Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
This is all speculation. I think Ford will create the Mach 1 with more than stripes and a Shaker hood. I guess we'll all see what direction they take the Mach 1, but I don't think it will be a rebranded Bullet.
No way thatz EXACTLY what this car will be. An "Automatic" Bullit. Since you cannot get a Bullit with an auto.

Sure itll be a Mach 1 with some neat little odds and ends and trinkets a few badges and call it a Mach 1.

If it has more hp than the Bullit Id be happily surprised. I doubt it though.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Here are the only spyshots we have of the mild face lift. I really hope we see more soon, as this indicated nothing but a bumper change.
21MY facelift 1.jpg
21MY Facelift 3.jpg

That last pic. There ya go everyone imagine an A10 Bullitt. Its a stripe kit away from being a Mach 1. I sure hope its not watered down that bad but it might be.

Wait but wait just a minute! Screw the 4.8 thats going the wrong direction downsizing......What if the Mach 1 is an A10 with the new 7.3 in it!

Aww sh1t sorry to even bring that up. LOL.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I can seconded this, this statement.
Sorry my dudes, sadly I can confirm there will not be a shaker hood on the 2021 Mach 1.
To be honest, as cool as a shaker is, I think that's be a retro step too far (just my opinion). Is there anything you guys can share about the new Mach 1 (without getting into any hot water)?

:like:

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Seconded - bullitt with an A10 and stripes, possibly in a selection of different colours with a Mach 1 sticker. Why would they spend more sticking the tremec gt350 box in it? No financial reason for ford to do this. Unless the Mach 1 is the gt350 replacement for the world market as a last hurrah for NA v8’s. In which case I would see basically a gt350 with coyote motor in an s550.2 body... but obviously with wider front wings to accommodate the wider front track. Exactly like the white test mule shown earlier in this thread. Note the roush has fender vents but the front track doesn’t appear wider than stock. The white car is definitely wider at the front

Sponsored

NorthernBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Only way I see this happening is if they kill the Shelby GT350, or give the 350 a much revised engine and power bump. To much overlapping for a Mach1 and current 350.

Based on the description its just going to be a BULLITT + PP2 suspension (or the Ford Performance Magneride handling kit), and the better tranny. Most of that you can just make now. Hell, tranny aside it's what I already drive.

I'm a huge Mach1 fan, but if that's all it is I'm going to be disappointed.
With the current performance and prices being achieved through the Shelby models, Ford won't slot the other models above the Shelby's. That doesn't mean the Mach 1 won't be an amazing car though. It just likely won't get a unique motor like the Voodoo or Predator, and also likely won't come with the added cooling systems. If it does come with the PP2 handling package and slight power bump, it will be an amazing car. I really hope that Ford offers the Mach 1 with the 10R80

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'll admit, if its just a Bullitt with Mach 1 goodies I'll be slightly disappointed..............which is a crazy thing to say because the Bullitt is an absolutely superb S550!

I guess with the SN95 version setting a bit of a precedent of being MUCH better than the GT of the time (using, effectively a n/a Cobra engine and massively uprated brakes etc) anything less than a cpc 5.2 will be a let down. I guess that's the price we pay for the GT being such a superb base!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I think the Bullitt has run it's course, and it's time for the Mach 1 to take a crack at separating people from their money. The 5-star 'bling' (split-spoke) silver wheels in 19 or 20" and sensible widths (not the PP2 stuff) some nice colors, stickers and badging, Magneride standard, premium interior with electronic dash, Recaros if you want them and choice of A10 or Tremec (I can't imagine there is any engineering needed to support it).

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I think the Bullitt has run it's course, and it's time for the Mach 1 to take a crack at separating people from their money. The 5-star 'bling' (split-spoke) silver wheels in 19 or 20" and sensible widths (not the PP2 stuff) some nice colors, stickers and badging, Magneride standard, premium interior with electronic dash, Recaros if you want them and choice of A10 or Tremec (I can't imagine there is any engineering needed to support it).
Yep, that would still make for a mighty fine Mustang :like:

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be really tempted if its similar to the Bullit specs with an A10 and AWD since I could make it a very doable year 'round DD here.

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
The only way I would get excited about a Mach 1 would be if it had an aluminum block 7.3 liter V8. It would not have to rev like a GT350 or GT500 , but could appease the pushrod fans.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry my dudes, sadly I can confirm there will not be a shaker hood on the 2021 Mach 1.
Then it will be the poorer because of that. I had a shaker on a 2005 Roush and it was cool looking.

sam97mt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
increase engine size, primarily through increased stroke. Not a bad idea, I'd like to see a new 7.03L or 5.75L (429 and 351, respectively)
Won't be as nice as a smaller engine. A big engine isn't as engaging. Bigger engine that rev fast require exotic parts and assembly to get them going and then there are trade offs like reliability.

Last edited:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Agree^
Specially the A10 or Tremec.
Sponsored