered!

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Placed my order for a stage 2 D1x tuner kit today for my 19gt. I’m super excited and can’t wait to get it installed and get it dialed in. I’m hoping for 750-800whp on e85.

I’ll be running id 1050x injectors and a 16 gt350 pump with my own pieced together return line and regulator. I ordered the kit with a 4.5” pulley. I’m hoping that will be enough for my power goals. I’d like to see mid 9’s when I’m able to get a tire on it and get to the track.
Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
You should be good on your goals. Nice purchase! Get your build thread ready.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Turn it up and get that thing to the drag strip!

Sponsored

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Turn it up and get that thing to the drag strip!
that’s the goal although I’m always down for a little street fun too when conditions permit. I had a mid 10 second fox body back in the day that was fun at the strip, but sucked as a daily.My 19 is more of a best of both worlds type of car.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
that’s the goal although I’m always down for a little street fun too when conditions permit. I had a mid 10 second fox body back in the day that was fun at the strip, but sucked as a daily.My 19 is more of a best of both worlds type of car.
Yep, you can make this car a 9sec daily.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I just need a decent tire and then hopefully the stock half shafts will hold up for a bit

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
What gears are you guys running? I'm not about the 1/4 mile life but I'm still trying to make 1k.

I've driven all the blowers now, I still don't like the 2650's so it's between the Gen5 Whipple, D1x or the KB 3.6/4.2L blowers. The D1x & KB both breathe up top like Turbos without without the hassle but there are so many "because I bought it" people, it's hard to make the choice. The only reason the Gen5 is still in consideration is just because it's the easy way out. The procharger just fits better with how I want to set the car up with the stock hood since I don't want an aftermarket hood, scoop or subframe spacers.

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
What gears are you guys running? I'm not about the 1/4 mile life but I'm still trying to make 1k.

I've driven all the blowers now, I still don't like the 2650's so it's between the Gen5 Whipple, D1x or the KB 3.6/4.2L blowers. The D1x & KB both breathe up top like Turbos without without the hassle but there are so many "because I bought it" people, it's hard to make the choice. The only reason the Gen5 is still in consideration is just because it's the easy way out. The procharger just fits better with how I want to set the car up with the stock hood since I don't want an aftermarket hood, scoop or subframe spacers.
my car has the factory 3:15’s it’s my understanding that the centri cars run faster quarter times with 3:55’s but at this point I have no personal experience. I’m going to see what she’ll do with the 3:15’s then go from there

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I just need a decent tire and then hopefully the stock half shafts will hold up for a bit
Wheel hop once with a drag radial and they will break. Plan on a set.
Sponsored