Sponsored

19 BULLITT Rear Cam or not

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
So I have finally decided to get a dash cam for my MY19 BULLITT as there are too many dumbasses on the road these days. I am looking at getting the 2ch Thinkware U1000 system in my car and wiring to a Cellink NEO battery for extending the park mode. I might be tempted to go for the radar module, but the jury is still out on this. My current issue right now if I should forego the rear camera due to the fact my rear windshield has a 20% tint on it and not sure if it will be too dark for the camera to actually get anything in view.

So the question I am going to ask is, is there any benefit to putting a rear camera if my tint is too dark. If the opinion is to not use a rear camera, then a single channel dash cam will be fine for me.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ronin47

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would suggest take a short video with your phone from the rear windshield to get an idea of how the video quality would be through the tint. Then decide.
Good idea!! I didn't think of that. Since the BULLITT is stored away for its winter slumber. I will have to keep in mind on your suggestion before actually making that purchase. Any additional thoughts or tips you wish to dispense? :)

Thanks!!

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
I have heavy tint on my back glass and its not really an issue. Each camera has an independent brightness setting, I set the rear cam on high. Works great.

OP
OP
Ronin47

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have heavy tint on my back glass and its not really an issue. Each camera has an independent brightness setting, I set the rear cam on high. Works great.
Thanks! How does that affect daylight operation when the brightness is set to high? I would think night time driving would be ok but daylight may look overexposed?

Sponsored

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
I think it looks OK, not a sharp as the front but see what you think. Brightness on front cam is medium, rear cam is high. I have heavy dark tint on the back glass. I also have a CPL filter on the front cam to reduce glare/reflections.

OP
OP
Ronin47

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it looks OK, not a sharp as the front but see what you think. Brightness on front cam is medium, rear cam is high. I have heavy dark tint on the back glass. I also have a CPL filter on the front cam to reduce glare/reflections.
Thank you!! That really helped me to gauge the picture of the back camera.

Cheers!!
Sponsored