Nevyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevyn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang V8 GT
Vehicle Showcase
oow, how much did that cost, I may have to do this to my new, damaged alloys ?
Iā€™ll have to ask Jason. It was all in with a bunch of other stuff so I kinda lost track.
Iā€™ll get back to you once Iā€™ve spoken to him

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ll have to ask Jason. It was all in with a bunch of other stuff so I kinda lost track.
Iā€™ll get back to you once Iā€™ve spoken to him

I was over at JWR the other week for the first time collecting a Roush axle back, so I'm now familiar with them.

I suspect Shelby are going to offer me money off to avoid having to collect and replace the damaged wheels, so it'll be nice to get an idea of prices to haggle with. Tbh I would prefer the satin black to shiny any way as it matches the rest of my car. I did ask another garage a year or so ago and I think they quoted Ā£80 per wheel and said the satin paint won't be as strong as the standard shiny - Is that the case with you too ?

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

I was over at JWR the other week for the first time collecting a Roush axle back, so I'm now familiar with them.

I suspect Shelby are going to offer me money off to avoid having to collect and replace the damaged wheels, so it'll be nice to get an idea of prices to haggle with. Tbh I would prefer the satin black to shiny any way as it matches the rest of my car. I did ask another garage a year or so ago and I think they quoted Ā£80 per wheel and said the satin paint won't be as strong as the standard shiny - Is that the case with you too ?
Satin finishes 'usually' use less lacquer, but, you can now get 'satin lacquers' which you can build up with layers the same as a gloss lacquer and it'll keep it 'satin' in finish, so there's some truth to the durability element for what i know (But worth asking a reputable painter on that stuff)

Nevyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevyn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang V8 GT
Vehicle Showcase
@GR11M
Spoke to Jason.
He said it was about Ā£70 a corner but canā€™t remember if it is paint or powder he just asked for a satin finish.

I did get a deal on the wheels so finish was full price. Jason indicates if you bought those wheels retail off him he could probably do you a discount on the finish.

Last edited:

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
So who's hiding what from their wives ? :lipssealed:

I got some Shelby CS3s in black coming....and maybe a few other little bits :)
I put on a barton hybrid 3 shifter and weighted knob on my car. She was pretty pissed off at me for being up to 12pm doing an "oil change"

Next morning when she drove my car she asked me "what did u do to the shifter it feels shorter, ... i like it" lol

Cant wait tilli put the long tubes on lol it's kinda fun to mod stuff and let her discover it after lol

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
@GR11M
Spoke to Jason.
He said it was about Ā£70 a corner but canā€™t remember if it is paint or powder he just asked for a satin finish.

I did get a deal on the wheels so finish was full price. Jason indicates if you bought those wheels retail off him he could probably do you a discount on the finish.
What's the pros and cons of powder and paint ?

Unfortunately I bought the wheels before I bought exhaust from them.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Powders better but takes longer to paint etc etc.
What's the pros and cons of powder and paint ?

Unfortunately I bought the wheels before I bought exhaust from them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Still no wheels, still no updates. :clock:

I'm tempted to scrap the idea and get my money back, I start a new job soon where I won't need the car. Just a bit worried the wheels won't fit in the recycling bin. :cwl:

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wheels were finally replaced from stock after some complaining, they're now off to be sprayed and new tyres fitted :dance:

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sooo I finally got my car back with the new sprayed wheels and tyres and notice this scratch on the bumper. I either did it without knowing driving back from the garage or it was there when I picked it up. The garage took photos for Facebook before I left so I should find out.

IMG-20200229-121815.jpg
Sponsored