Sponsored

2016 GT Premium Convertible Manual WHAT IS PP1?

ClayAce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I just purchased a 2016 Mustang GT Convertible Premium with a manual trans. I'm new to the forum and see PP1 being talked about. Any difference in the Premium Package and the acronym PP1?
Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I just purchased a 2016 Mustang GT Convertible Premium with a manual trans. I'm new to the forum and see PP1 being talked about. Any difference in the Premium Package and the acronym PP1?
Welcome!

PP! refers to Performance Pack 1. it was an approx $3,000 package that included a plethora of special features including: firewall, strut, radiator, and lower chassis bracing, larger radiator, special springs and shocks, specific sway bars, 19" staggered tires, additional gages w/trim, torsen 3.73 rear, etc.

Help me out with some more features.

I am moving towards incorporating some of the features on my vert.

Thanks

CVCashmere

OP
OP

ClayAce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Welcome!

PP! refers to Performance Pack 1. it was an approx $3,000 package that included a plethora of special features including: firewall, strut, radiator, and lower chassis bracing, larger radiator, special springs and shocks, specific sway bars, 19" staggered tires, additional gages w/trim, torsen 3.73 rear, etc.

Help me out with some more features.

I am moving towards incorporating some of the features on my vert.

Thanks

CVCashmere
It has the 19" staggered tires, Red Brembo Front Brakes, larger radiator, additional gauges w/trim, strut tower brace..not sure about the special springs/shocks or torsen rear end..I'm going to contact a Ford dealer and give them my VIN. I bought the car from a Chevy dealership - great price as it only has 4,300 miles on it. I changed the Perelli tires and had Michelin Sports put on it. Might have to drive it in the cold not the snow or salt though.

BREVUELTA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BARNEY
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT 5.0 CONVERTIBLE
What color is it?? im looking to buy a vert , manual with PP and are extremely hard to find...... thanks

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
BREVUELTA

There were not many PP1 verts made in 2016. There was more popularity to order the PP1 in 2017.

They came in all colors. Note: There were 100 Kona Blue ones made in 2016.

The suspension changed in 2018.

Since you have a GT, you should already have most of the chassis reinforcements that came with the PP1. You can retrofit the suspension, or order an aftermarket kit from some of our fine vendor supporters.

Read separate topics to see all the options, including the torsen rear,etc.

CVCashmere

Sponsored

BREVUELTA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BARNEY
Vehicle(s)
thanks for the info CVCashmere.... im currently looking to buy an S550 vert . I figure since i have time i will look for one with pp1 so i dont have to worry about the extras and con focus on some power add ons.....

BREVUELTA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BARNEY
Vehicle(s)
WOW thats sharp..... enjoy !!!! how much did you pay?? mileage??

Danacblack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1
Haha know how many 2018 PP1 Kona verts there were? I want to be the type of guy to whip out that fact at Cars and Coffee

BREVUELTA

There were not many PP1 verts made in 2016. There was more popularity to order the PP1 in 2017.

They came in all colors. Note: There were 100 Kona Blue ones made in 2016.

The suspension changed in 2018.

Since you have a GT, you should already have most of the chassis reinforcements that came with the PP1. You can retrofit the suspension, or order an aftermarket kit from some of our fine vendor supporters.

Read separate topics to see all the options, including the torsen rear,etc.

CVCashmere

OP
OP

ClayAce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
WOW thats sharp..... enjoy !!!! how much did you pay?? mileage??
4,400 miles...$29k..Found it at a Chevy Dealership this past November.

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Your car has the PP1 wheels, does it have the dual gauges in the center of the dash like this?

20170616_154416.jpg

If your car is a true PP1 vert, your got lucky. There are probably fewer 16 PP1 verts than there was in 17. In 17 they only built 606, and 2016 was the first year for a PP1 vert so not many ordered or bought 1. You might want to get a copy of the original window sticker and a marti report to see how many were made

OP
OP

ClayAce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Your car has the PP1 wheels, does it have the dual gauges in the center of the dash like this?

20170616_154416.jpg

If your car is a true PP1 vert, your got lucky. There are probably fewer 16 PP1 verts than there was in 17. In 17 they only built 606, and 2016 was the first year for a PP1 vert so not many ordered or bought 1. You might want to get a copy of the original window sticker and a marti report to see how many were made
Yep its a true PP1..I do have a mart report. Dual gauges too
IMG_20191230_212149.jpg
Sponsored