OP
OP
CraigJ

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
Like the side view picture, makes the car look smaller than usual.

I've got 19x11 rear wheels wearing 305s.
Didn't think I'd be able to squeeze 325s on.
Seating & clearances ok?

Sorry if I've missed it, but did the springs lower the car or was it just a change in rating? Furthermore, do you plan to do anything with/to the ARBs?

I've got some GT350R ARBs on order, but having issues sourcing some bushes.

Enjoying this thread, keep going!
the tyres clear fine. Need to get the car aligned though as I can see the camber at the rear is off from one side to the other.

the springs have dropped it 25mm at the front and 20 at the rear. Ride is nice and doesn’t feel any more harsh than the stock springs.

non plans to do The ARB yet but might do in the future.
Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
the springs have dropped it 25mm at the front and 20 at the rear. Ride is nice and doesn’t feel any more harsh than the stock springs.
Thanks, I wondered because there appears to be clearance above the rear tyre. So you didn't drop the rear as far as the front. I prefer the visual appearance this gives your car, as opposed to when the top of the rear tyre disappears up into the wheel arch.

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
Hi Craig, love the build and can only admire your skills. If you don't mind me asking where did you buy the digital dash and the sync 3 upgrade gear from ? Do you think it Would it be something that a car audio guy would be able to install ?
Thanks.
Barrie.

OP
OP
CraigJ

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Craig, love the build and can only admire your skills. If you don't mind me asking where did you buy the digital dash and the sync 3 upgrade gear from ? Do you think it Would it be something that a car audio guy would be able to install ?
Thanks.
Barrie.
I bought the dash from the states (eBay.com) as it is cheaper.

Fitting is the easy bit. You just need to use Forscan to program it all after. again easy after a bit of reading up on here.
Just need to make sure you get the right dash as there is a manual and an auto. You can program the mileage via Forscan too as long as it is going up not down so possible to fit a second hand one from a wrecked car as long as the mileage is less than yours.

You also need 3 steering wheel buttons, the wiper/indicator unit and the new type bezel. Came in at about ÂŁ1400 i think for all the bits.

Took a couple of hours to fit and have it working.

@SpArKy on here did a post on the install. Have a look in posts. contains all the part numbers etc.

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
Thanks for the info, I will have a look on eBay to see what there is. I'm not confident enough to fit myself. Hellhorse performance do a plug and play digital dash for approx 1,600 dollers. I will speak to the guy who did the audio in my van to see whether it something he can do for me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CraigJ

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not much of an update but the car is back on its wheels and driving. Exhaust is done and sounds great. Still quiet (ish) with the valves shut even on the motorway and not intrusive. Open the valves and shit the bed it makes some noise especially on wide open throttle. It does sound just fantastic though.

Still just doing some running around and rechecking as i have had so much of the car apart over December i want to be sure every thing is staying tight.

Also managed to update the sync3 to 3.4 with the help of @GR11M just so i could have the Ford performance splash screen. Its the small things that matter.

u6eVf0K.jpg

FPJq6ov.jpg

Td9czkw.jpg

Also the Cooper Zeon RS3-S tyres I got from the states are proving to be good so far.

Just gave the car a quick wash after a 60 mile shake down.

aICWXk4.jpg

WHxMXHs.jpg

lcxFfkU.jpg

h8c3UdE.jpg

3pX2XXc.jpg

MvN1YMI.jpg

Dq9R6zx.jpg

Will be taking the car in for 4 wheel alignment in the next week or 2 and fitting the Mishimoto oil cooler if it ever arrives.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I like the sync 3 mod ... :sunglasses:

Please tell me more - when my 2020 arrives I assume it should have the latest software, how do I check ?

Can any image be used or are they pre loaded options only ?

And finally, do I need anything special (including IT skills lol) to change the images ?

Cheers,

WD :like:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
is the sync 3.4 upgrade anything different from just the latest one from ford ?

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Also intrigued to learn of a splash screen hack :bandit:

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Your car sits very well on those wheels with the lowered springs!

I like the dark blue backround to the Sync display. I find the day colour on mine too bright & when I tried running with the black night mode it was less visible during the day.

So either I've missed changing the backround colour or it's a change that's come in with 3.4??

Sponsored
OP
OP
CraigJ

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To change the splash screens you need Forscan and a ELM327 interface.
Forscan is free and the licence is free.
The interface can be bought from eBay/Amazon etc for about ÂŁ15/20

All the Sync 3 have different splash screens built into them but as far as im aware you need Forscan to change them.

Early sync 3 version below 3.0 i think have the Ford GT splash screen but from 3.0 on wards this was removed in the update.

The Ford Performance i have on mine is only in version 3.4 as far as im aware. It maybe in 3.3

Other screens from memory are:

Ford Logo
Lincoln Logo
Raptor
Mustang
GT350
GT350 R
Vignale
ST
RS
GT

plus some others.

You can change the theme just by going into the hidden settings. you press eject and FF/skip at the same time. Hold down until the speakers start to emit a high pitch tone. let it do its test or tap "End test" then it opens its hidden menu.
Click on "test settings" i think it is and there is an option for themes. Any thing you change you do at your own risk. Not sure if you can change splash screens from there but you may be able too.

OP
OP
CraigJ

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This video shows you how to do the theme change. very easy to do.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Other screens from memory are:

Ford Logo
Lincoln Logo
Raptor
Mustang
GT350
GT350 R
Vignale
ST
RS
GT

plus some others.
Thanks for the info...may have a go at this at some point. Loads of vids & guides online, seems pretty straightforward. Quick google search & I found the GT one, which seems quite fitting!

gt.JPG

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info...may have a go at this at some point. Loads of vids & guides online, seems pretty straightforward. Quick google search & I found the GT one, which seems quite fitting!

gt.JPG
This how threads should be!! You nailed it
Keep up the good stuff
:rockon:

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
always fancied the digital dash myself