Check Your Taillight Gaps

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Haven't had Dec. weather like this since 2012. I can actually work on the car.
i took the gt350 out on wednesday..... you’ll be seeing a lot of the gt350 or the grabber blue one at westmont car show (amongst a ton more)
Sponsored

OP
OP

19GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Hey Guys,

Before I fixed mine, I found Steps 1 - 3 and ~3:47-4:06 of the Video in THIS American Muscle installation guide very helpful.

Hope this helps!
Don

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Thank you Don.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
Don,
I share the sentiment about having anyone try and repair the car. Today I was able to fix my gaps with some nylon washers that I picked up at the hardware store. I removed the lamp assemblies and shimmed the bottom thread and was able to almost match the bottom edge of the center panel. It looks a lot nicer and no longer touches. Interestingly the driver’s side took two washers and the passenger side only took one. I’m happy with it and I appreciate everyone’s guidance.
Stu
Just to be clear Stu, you used the washers on the bottom bolt of the tail light assembly?

Sletcher

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stu
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350, 19 Expedition, 17 VW Alltrack
Just to be clear Stu, you used the washers on the bottom bolt of the tail light assembly?
Correct, inboard lower bolt. Should work great. I did have to remove all three to slide the washers on though.

Sponsored

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Only 2018+ regular mustangs have the foam with the new tails. I switched mine out and looks much better.
My car looks great except from a couple of little dings caused by driving with other GT350 cars. I have a small dent from something that fell on the car while it was parked outside.

I am lucky in having a race car built for the street.

It is the best fast street car that I have ever owned.
Voodoo3a.JPG

God Bless America.

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
I also used nylon washers behind the light on the mounting bolts to adjust my LH light to move it off the bumper. In addition to eliminating the contact, it slightly moves the lower edge of the light out which helps hide any marks in the paint that have already occurred. Couldn't perceive any difference in alignment with the rear deck panel as a result - might have actually improved it.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
Did this fix today. Took one plastic washer to get the tail light off the bumper. Touched up the minor paint chip on the bumper with some touch up paint. I should have used one of those ez dabbers but I didn’t have any left. It was a pain to do with the brush that cones with the touch up kit.

can’t see the touch up unless you’re looking for it. my rear bumper also bad that rivet on the corner, keeping it from sagging.

Sad that Ford can’t go through the trouble of using one or two plastic washers to ensure the taillight is mounted properly.

Sponsored

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
..Sad that Ford can’t go through the trouble of using one or two plastic washers to ensure the taillight is mounted properly.
It's much more sad that people that own a GT350 bitch about a stupid washer.

No problems here as the faster car:

Haas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
Glad I came across this thread. Picked up a new 2019 that had only been sitting on their showroom floor. My drivers side tail light was slightly touching the bumper and after about 200 miles has created a slight scratch in the clear.

I just shimmed it with a rubber washer as mentioned here and it looks good now. I was going to get the car pain corrected and ceramic coated so maybe they can take care of the scratch then.

I checked under the taillight and there were no foam pads there so they must have been taken off in dealer prep.

mtd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350
While I enjoy driving the 350 better its things like this that make me miss the m4. The assembly/quality was just far superior and on the 350 its such little things that I don't understand how Ford was able to miss them.
Sponsored