Sponsored

Moving, HPR track 40 min away, $1250 unlimited pass

slikk66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 1966 Mustang Coupe
I had looked up in past if there were any road courses there, and I found a few. Now that we know the address (just put down a deposit) I looked it up:

https://www.highplainsraceway.com/open-lapping-days/open-lapping-days-unlimited-season-pass/

$1250 for unlimited track day season pass.. track is 40 minutes away. 2.5 mile track - January through November (April through October are non-winter days/rates).

Anyone have experience with this track?

I feel like I've died and gone to heaven..
Sponsored

Last edited:

User5.2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS3
I have driven it about a dozen times - it is a great track with elevation changes a couple of long straights. I don't have experience at other major tracks to compare though. i have never done the HPR open lapping - I always go with the the Shelby club or Tire Rack track nights.

tbr2001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
It's a great track. I have heard open lapping days can be a bit crazy, but at least with the pass you could bail if you're not comfortable with the experience of other drivers and come back another day.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah the open lapping is a great deal.

It's a fun track, I prefer PMP but it's pretty decent.

Don't speed on the roads to and from, the cops are privy to which days there are events.

Sponsored

OP
OP
slikk66

slikk66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah the open lapping is a great deal.

It's a fun track, I prefer PMP but it's pretty decent.

Don't speed on the roads to and from, the cops are privy to which days there are events.
Hadn't seen PMP yet, just looked it up. That's less than 2 hours away as well.. this is going to be fun. I'll be relocating to Parker around March!

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hadn't seen PMP yet, just looked it up. That's less than 2 hours away as well.. this is going to be fun. I'll be relocating to Parker around March!
I'm in Parker right now lol.

But around March we are moving into a new house near DIA.

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
The Colorado Front Range has some good track options. HPR is a fun track, but in the middle of nowhere. Pikes Peak International Raceway has an infield road course, and I second that Pueblo is also worth your time. NASA, SCCA, PCA, and BMW Club run events at all of these tracks if you are looking for more structured and safer track time.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I had looked up in past if there were any road courses there, and I found a few. Now that we know the address (just put down a deposit) I looked it up:

https://www.highplainsraceway.com/open-lapping-days/open-lapping-days-unlimited-season-pass/

$1250 for unlimited track day season pass.. track is 40 minutes away. 2.5 mile track - January through November (April through October are non-winter days/rates).

Anyone have experience with this track?

I feel like I've died and gone to heaven..
The lack of a tech inspection and having motor cycles on track would concern me. That said if I liked the track it might be worth it, I cant seem to find their schedule.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
slikk66

slikk66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycles run on separate days. I always recommend avoiding open lapping days unless you either have hired a private instructor or you have had a few weekends of prior formal high-performance driving instruction.
I've done about 6 weekends with bigger clubs like Audi and BMW in the past. Only one so far in the Shelby, though. They still do point by don't they? I'll definitely try it out before committing to any type of longer pass. Being so close though, will be hard to beat. Thanks for the info about the other options guys!

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
The local NASA, PCA, and BMW Club events all require point-bys on specific straights in their beginner and intermediate groups and are very good about adhering to safety standards.
Sponsored