Opinions on dress up ideas

JJR512

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 50 Years LE #1523
I have a 50 Years Limited Edition. It's Wimbledon White (WW). I'm thinking of doing some engine dress up. My idea so far is to get painted coil covers from RPI in WW with red for the lettering and lines. Also an engine cover with the main parts (the silver parts) painted WW, with red in the inset lines, and leaving the center part black, or possibly painted red. My idea also includes getting the radiator cover painted WW, as well as the aftermarket radiator cover extension pieces.

I'm getting a bunch of BMR suspension pieces, all of which will be red. I'm thinking of including their strut tower brace, again in red.

I'm also thinking of getting a red-colored set of silicone hoses for the coolant and heater hoses.

So in this idea, most of the big stuff will be WW, with some smaller and detail stuff done in red.

However...after I had all this planned out...another idea occurred to me. And it's to skip most or all of the red. Get all the WW painting I just mentioned, do either black or red for the lettering and lines on the covers, skip the red hoses, and get the strut tower brace painted WW as well.

The outside is WW with black details...the inside is black with WW details...so I wonder if putting a lot of red in the engine bay is too much of a shock to the established theme.

So what do you think? Use more red to break up the monotony? Use less or no red because it would be too jarring?

(I am only talking about the engine bay, I hope that's clear. I would not be putting any red inside the car, and other than what could be seen of the red BMR suspension pieces, no red to the exterior.)

2015-Ford-Mustang-GT-Fastback-50-Year-Limited-Edition-Static-2-1440x900.jpg

2015-Ford-Mustang-GT-Fastback-50-Year-Limited-Edition-Interior-7-1440x900.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

JJR512

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Oh, also I meant to add that I'm aware that such a light color on engine pieces will require a lot of effort to keep clean. I'm prepared for that.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Just to give you some what of a perspective...... Here is my engine bay in white/black with some chrome bits for my fluid covers. I am very pleased with the outcome

BTW.... I love those seat covers. The Black/White is a classic look IMO
2B058219-FF7F-4565-835A-6602E4DB38D9.jpeg
5B3569B1-DDA4-47BB-9D54-1FED9DB762CA.jpeg
75B47C68-9CE8-4E85-8077-F982A6B2CE06.jpeg
05CE8461-8002-4FDF-A994-6D5F1683A63B.jpeg

OP
OP

JJR512

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Just to give you some what of a perspective...... Here is my engine bay in white/black with some chrome bits for my fluid covers. I am very pleased with the outcome

BTW.... I love those seat covers. The Black/White is a classic look IMO
Thank you...so you feel that introducing a third color, even just for highlights, would be too much?

(Also, those aren’t seat covers...those are how the seats come on the 50th LE. They call the color “cashmere” and there’s a lot of stitching in the same color as well.)

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Here is another perspective very similar to Fordever's version. We both have white verts but optioned differently. My valve covers are now blue.
P1060426 (2).JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP

JJR512

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Here is another perspective very similar to Fordever's version. We both have white verts but optioned differently. My valve covers are now blue.
So you went with a third color, clearly you felt that was fine. Do you have a photo of that? Do you feel you might consider adding even more blue?

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Thank you...so you feel that introducing a third color, even just for highlights, would be too much?

(Also, those aren’t seat covers...those are how the seats come on the 50th LE. They call the color “cashmere” and there’s a lot of stitching in the same color as well.)
No no... I just went with 2 colors just as a preference. I do have VERY subtle touches of red on my car. I just like the 2 color engine bay. I would think red would look fine as well. Good luck with whatever direction you go in. I am sure it will look great.

As for your seats, yes I knew they were the 50th version. I just called them covers.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
a touch of red would be fine, but not too much
I would also recommend swapping out all the interior bulbs for leds , plus trunk and glove box.
With the white body the clear white light from the leds will just be magic when you open the doors at night
Happy Hunting and Happy New Year

OP
OP

JJR512

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
a touch of red would be fine, but not too much
I would also recommend swapping out all the interior bulbs for leds , plus trunk and glove box.
With the white body the clear white light from the leds will just be magic when you open the doors at night
Happy Hunting and Happy New Year
If I can find warm LEDs for everything, I will, but I haven't so far. I can't stand cold LEDs. Besides, the warm color tone will more closely match the creamy color of the body.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
No no... I just went with 2 colors just as a preference. I do have VERY subtle touches of red on my car. I just like the 2 color engine bay. I would think red would look fine as well. Good luck with whatever direction you go in. I am sure it will look great.

As for your seats, yes I knew they were the 50th version. I just called them covers.
Where did you get the strut tower covers? Can't seem to find them anywhere!

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Where did you get the strut tower covers? Can't seem to find them anywhere!
Got them at American Muscle. Had them for close on a year now. I think they are now a discontinued product.

OP
OP

JJR512

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
I'd like to thank everyone for your advice and suggestions so far.

Last night, I remembered an idea I'd sort of put on the back burner, and that was to add Guardsman Blue rally stripes like the original GT350. Then it occurred to me, an epiphany: the under-hood highlights should be the same blue.

9551057-1965-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-std.jpg
Sponsored