GT350 or GT ?

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
I bought a new '14 GT when I got back from Afghanistan and was totally happy.

420HP was awesome and when I put some Roush mufflers on it my life was complete.

5 years later and I start hearing about the 2019 GT350 killing it with the automotive press.

I've had mine since July, drive it every day, and have almost 6400 miles on the clock.

Like others have said - there's the $$$ difference - my insurance went up - gas mileage is a little lower - but it still puts a smile on my face every morning when I hit that start button.

A very personal decision with a lot of factors to consider.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Get the GT.....

Yea right

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Good morning guys and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!!

I love mustang GTs and my favorite is the GT350...for obvious reasons. I am planning to buy a GT soon but there is something that I need "ideas and opinions" as far as ....here we go:

I am NOT planning to track the car, would it be wise/practical to buy a GT350 or should I get the GT with the PP2 package for example or another mustang? What is your take on this ?
Thanks
If you can afford the gt350 buy the gt350...

That way you'll never spend your time wondering what if.

Just note that a GT350 is a track car, not a street car you need to be diligent about letting it get to operating temps and only feed it 93 octane.

Alot of People blow up the voodoos because they are buying them expecting to use them like a Honda civic.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say if you're not going to track it at all and you just want a pure daily street car that you might supercharge or have fun modifying, I'd say go with the GT.

It really takes a specific mindset and attitude and understanding to own a GT350. I hear guys online talking about how they would never consider a GT350 over a ZL1 or hellcat because of the horsepower and torque. I just shake my head and laugh. They obviously don't get it.

Look up the words visceral, emotional, special... That's the GT350.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Sublime1996525,
Driving it as much as you can in terms of gas consumption.....I know that there are a lot of factors that play into the final # such as how hard you drive it, city/highway miles, gas type etc...whats your average mpg? Is it really "bad" in your opinion?
So I kind of stopped being as regular on tracking fuel mileage with the Shelby but this gives you an idea. My commute is 66 miles round trip, mostly freeway with a 75 mph speed limit.

975D3A3C-EDAF-41B1-B572-8E9C3FF34FA5.png

Sponsored

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
If you can afford the gt350 buy the gt350...

That way you'll never spend your time wondering what if.

Just note that a GT350 is a track car, not a street car you need to be diligent about letting it get to operating temps and only feed it 93 octane.

Alot of People blow up the voodoos because they are buying them expecting to use them like a Honda civic.
This is ridiculous. It’s not a track car. It’s a street car with track presence. We don’t have 93 here so 91 is fine. Yes, you should make sure it gets up to operating temp but should do that with all cars.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
You really need to drive & experience each. They are very different cars. I drove a manual GT PP1, PP2 and a Bullitt with Magnaride. Agree that Magnaride is a must. But the engine, transmission and clutch of the GT350 is a world of difference. I find the GT350 easier to drive than the others.

Concerning the Sport Cup 2 tires. As mentioned they are Summer only, they have expected life of 10-13K miles and they do tramline on uneven roads, which can be a busy 2 hands on the wheel drive. On the highway the car is very comfortable.

I admire those who drive it daily, but for me its a 2nd/3rd car and a special beast.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Have you driven both? If not, then the discussion is a bit moot. But yes the GT350 can be a daily, especially in Fl, and assuming you're ok with a manual being your daily.

OP
OP

hperea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
TBD
So I kind of stopped being as regular on tracking fuel mileage with the Shelby but this gives you an idea. My commute is 66 miles round trip, mostly freeway with a 75 mph speed limit.

That is awesome mileage!!

Thank you so much!! Very nice of you. Not too bad...actually no bad at all!!

OP
OP

hperea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I really appreciate ALL your comments/answers. There are a lot of knowledge here in this forum, not only because most of you have owned GTs OR GT350s before and/or currently own one, but also because you currently drive one and have a personal experience with the car. Thank you so much guys!!

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I really don't understand some comments saying that "the GT350 isn't a good DD because it's a track car blarrtghghrlgharrrr!!!" MagneRide is way more compliant and responsive than a fixed tube shock will ever be, even in Track Mode. Remember, complaint and stiff are not the same.

"The GT350 isn't a good DD because there's no low end torque blarrrraghgledhgardirreah!!!" Are you really drag racing with a 2006 Camry filled with the family next door at every stop light? Get real...it's fine. Yes it can feel sluggish if you give it half throttle in the lower RPM's but if we're talking DAILY DRIVING, why are you driving like a donkey, anyway? If you are then sure, get a GT and supercharge it.

"The GT350 isn't a good DD because the break me off a piece of that kit kat bar squeak! barrrrbasaurus rex!!!! AHHHHHhhUGGHGHHHGHGGGG!!!" Meanwhile, all you clowns are asking about track focused brake upgrades..............for the street.

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
I test drove a bunch of variations of Mustangs before my recent purchase. I thought if I ever bought a Mustang it would be nothing less than a GT350. After all my test rides I would have been happy in any of them including the EB. They are all really great cars, and for the average driver any one of them are more car than anyone would ever need on the road. If is wasn't for me wanting my wife and kids to be able to drive the car as well, I'd be in a 350 (they don't know how to drive a manual - I know, most guys say that's exactly why you buy a manual), but I do not regret one bit the purchase of a GT with an automatic and its a convertible. I felt as long as i am going with the auto I'll get the benefit and enjoyment of the occasional top down experience. I have vintage convertibles and to me there is nothing more enjoyable than a cruise with the top down.

I do not have magneride and although I wanted it, the deal that fell in my lap did not include that option. The 350s where wonderful road cars but you have to decide for yourself if it is worth the manual driving everyday, is it worth the extra money, is it worth extra set of tires/rims if you drive it in the cold. I don't think lack of magneride should be a deal breaker. I do agree with others if you are considering a GT350 and decide against it then I am not sure a PP car would be worth it either. I used to race and autocross a decent amount, hardly do anymore at all, when I get back to doing that then I'll decide on what car will work best for my driving needs then but for now the GT convertible is more than enough car and way more enjoyable than I would have thought.

In the end if you get the GT350 I would have a hard time thinking you would be regretful.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
they don't know how to drive a manual - I know, most guys say that's exactly why you buy a manual
no, you teach them how to drive a stick. Problem solved and they have acquired a useful skill.