Sponsored

Anyone Running E85?

rvercitypony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford mustang Ecoboost
My mechanic let me know of a another, less modded than my car Mustang Ecoboost owner that went full E85. Local tuner got 430 rwhp from his car. This tuner is confident in this power level because E85 creates no engine knock and pulls no timing, so no pre-detonation. My mechanic also answered my question on deterioration of the fuel line. The only weak link in the system is the line from the fuel pump to the fuel rail. He fabs a $50 braided steel kit to replace this. Down the road he said I might want to upgrade fuel injectors. Any feedback is welcome.
Sponsored

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
My mechanic let me know of a another, less modded than my car Mustang Ecoboost owner that went full E85. Local tuner got 430 rwhp from his car. This tuner is confident in this power level because E85 creates no engine knock and pulls no timing, so no pre-detonation. My mechanic also answered my question on deterioration of the fuel line. The only weak link in the system is the line from the fuel pump to the fuel rail. He fabs a $50 braided steel kit to replace this. Down the road he said I might want to upgrade fuel injectors. Any feedback is welcome.
Be cautious, at that power level, ecoboom is very close. I see from your signature that you are very modded and Adam tuned. Have you put this question to your tuner?
I am also looking to convert to E85, research has indicated that the stock fuel pump will not flow adequately nor the stock injector set-up. I’ve found a couple of options for upgrade but they are on the expensive side.

OP
OP

rvercitypony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Be cautious, at that power level, ecoboom is very close. I see from your signature that you are very modded and Adam tuned. Have you put this question to your tuner?
I am also looking to convert to E85, research has indicated that the stock fuel pump will not flow adequately nor the stock injector set-up. I’ve found a couple of options for upgrade but they are on the expensive side.
I would be be grateful if you could list these options.

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
I would be be grateful if you could list these options.

Your tuner, Adam Tune +, carries a complete E85 package last time I checked @ $1300. Livernoismotorsports also carries a high pressure replacement pump and plumbing @ $1700. From what I gather the stock pump is good for approx 600 hp on E85, but the injectors run out of volume a couple hundred hp before that. There’s more to it all of course, but I haven’t worked through all the details as of yet.....

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Agreed with above. If you want e85 look into the kit from tune+. PD Tuning also makes a kit but the one tune+ looks a little bit better

Sponsored

OP
OP

rvercitypony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
T
There is a used aux fuel kit listed in the classified section at a hell of a good price. It has everything you need to convert to E85 minus the tune of course. I'd be all over it if I didn't already have one.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/e85-aux-fuel-kit-tune.133267/
Thanks for the feedback you guys posted, and I'm sure it will help some folks on this site. However, I decided to prioritize saving for an aftermarket long block. Once I get that, I will go E85.
Sponsored