Sponsored

GT350 or GT ?

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
no, you teach them how to drive a stick. Problem solved and they have acquired a useful skill.
You are correct my sir. I offered, was declined by my wife multiple times and just want the girls to enjoy the car and not worry about "learning." If I was a better father they would already know how to drive a stick. Oh well.
Sponsored

Mrzero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AGT350
Good morning guys and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!!

I love mustang GTs and my favorite is the GT350...for obvious reasons. I am planning to buy a GT soon but there is something that I need "ideas and opinions" as far as ....here we go:

I am NOT planning to track the car, would it be wise/practical to buy a GT350 or should I get the GT with the PP2 package for example or another mustang? What is your take on this ?
Thanks
I had 17 GT350 w/ electronics package and currently drive a 19 401a PP2 w/Recaros. I recommend the GT350. The Shelby is just a special ride.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I really don't understand some comments saying that "the GT350 isn't a good DD because it's a track car blarrtghghrlgharrrr!!!" MagneRide is way more compliant and responsive than a fixed tube shock will ever be, even in Track Mode. Remember, complaint and stiff are not the same.

"The GT350 isn't a good DD because there's no low end torque blarrrraghgledhgardirreah!!!" Are you really drag racing with a 2006 Camry filled with the family next door at every stop light? Get real...it's fine. Yes it can feel sluggish if you give it half throttle in the lower RPM's but if we're talking DAILY DRIVING, why are you driving like a donkey, anyway? If you are then sure, get a GT and supercharge it.

"The GT350 isn't a good DD because the break me off a piece of that kit kat bar squeak! barrrrbasaurus rex!!!! AHHHHHhhUGGHGHHHGHGGGG!!!" Meanwhile, all you clowns are asking about track focused brake upgrades..............for the street.

hahahahaha so true:clap::cwl:

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Good morning guys and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!!

I love mustang GTs and my favorite is the GT350...for obvious reasons. I am planning to buy a GT soon but there is something that I need "ideas and opinions" as far as ....here we go:

I am NOT planning to track the car, would it be wise/practical to buy a GT350 or should I get the GT with the PP2 package for example or another mustang? What is your take on this ?
Thanks

I have both, a 2019 PP2 and a GT350R. The PP2 is a great car, but the 350R makes it look pedestrian, ordinary. If you can, get a 350. It’s an incredibly special car.
AADBC6FE-F05A-41A8-AE3D-BF0A7A950451.jpeg

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would say that if money is any concern at all buy the GT. If you can accept the GT and aren't bored with it, buy that. You will save money and the GT is a great car.

Yes, IMO the GT350 is a lot better and IMO the GT350 is worth the money. I put 33,000 miles on mine before selling it last year. However, you can always buy a GT350 at a later time - if and when you get tired of the regular GT.

I wouldn't get a PP2 if you aren't tracking the car. I would drive a base GT and see what you think. Only go up to a higher model if you dislike something about the base GT and the higher model gives you something you prefer. Even the PP1 is overkill for street driving. Since you aren't going to the track, there's no need to have super sticky tires that will wear out right away and throw rocks all over your paint, extra stiff springs and sway bars, coolers, etc.

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I will say this, and maybe this matters to you or not, but my GT350 draws way more attention than I ever expected. I thought most people will just see another Mustang. Several times now I have found people taking pictures of it in parking lots, several times people want to roll down the window at a stop light (it's winter in New England mind you) and talk about the car. I have been stopped at gas stations, store parking lots, and my several weeks ago I was picking up my son at school and a police officer flagged me down and wanted to talk about the car.

I love cars, so I get it, but this thing is a magnet for attention so just be aware. Even more than the C7 Z51 I owned.

Deleted member 37397

I
I will say this, and maybe this matters to you or not, but my GT350 draws way more attention than I ever expected. I thought most people will just see another Mustang. Several times now I have found people taking pictures of it in parking lots, several times people want to roll down the window at a stop light (it's winter in New England mind you) and talk about the car. I have been stopped at gas stations, store parking lots, and my several weeks ago I was picking up my son at school and a police officer flagged me down and wanted to talk about the car.

I love cars, so I get it, but this thing is a magnet for attention so just be aware. Even more than the C7 Z51 I owned.
I’d agree with all of this.

NC252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro - 2020 GMC Denali HD - 2020 GT500

Your comment about owning a Vette has struck my interest. I just sold a C7, Z06 with a Z07 package and I have been thinking about buying a New GT350 for my next adventure. I know the GT350 doesn't come close to HP or torque I had in my Z06, but is there anything you miss about the C7 the GT350 can't give you?

MrBill2016GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Here is real world experience;
In August my son bought a 2017 Shelby GT350 after I drove it 2 weeks later I bought a 2016 GT as a daily driver yes its a 6 speed and I love it. 80 miles a day averaging 26 mpg.
We did a head to head comparison driving both cars when I was at his house Christmas day (Cant think of a better way to spend Christmas day after the morning festivities)
Conclusion; We both agreed that they are great cars but you can tell the Shelby is a far superior car than the GT. When the money is there I will get a Shelby GT350 as a daily driver. Life is too short drive boring cars.
I have no regrets in buying the GT as that is what my budget could afford at the time, it is a fun car to drive but I see a Shelby GT350 in my future.
OurMustangs.jpg

N17

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350, 2018 Macan T , 2021 Ram 1500, 2015 R8
i recently made the move from a 2017 GT pp to a 2017 GT350. The GT350 is a better car in every way, it took everything I liked about the GT and amplified.
If you can afford it go for the GT350.

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Your comment about owning a Vette has struck my interest. I just sold a C7, Z06 with a Z07 package and I have been thinking about buying a New GT350 for my next adventure. I know the GT350 doesn't come close to HP or torque I had in my Z06, but is there anything you miss about the C7 the GT350 can't give you?
Not really outside of less power and torque. Both have excellent handling and and braking. The GT350 sounds even better than an LT1 or LT4. Overall it’s a more comfortable car and not as confining. I actually prefer the Tremec 6 speed in the Camaro and GT350 to the Tremec 7th speed in the Corvette. It’s smoother and easier to shift. I prefer the Recaros to the seats in my Corvette but I had the baseZ51 seats not the competition seats.

The Corvette does offer better tech such as a better HUD, and PDR.

I really like high revving cars though and the GT350 pulls strong all the way to 8200 rpm. It took me a bit to stop shifting around 6000rpm like you do in a Vette :). You still have another 2K+ to go!

NC252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro - 2020 GMC Denali HD - 2020 GT500
Not really outside of less power and torque. Both have excellent handling and and braking. The GT350 sounds even better than an LT1 or LT4. Overall it’s a more comfortable car and not as confining. I actually prefer the Tremec 6 speed in the Camaro and GT350 to the Tremec 7th speed in the Corvette. It’s smoother and easier to shift. I prefer the Recaros to the seats in my Corvette but I had the baseZ51 seats not the competition seats.

The Corvette does offer better tech such as a better HUD, and PDR.

I really like high revving cars though and the GT350 pulls strong all the way to 8200 rpm. It took me a bit to stop shifting around 6000rpm like you do in a Vette :). You still have another 2K+ to go!
Thanks for your reply. The small cockpit was my main reason getting rid of my Z06, that and wanting a manual gear shifter. I ha e often wondered why FORD hasn’t included a PDR in the GT350 since they sell it as a track car.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
There is a lot of very useful and specific information in this thread regarding the GT350 and GT. Nice job guys.

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
Make sure you test drive a GT PP2 and a GT350 before making up your mind about them. I read many forum posts saying the PP2 was an inexpensive way to get into a nice performing Mustang and it was often referred to as a “poor man’s GT350”.

I had a hard time finding a PP2 to test drive, but I am glad I finally located one. The one I drove was a manual with Magneride and Active Exhaust, so as close as possible to compare to a GT350. The PP2 suspension was a lot harsher on the road and it was tramlining like crazy on a seemingly smooth stretch of highway. I have owned cars that tramlined, so that was not as big of a deal for me. However, I could not get past the harsh ride and extremely tight steering. I also prefer the awesome sound of the VooDoo over the screaming Coyote, but they both sound pretty good...

In the end, I went with a lightly used 2018 GT350 for slightly more money then a new 2019 PP2 and I am totally happy with my decision.

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Most on here do not track the car so that would not be a deal breaker. I drove a PP2 GT and loved it. Heated steering wheel, heated and cooled seats. Obviously compared to the 350 it felt much more toned down and civil (which isn’t completely true) but it was still a great test drive. Sitting in the interior doesn’t feel as special as the Shelby.

if you are going to be putting lots of miles on it, I’d say go GT. More creature comforts and less money up front.
Sponsored