Sponsored

Maintenance schedule on 2019 Mustang GT

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I know this might sound like a obviously stupid question but. When I went looking for the official schedule I had some issues finding it. so on several non ford sites you get all kinds of answers. one said first service at 15K.. Im like thats not right. then on a ford site I saw 10k for first. then I logged into owners site and it told me 20k was my next... all while the dealer is sending me a notice its at 5k. I looked in the manual and it only said do it regular LOL.

So I have a warranty life long on engine and powertrain but its only rule is I keep up with scheduled maintenance. Can anyone kindly point me to a official ford required maintenance intervals for the 2019 Mustang gt and what they entail. I guess I suck at googleing today or something
Sponsored

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
My Dealer sent me the 'You need Maintenance' 6 month e-mail, six months after purchase, so I scheduled and went in. New counter guy this time, "it only has 1600 miles?" Well, Yeah.

Now, I bet he changed the oil because it was 2 quarts low, and the sticker says to change the oil at 8,621

So the deal is First oil change (synthetic) around/every 7k miles, all the other stuff on the Ford Owner site is the deal they want, so the 20000 mile stuff is on your 3rd oil change (21000 miles) if I can add and you go to the dealer.

Now then, make sure they give you all 10 quarts of oil, they might short ya the last two.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
My Dealer sent me the 'You need Maintenance' 6 month e-mail, six months after purchase, so I scheduled and went in. New counter guy this time, "it only has 1600 miles?" Well, Yeah.

Now, I bet he changed the oil because it was 2 quarts low, and the sticker says to change the oil at 8,621

So the deal is First oil change (synthetic) around/every 7k miles, all the other stuff on the Ford Owner site is the deal they want, so the 20000 mile stuff is on your 3rd oil change (21000 miles) if I can add and you go to the dealer.

Now then, make sure they give you all 10 quarts of oil, they might short ya the last two.
Ive seen more then a few people say they didnt get full 10 quarts on oil. Did older engines that 10 quarts? Its like they dont know or something

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
If that "lifetime" engine warranty is important to you, then you need to obtain the requirements in the contract. Some say manufacture's recommendations while others may say dealerships recommendations. The dealerships is likely going to have fluid flushes and perhaps tighter intervals.

If that isn't important to you, refer to the owners manual. It's all covered in there.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
If that "lifetime" engine warranty is important to you, then you need to obtain the requirements in the contract. Some say manufacture's recommendations while others may say dealerships recommendations. The dealerships is likely going to have fluid flushes and perhaps tighter intervals.

If that isn't important to you, refer to the owner's manual. It's all covered in there.
as I stated I did look in the manual and I could not find it. If you would be so kind to point me to the page? But using the reference in the back under manainece and service it just says regularly.

AS for the dealer I know this is a sceptial bunch but the dealer I got the lifetime from has a one page warranty no small print no stipulations nothing. I can take it to any dealer I want for service as long as at ford's intervals and they cover it.

But back to my question can anyone point me to some sort of official ford service interval for service?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
OK never mind I found it , thanks anyway for the info guys.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Look in your 2019 Owners manual in your glove box. It's all in there.
Look under Scheduled Maintenance / Normal Schedule Maintenance
I do oil changes every 5000 miles or less YMMV

I copy and pasted from my 2016 but it should be similar.

Scheduled Maintenance
When to expect the message prompting you to change your oil

Interval
Vehicle use and example

Normal
7,000–10,000 mi (12,000–16,000 km)
Normal commuting with highway driving No, or moderate, load or towing
Flat to moderately hilly roads
No extended idling

Severe
5,000–7,000 mi (8,000–11,999 km)
Moderate to heavy load or towing Mountainous or off-road conditions Extended idling
Extended hot or cold operation

Extreme
3,000–5,000 mi (4,800–7,999 km
Normal Maintenance Intervals
Maximum load or towing Extreme hot or cold operation

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

At every oil change interval as indicated by the information display*
Change engine oil and filter.**
Rotate tires, inspect tire wear and measure tread depth.
Perform a multi-point inspection (recommended).
Inspect the automatic transmission fluid level (if equipped with dipstick). Consult your dealer for requirements.
Inspect the brake pads, rotors, hoses and parking brake.
Inspect the engine cooling system strength and hoses.
Inspect the exhaust system and heat shields.
Inspect rear axle and U-joints. Lubricate if equipped with grease fittings.
Inspect the half-shaft boots.
Inspect the steering linkage, ball joints, suspension, tie-rod ends, driveshaft and U-joints. Lubricate any areas with grease fittings.
Inspect the wheels and related components for abnormal noise, wear, looseness or drag.

* Do not exceed one year or 10,000 mi ** Reset the Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor after (16,000 km) between service intervals. engine oil and filter changes.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other maintenance items 1

Every 20,000 mi (32,000 km)
Replace cabin air filter.
Every 30,000 mi (48,000 km)
Replace engine air filter.

At 100,000 mi (160,000 km)
Change engine coolant. 2

Every 100,000 mi (160,000 km)
Replace spark plugs.
Inspect accessory drive belt(s). 3

Every 150,000 mi (240,000 km)
Change automatic transmission fluid and filter.
Change manual transmission fluid.
Replace accessory drive belt(s).

1 Perform these maintenance items within 3,000 mi (4,800 km) of the last engine oil and filter change. Do not exceed the designated distance for the interval.

2 Initial replacement at six years or 100,000 mi (160,000 km), then every three years or 50,000 mi (80,000 km).

3 After initial inspection, inspect every other oil change until replaced.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
as I stated I did look in the manual and I could not find it. If you would be so kind to point me to the page? But using the reference in the back under manainece and service it just says regularly.

AS for the dealer I know this is a sceptial bunch but the dealer I got the lifetime from has a one page warranty no small print no stipulations nothing. I can take it to any dealer I want for service as long as at ford's intervals and they cover it.

But back to my question can anyone point me to some sort of official ford service interval for service?
Nope. Not walking out to the garage for you. It is in there, just like every other car sold.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
lol I see you found it. :sunglasses:

You must have found it as I was typing my reply :like:
LOL yes. but it is still not clear to me. I remember when it was 5k this and then 10k that and then 15k that ... in groups. Now its all do what the dash tells you except if there is dust. Then do this but not if rock.. if rocks do that and then also at 15k do a filter unless there is water then do it at 7k but also do the recommended 15k but only at 12k if you tow.. jesus... i so much better liked the at 5k do this at 10k do this at 15k... schedule better.

So according to the manual the only maintenance until 100k miles is change 2 filters (cabin and engine) and the oil changes and inspect stuff. Something does not seem right about that. I remember having cars that needed belts changed, spark plugs, tensioners. all kinds of stuff at 50 and 75k miles. Is the Mustang really that maintenance free? That it needs next to nothing till 100k miles?

Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
LOL yes. but it is still not clear to me. I remember when it was 5k this and then 10k that and then 15k that ... in groups. Now its all do what the dash tells you except if there is dust. Then do this but not if rock.. if rocks do that and then also at 15k do a filter unless there is water then do it at 7k but also do the recommended 15k but only at 12k if you tow.. jesus... i so much better liked the at 5k do this at 10k do this at 15k... schedule better.
Yeah I don't go by what the dash says. I just do Oil changes every 5k or less. I use full synthetic.
I did my air filter and cabin filter at 15k Probably overkill but okay and whatever :rockon:

So according to the manual the only maintenance until 100k miles is change 2 filters (cabin and engine) and the oil changes and inspect stuff. Something does not seem right about that. I remember having cars that needed belts changed, spark plugs, tensioners. all kinds of stuff at 50 and 75k miles. Is the Mustang really that maintenance free? That it needs next to nothing till 100k miles?

Yup ... just change the oil do the other stuff.
When it hits 100k miles it will be the guy in the trailer parks problem ... LOL

( Not that there's anything wrong with trailer parks ... just sayin :computerrage: )

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Ive seen more then a few people say they didnt get full 10 quarts on oil. Did older engines that 10 quarts? Its like they dont know or something
Bingo, 15s-17s take 8 Qts.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I guess that brings up a question. Does anyone know, off hand, what parts have grease fittings as opposed to being sealed?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Moved to this sub forum so this info is easier to find for future reference :thumbsup:

Joey10A

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt Premium Performace Package 10A
Vehicle Showcase
I know this might sound like a obviously stupid question but. When I went looking for the official schedule I had some issues finding it. so on several non ford sites you get all kinds of answers. one said first service at 15K.. Im like thats not right. then on a ford site I saw 10k for first. then I logged into owners site and it told me 20k was my next... all while the dealer is sending me a notice its at 5k. I looked in the manual and it only said do it regular LOL.

So I have a warranty life long on engine and powertrain but its only rule is I keep up with scheduled maintenance. Can anyone kindly point me to a official ford required maintenance intervals for the 2019 Mustang gt and what they entail. I guess I suck at googleing today or something
This may not be any help but this is how I serviced my car since new. Using 5w20 Motorcraft synthetic blend and a Motorcraft filter. First oil changed at 1000 miles/ second 4000 miles/ Third 8000 miles/ forth at 12.000. It may very a few hundred miles both ways but you get the idea.. I will be doing it every 4000 miles from now on..
Sponsored