Sponsored

Georgia Roll Call

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
anyone bringing walkie talkies? i do plan to pick up 2 at least tomorrow. Rishi, it will be a nice day for sure.
Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
What WalMart do you meet at in Dawsonville? The one across from the Outlets and near the Home Depot?
It's the Walmart in the other "D" town... Dahlonega.

Walmart.JPG

See ya there...!!!!!

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
It's the Walmart in the other "D" town... Dahlonega.

Walmart.JPG

See ya there...!!!!!
That makes way more sense as it's right before the start of the fun stuff. Was wondering why we were meeting and then cruising on 400 for like 15 miles lol.

rishi_says

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rishi
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem, PP2
anyone bringing walkie talkies? i do plan to pick up 2 at least tomorrow. Rishi, it will be a nice day for sure.
I have walkie talkies. I got a new long range one so if we can pick a channel before we go I can program before we meet up cuz its a bit of a process.

We're having a small NYE get together so depending on when the guests leave I'll have to make a call before bed if I can make it out tomorrow or not.

rishi_says

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rishi
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem, PP2
Hi All, thanks for letting me join you guys today. It was great meeting everyone @95CobraR @dpAtlanta @mavisky @NoXiDe . Sorry I didn't stay for the whole thing; I've been having some gallbladder related issues for five months and some days it doesn't affect me at all; that wasn't the case today. By the time we got through 60, I was starting to feel symptoms and was hoping they'd pass. I'll try to make it out to the next one, hopefully after my surgery later in January to sort all this out.

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Sorry you weren't feeling well. I glanced back and just caught you turning around and heading the other way. Glad to hear you're alright and thanks for joining us on a portion of the drive today.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Great fun. No tickets or any off-roading.

I think the two Magnetic Metallic GT350's had the faster color. ;)

PBR2020.JPG
PBR2020a.JPG

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
It was an awesome day and we had some great luck with the roads and traffic until we hit Helen. Wish I had a way to get shots as we were driving. Being at the back for a bit and seeing and hearing 3 GT350's downshifting and diving into the turns was a lot of fun.
20200101_204729.jpg

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
It was awesome.

I doubt anyone around the SixGaps had ever seen four GT350 Voodoo engine cars running together.

We pulled out of WalMart and drove over Woody Gap, thru Suches, and into some serious turns. You had to be at maximum concentration. I never looked in the rear view mirror. We got to Morganton, GA and onto the Blue Ridge Parkway.

We ended up hitting 5 of the 6 Gaps (we missed Brasstown Bald Mountain--the highest point in GA). We did hit Jacks Gap which was 2 miles away.

I remember the final stage when going up Unicol Gap. It was mostly two lanes going up. We passed four cars and found an Audi in the left lane. We moved over to the slow lane and kicked it in the middle of two quick turns.

Map:
SixGapRG.gif

Sponsored
OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Augusta, GA checking in. Would love to meet up in the mountains with y’all sometime!
I used a car mechanic from Hephzibah, GA for many years. He passed away from blood cancer.

You are subscribed, but I doubt much will happen until early spring? It's too cold for soft tires recently..

What car are you thinking of bringing?

zoinks5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I used a car mechanic from Hephzibah, GA for many years. He passed away from blood cancer.

You are subscribed, but I doubt much will happen until early spring? It's too cold for soft tires recently..

What car are you thinking of bringing?
Oh I figured it wouldn’t be for a bit, even though I’m itching to stretch my legs.

And I’d be bringing my 2019 GT, I’ve been building it this winter to improve it for this kind of driving.

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
N.GA checking in. My car is in storage right now, but once Spring gets here the wife and I will be doing some sort of drive nearly every weekend, just like always.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
..And I’d be bringing my 2019 GT, I’ve been building it this winter to improve it for this kind of driving.
The stock 2019 is very fast. I'd say get up here. We always go slow in and fast out on most turns. It's the real deal in the mountains as well on a race track for speed. It's also the safe way to avoid getting upside down and on fire.

JC6.jpg

JC7.jpg
Sponsored