Sponsored

Don Vance ford is an evil stealership

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
Was about to close a deal on a 2020 lime R for 74k and these scumbag f'cks called me telling me they're "killing the deal" because of some nonsensical bullshit. Tonight, after celebrating NYE, i come to the interwebs to see the car mysteriously disappear from their website. It dons on me that they "killed" the deal in order to sell to someone for a higher price.
Sponsored

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
scumbaggery right there !!.

James_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt
First one dealer gets to sign the sales contract get the car. Unless like VRYALT3R3D mentioned you have a contract with a deposit put down.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Actually, even if a contract was signed...by both parties unless some money was given to them....it’s not a valid complete contract.

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
This sucks, and I’m sure your frustrated. The dealer should have allowed you to match or beat the other offer, You have to get a deposit down to hold a car. Without the deposit the dealer likely thinks you may not be serious and then a solid local offer walks in and they take it.

From a dealer perspective their job is to sell cars and you would be amazed at how many tire kickers they get in these types of cars with people who don’t have the means or true intention of buying.

Not saying you are one of those people but when you find the car you want at the price you want get a deposit down and hold the car.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, when I bought my Bullitt the dealer tried to tack on an ADM after the fact, already had a contract and $200 cash down. I just asked who my attorney should contact and that stopped all foolishness right there.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Money talks, bullshit walks.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
yeah i'm not sure selling it to another person makes them "bad" unless you had money down to hold it for you for an agreed price. too many tire kickers in this world to just hold sales because someone is "about to close a deal" on something.

hperea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Was about to close a deal on a 2020 lime R for 74k and these scumbag f'cks called me telling me they're "killing the deal" because of some nonsensical bullshit. Tonight, after celebrating NYE, i come to the interwebs to see the car mysteriously disappear from their website. It dons on me that they "killed" the deal in order to sell to someone for a higher price.
Everything happens for a reason....Something better would show up. "Trust the process". Good Luck and please show us the new one once you get it....You will!!

Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Not unless something of value has been exchanged.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Pretty sure UCC says over $500 requires it to be in writing OR possible exception if a deposit has been made.

It takes like an hour or two to buy a car if you want it. If you need time to think about it the dealer doesn't have to hold the inventory for you. It's insane anyone would think they should be legally obligated to do so.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
That is not accurate. Here, NM, a simple offer and acceptance is bindable. It doesn’t have to be in writing either. If it’s enforceable is a whole different matter. That comes down to the means and motivation of the parties involved.

Not unless something of value has been exchanged.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I completely agree with you. I’ve never understood the tactic of drawing it out, or grinding as it’s called around here. The customers like that in my experience are never satisfied. This is not aimed at the op, don’t know his specific situation.

Pretty sure UCC says over $500 requires it to be in writing OR possible exception if a deposit has been made.

It takes like an hour or two to buy a car if you want it. If you need time to think about it the dealer doesn't have to hold the inventory for you. It's insane anyone would think they should be legally obligated to do so.
Sponsored