Sponsored

Has anyone traded their tail lights?

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have the 50 year appearance package and am going for the race red/black theme. Has anyone ever traded those tail lights for the stock ones?
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure some people have done it, everyone always wants the opposite of what they actually have :p

There's some lights for sale on the classifieds forums around the $250-$350 mark if you want to keep your stock ones for later.

If you don't care and are local in Florida, I've got my stock 15-17 lights but they have some stress fractures showing up. They're off the car so I'd be happy to just swap with you.

OP
OP
mada808

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm sure some people have done it, everyone always wants the opposite of what they actually have :p

There's some lights for sale on the classifieds forums around the $250-$350 mark if you want to keep your stock ones for later.

If you don't care and are local in Florida, I've got my stock 15-17 lights but they have some stress fractures showing up. They're off the car so I'd be happy to just swap with you.
Thanks buddy. I actually just spoke to American Muscle and they said their tail light tint kit would cover the spots that the chrome leaves when tinting. If that makes sense lol. I didn't realize you could just pull that stuff off.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Check Terminated's build thread, he has something about pulling the lights apart in there somewhere. Might give you some ideas/help.

WARDCLEAVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustand GT Premium, 2016 Nissan Truck
I did on my 2015 back in 2015 and so far so good. Easy to do.

Sponsored

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
Thanks buddy. I actually just spoke to American Muscle and they said their tail light tint kit would cover the spots that the chrome leaves when tinting. If that makes sense lol. I didn't realize you could just pull that stuff off.
Removing the Chrome Trim off of the Tail Lights probably wont be the easiest thing to do if you want to install tail light tint instead.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I like the 2015 special tail lights. Wish you were closer as I have my set of regular lights to swap.

CVCashmere

OP
OP
mada808

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Removing the Chrome Trim off of the Tail Lights probably wont be the easiest thing to do if you want to install tail light tint instead.
You think so? It doesn't seem connected very well. I guess I'll find out this weekend.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I was on the other end. Traded for a set of 50 years lights. Found someone on long island that was looking to get rid of them. Met up and it took no more then 10 minutes to swap them.
Sponsored