GT 350R WHEELS

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I think people would probably like to hear it from the guy who is not selling him the wheels.

Terrance is 100% standup and legit, but I'm offering an unbiased opinion.

Either way, my opinion is get a set of signature wheels.
Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
HI,

I was just wondering what wheels there are to purchase to replace the carbon fiber wheels that are light and look good. My GT 350 R is currently stored away for the winter, so I am just trying to get a jump on spring. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Hey brother, congratulations on the car. Take a browse in our Signature Wheel build album. I can guarantee you will find something you like. Chances are you will enjoy the performance of the wheel so much it will become your preferred track option as well. Just ask the Ford Performance Racing School.

www.sigaturewheel.com

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qBHDLwf5bI6kFYRK2

Signature.
enough said. Thanks bro.
I’ve got 1,200 miles on my car and already had the pebble between the front caliper and rim which caused a small groove around the inner barrel of the rim! It’s not a “R” with carbon fiber rims but it still gets me pissed! I’ve looked several other GT350’s at different events and I’m not the only one with a groove! A couple of guys didn’t even notice it until I pointed it out!
Let me fix it for you brother.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qBHDLwf5bI6kFYRK2

Reporting for duty. Love you bro.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Yes, I do this all the do da day. On the street.... zero difference. (Forged wheel with cup2s vs CF with cup2s).

That is unless you are driving like you are about to be thrown in jail.

Come and try the two out. Be my guest.
Believe me , if i make my way down to Florida you are on my list to stop and gain some knowledge and experience. I also have found myself driving my new R like i have stole it and need a quick exit. The way the engine sounds and responds i cant help myself.
Needless to say I may have to buy a set of forged rims if i can find the right deal, but, i want as close to stock as possible.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Believe me , if i make my way down to Florida you are on my list to stop and gain some knowledge and experience. I also have found myself driving my new R like i have stole it and need a quick exit. The way the engine sounds and responds i cant help myself.
Needless to say I may have to buy a set of forged rims if i can find the right deal, but, i want as close to stock as possible.
There is your problem. Check the weight of the vibe OEM knockoff vs signature. I do believe (not 100% sure though) that the vibe knock off OEM is heavier. For some reason, signature wont do OEM replica.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
There is your problem. Check the weight of the vibe OEM knockoff vs signature. I do believe (not 100% sure though) that the vibe knock off OEM is heavier. For some reason, signature wont do OEM replica.
Yes I know signature isnt interesting on doing OEM replicas. Didnt yoi ask them to do OEM replicas for your pending GT500?

I couldn't find weights on the signature website, maybe I need to move on from replicas amd concede that a lighter forged option will be a different style.

Good thing is its winter here in PA so I have some time to decide.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Yes I know signature isnt interesting on doing OEM replicas. Didnt yoi ask them to do OEM replicas for your pending GT500?

I couldn't find weights on the signature website, maybe I need to move on from replicas amd concede that a lighter forged option will be a different style.

Good thing is its winter here in PA so I have some time to decide.
Yes, Do your homework

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Come on Tom, 'knockoff' is such an ugly word, LOL ;) I much prefer the word replica! It fits our community better, hahahaha!

I can't find my numbers, but yes, the Vibe R "replica" wheel is a tiny bit heavier than a Signature wheel, but it's not much at all. The Vibe is still a quality one piece forged wheel (and I have zero regrets) and it should be your only consideration if you want to stick with a R replica. I do agree with the crowd about Signature being the only way to go, but at the time of my purchase, the R wheel is what I wanted. But I'll say this, going from a stock non-R wheel to the Vibe was an extremely noticeable difference in driving performance, even on the street.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Come on Tom, 'knockoff' is such an ugly word, LOL ;) I much prefer the word replica! It fits our community better, hahahaha!

I can't find my numbers, but yes, the Vibe R "replica" wheel is a tiny bit heavier than a Signature wheel, but it's not much at all. The Vibe is still a quality one piece forged wheel (and I have zero regrets) and it should be your only consideration if you want to stick with a R replica. I do agree with the crowd about Signature being the only way to go, but at the time of my purchase, the R wheel is what I wanted. But I'll say this, going from a stock non-R wheel to the Vibe was an extremely noticeable difference in driving performance, even on the street.
I agree, it just comes down to preference. If they are within a pound or so, then it comes down to cosmetics.

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I personally went with signature. I kept the same color of wheels (gloss black), just went with a different design from stock (SV502 R spec). Going to keep CF wheels for possible track days and shows/meets. Bought the signatures for everyday wheels/extra set.

It is personal preference in what each person wants to do. But research and ask questions, because in the end, they are your wheels on your car.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
I personally went with signature. I kept the same color of wheels (gloss black), just went with a different design from stock (SV502 R spec). Going to keep CF wheels for possible track days and shows/meets. Bought the signatures for everyday wheels/extra set.

It is personal preference in what each person wants to do. But research and ask questions, because in the end, they are your wheels on your car.
How much do you drive annually? Can you feel the difference between the CF and the signatures?

Sponsored

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I just received the signature wheels and only have 900 miles on the R. I'll get back with you when I get them put on... (Waiting on TPMS) But this is one of the reasons I get a second set of wheels. Have a set of Hankook tires (305/325) to put on and be able to drive it a little more.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Right up to the point that you get a rock wedged between your wheel and the caliper. If you are the kind of guy who wants to drive CF wheels on the street and "full speed ahead, damn the torpedos" approach, well have at it.

If you are the kind of guy who keeps his car clean and wants to keep it all nice and original, well then you need to look into another set of wheels.

It's a question of when, not if.
Yeah, unfortunately for me the "when" was literally on my very first drive out of the garage after I bought the car, when I was headed to the detailer for paint correction and PPF and ceramic coating on wheels and calipers. So my calipers were scratched basically from Day 1. That said I still picked up a set of Signature wheels for street use, and I like them. I have used them on track in the rain as well, because my Super Sport street tires double as my wet track tires. I went with the SV501 because they look close to the factory non-R wheels (black radial spoke) and they are the lightest Signature wheels, only ~3 lbs heavier per-wheel than the stock CF wheels.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I think people would probably like to hear it from the guy who is not selling him the wheels.

Terrance is 100% standup and legit, but I'm offering an unbiased opinion.

Either way, my opinion is get a set of signature wheels.

As is mine. Personally I feel like Signature has found a sweet spot between the $2000 flow formed wheel options and the ultra pricey $7000 offerings that other manufacturers have. That's why I went this route. And if the FP350S has em, that's good enough for me.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Tom, i respect your opinion greatly, are you saying if i buy a set of forged rims ,24 pounds each i wont be able to tell the difference on the street?
Thats my concern, bc visually no one will be able to tell cf rims painted black and other replica rims that are black are the same. I just didn't want to lose any of the driving experience.
I could tell a difference on the street between base GT350 wheels and my Signatures, mainly on light clutch foot work and "emergency" braking. But between the Signatures and carbon wheels, no.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
you mean the usa made vibe wheels? The made in usa ones? Wheres the sigs made again? (eyeroll)
Sponsored