Sponsored

Windscreen replacement help

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i use the gyeon stuff i suspect all ceramic coats are pretty much the same though in the end
Sponsored

OP
OP
pr8196

pr8196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Proj
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Need for Green - Custom Pack 2 with Magneride adaptive suspension, rear spoiler
Thanks Hinch and Kristian. Will go for whichever is easy to apply outdoors. I dont have a Garage.

OP
OP
pr8196

pr8196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Proj
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Need for Green - Custom Pack 2 with Magneride adaptive suspension, rear spoiler
Happy New Year guys. Windscreen replaced with ford Oem and camera calibrated afterwards using some software. So far, everything looks good.
Thank you for your guidance and time on this

Nevyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevyn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang V8 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks mate.. another bit, which I would be intrigued to know what excess other insurance providers are charging for windscreen replacement (genuine OEM). Did someone said A-Plan charge only £75.
the charge on my Range Rover with heated front screen was £80 with Admiral.

OP
OP
pr8196

pr8196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Proj
Vehicle(s)
the charge on my Range Rover with heated front screen was £80 with Admiral.
Ok thanks. I am looking for this information for Mustang 2018 onwards. Admiral may have different policy for Mustang. For instance, LV=, set excess for Mustang to £500 (non-negotiable)

Sponsored

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Ok thanks. I am looking for this information for Mustang 2018 onwards. Admiral may have different policy for Mustang. For instance, LV=, set excess for Mustang to £500 (non-negotiable)
My windscreen excess with LV last renewal was £190 so they must have changed that recently

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
Had my screen changed on a 2016 GT in late 2017. At the time the only glass was OEM from Fords at a cost of £1300 + VAT. Since then I do not know if anyone is doing a "copy" glass.

I have been told by a friend who is in the windscreen game that there are a few different glass companies that they get stock from with autoglass having exclusive use to another provider (who i would suspect is owned by AG). he told me he has a customer with a Bentley GT who had to use AG who sorted a screen and it was a copy glass and did not have the Bentley logo on it !!!!

I use Equity and I only have a £75 Excess with unlimited cover providing you use their company which was Autowindscreens.
Sponsored