Sponsored

2019 Base Model EcoBoost -> Pioneer. Maestro?

RoyceHart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Royce
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
The details:

I have a 2019 EcoBoost with the base model sound system (6 speaker, 4” non-touch screen).

I have purchased a 2019-20 Ford Mustang Radio Heat/AC Control Panel (8 in. opening), part number LR3T-18E245-FA, to swap out the console.

I do not want SYNC3; I have a Pioneer AVH-2550NEX Multimedia DVD Receiver with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto.

Ok, my question:

If I use the Maestro iDatalink KIT-MFT1 with the iDatalink Maestro RR Interface Module, will that get me all the connections I need for the Pioneer to work and be controlled by my steering controls?

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
If the connectors in the car are the same as with the 8" screen, then yes. If not, you cannot use the T-harness without modifying the harness in the car, first.
In that case you need to do a complete 4" to 8" screen swap first and then change the SYNC with the MFT1 and Pioneer. Be aware, that you also need to get an idatalink RR or RR2, as well.

OP
OP
RoyceHart

RoyceHart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Royce
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
If the connectors in the car are the same as with the 8" screen, then yes. If not, you cannot use the T-harness without modifying the harness in the car, first.
In that case you need to do a complete 4" to 8" screen swap first and then change the SYNC with the MFT1 and Pioneer. Be aware, that you also need to get an idatalink RR or RR2, as well.
Peter, thank you for your response, I appreciate it!

That leads me to my next question - is there an 8" adapter kit for the 4" wiring harness? Or will I need an 8" harness? (Or is there anything incompatible between the 4" and 8" wiring harnesses?)

My main concerns are:
  • CarPlay for iPhone (and possibly Android)
  • Steering Wheel Controls
  • USB ports
  • Bluetooth / Hands-free calling with existing cabin mics
Thanks again!

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Basically you need to do a base to SYNC3 conversion. There is a big thread around here detailing what needs to be done.
A base to SYNC3 conversion ticks all concerns all at once.
You get CarPlay and Android Auto, you keep steering wheel controls, get two USB ports and can reuse the existing microphone (if you already got hands free calling right now with your base radio).
Aftermarket radios never reuse the existing microphone, but you always have to use the mic that is delivered with the radio.
I know you already got the Pioneer, but a SYNC3 does all what the Pioneer does and is a lot easier to integrate.
Sponsored