Sponsored

Filling Intercooler bottle EB

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Quick question.

When you’re filling the intercooler overflow bottle for the EB supercharger, are you using the Lisle 24680? I bought a generic kit but it doesn’t fit the Motorad bottle.

Does the Lisle (as in the instruction manual) have an adapter that screws onto the bottle?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Patriot Six

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I didn’t even use a funnel. Gravity pour straight from coolant container.

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Ok. I’m just going by EBs directions on filling the tank. This is when installing the kit new. Everything will be empty and will need to have the system purged of air.

Patriot Six

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Just be aware that it will take several iterations of driving, purging, and filling the reservoir until it’s completely purged.

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
That’s what I’ve heard. Was hoping to avoid some of that with the funnel and try to purge it idling per se.

EB says to use the funnel to fill it and purge but not sure if the lisle has the right adapter to fit the tank.

Sponsored

Patriot Six

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I thought I was done until I hit IATs that were 100 above ambient on the highway. Took another half gallon of coolant.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Keep in mind if the pump hits a air pocket it will automatically turn itself off, so what I usually do is have someone open the driver door, this turns on the pump then I continuously pour into the bottle making sure it never runs empty, I do this until it finally stops sucking the coolant in. Close the system, then check it again and add how ever much more it needs.

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I’ve been wanting to get the spill proof funnel as EB suggests. Seems a bit easier lol. Does the Lisle 24690 have an adapter / cap that fits the coolant tank? The generic one I bought didn’t. It had 7 ends, none of which fit.

If not, I’ll entrust one of my kids to be the door opener lol.
Sponsored