Gauges set up!

5OSONIC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB CS
What's up guys. I just purchased a stage 2 whipple kit for my 16 GT. This will be my first forced induction car. I know they're not absolutely required, but what are some useful gauges to have? Let me see your set ups!
Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
nGauge?

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
vac/boost gauge is essential IMHO. Should you have a bypass or blow off valve issue you will see right away as well as feel the loss of power. You already have AFR on the dash. If you have an Ngauge then most of what you need less vac/boost is on that. The Ngauge has a vac/boost option for about $130 bucks as I recall. I prefer am independent gauge for vac/boost. Fourth FI setup and no way I would run any longer than needed without one. There are others that are nice to have but vac/boost again is essential IMHO. You'll find one on any 03/04 Cobra or GT500 produced. AND - side note - get a passenger side catch can on the setup as soon as you can. Even at 10psi boost I had oil migration that found its way into the intake. The driver's side produces little to no issue. I had one on the drivers side and after 3 months of driving it was dry. The passenger side had about 2-3 table spoons in it after about 1000 miles. Common on an FI setup. Trust me, on a PD setup its no fun to pull the head unit, yank the intake and split it to clean the intercooler and intake of oil migration. I'd do this even before the vac/boost gauge.

Patriot Six

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
If you have a PP, the EcoBoost boost gauge is plug n play.
C9A068FB-EC71-435E-84AA-C735B35C28FF.jpeg

Zeb8806

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zeb
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium PP
anyone know if the lethal performance pp replacement pod will accept the factory gauges? I want to replace the vacuum gauge with a mechanical boost gauge and would like to retain the factory oil pressure gauge.

Is there a better option for mounting a single gauge? I have not been able to find a steering column mount, only an ac vent mount.

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Read the description on the lethal PP pod. It spells it out clear as water. Any 2 1/16th inch gauge size. Worst case as I always say....CONTACT THE SOURCE.

Zeb8806

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zeb
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium PP
Read the description on the lethal PP pod. It spells it out clear as water. Any 2 1/16th inch gauge size. Worst case as I always say....CONTACT THE SOURCE.
Wow thanks, didn’t think to read the description of a product I was considering?

I obviously should have worded my question differently. Are the factory PP gauges 2 and 1/16th? Or are they something Ford specific.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
whats it matter? This solves your problem.

AEF42

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Wow thanks, didn’t think to read the description of a product I was considering?

I obviously should have worded my question differently. Are the factory PP gauges 2 and 1/16th? Or are they something Ford specific.
The factory gauges are not single guages.
They cannot be separated and installed in a vent pod. I hope that answers your question?

Sponsored
OP
OP

5OSONIC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB CS
vac/boost gauge is essential IMHO. Should you have a bypass or blow off valve issue you will see right away as well as feel the loss of power. You already have AFR on the dash. If you have an Ngauge then most of what you need less vac/boost is on that. The Ngauge has a vac/boost option for about $130 bucks as I recall. I prefer am independent gauge for vac/boost. Fourth FI setup and no way I would run any longer than needed without one. There are others that are nice to have but vac/boost again is essential IMHO. You'll find one on any 03/04 Cobra or GT500 produced. AND - side note - get a passenger side catch can on the setup as soon as you can. Even at 10psi boost I had oil migration that found its way into the intake. The driver's side produces little to no issue. I had one on the drivers side and after 3 months of driving it was dry. The passenger side had about 2-3 table spoons in it after about 1000 miles. Common on an FI setup. Trust me, on a PD setup its no fun to pull the head unit, yank the intake and split it to clean the intercooler and intake of oil migration. I'd do this even before the vac/boost gauge.
Thanks! I will be using the stage 2 tune provided by Whipple, so no N gauge here. I'll definitely be looking into a vac/boost gauge. Already ordered a passenger UPR catch can :rockon:

OP
OP

5OSONIC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB CS
If you have a PP, the EcoBoost boost gauge is plug n play.
C9A068FB-EC71-435E-84AA-C735B35C28FF.jpeg
Ooooooo, that's nice. But no PP here =/. I imagine getting that setup on my car would be much more expensive than buying an aftermarket pillar + gauges. I'll definitely look into it and see what/how much it would take. Thanks!

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
Not the best picture but I have an oil pressure gauge and a boost gauge, both from Stack. They do the job nicely.
197598DE-0921-42DB-BB18-970528837DE6.jpeg

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
I used an Ngauge to monitor when I was running a whipple tune. Well worth the price even to just use as a gauge.
Sponsored