TheApX

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
Black 2020 GT Premium Convertible, 6MT, PP, 401A, MagneRide, Active Exhaust, B&O, Safe&Smart
I've played with the 2020 configurator for a while and noticed that Shadow Black looks like a very dark blue, not really black. It is especially noticeable when you compare to 2019. Color code is the same G1 though, and 2019 is just black IRL. Unfortunately there are no black mustangs in the official gallery to check real photos.
Do you think it's just an incorrect color rendered on the website or the color tone has changed?

full?lightbox=1&last_edit_date=1566057205.png

full?lightbox=1&last_edit_date=1566057205.png
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The color representation in the configutor is always off a lot.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
"It's like, how much more black could this be and the answer is none. None more black." Nigel Tufnel

1Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt Convertible
I've played with the 2020 configurator for a while and noticed that Shadow Black looks like a very dark blue, not really black. It is especially noticeable when you compare to 2019. Color code is the same G1 though, and 2019 is just black IRL. Unfortunately there are no black mustangs in the official gallery to check real photos.
Do you think it's just an incorrect color rendered on the website or the color tone has changed?

I spent 4 hours claying and waxing a new 2019 Shadow Black, it is most def black; no blue in mine whatsoever.

Bear

Sponsored

OP
OP

TheApX

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
Black 2020 GT Premium Convertible, 6MT, PP, 401A, MagneRide, Active Exhaust, B&O, Safe&Smart
I actually got my 2020 GT Convertible delivered back in September, and it is black indeed. Exactly the same black color as 2019 and previous years, no blue notes at all. So colors in the configurator are off.

Some photos:

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
OP
OP

TheApX

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)

superblur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Not to necro an old thread, but I recently bought a shadow black 2020 gt. I think the configurator was trying to illustrate that shadow black has green and blue flakes in the paint. It looks gloss black from far away, but if you get right up on it you can see all the blue and green metallic flakes which is actually pretty awesome.
Sponsored