Sponsored

Does active exhaust disable the sound symposer on the Ecoboost?

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Magnetic/Ebony
Being that the Ecoboost equipped with the active exhaust can now make some genuine pleasing actual exhaust sounds, will the sound symposer be disabled?

I sure hope I'm not stuck having to listen to the active exhaust through artificial engine noise being dumped into the cabin.
Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Being that the Ecoboost equipped with the active exhaust can now make some genuine pleasing actual exhaust sounds, will the sound symposer be disabled?

I sure hope I'm not stuck having to listen to the active exhaust through artificial engine noise being dumped into the cabin.

Actually I’m curious myself. Logically it would stand to reason they would disable it. If not, I guess you will be digging around the headliner to disable it the old fashioned way...

Deleted member 33561

If you are talking about that silly sound tube, I just ripped mine out and blocked off the holes. I love the sound of the GT engine when it's coming out the exhaust pipes.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I think the EB has some sort of sound synthesizing going on - an electronic simulation of engine sound - that adds to however much of the engine's actual sound makes it into the interior. It's more about the character of the sound than its volume.

Norm

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Im not sure about the mustangs but my '16 f150 with 3.5 eco boost used the stereo to simulate engine noise. With the windows up it sounded like I had a very healthy v8 in the truck. very convincing.
windows down.... the v6 could be heard from the exhaust.
My new truck; '18 f150 has the 5.0... I can't say for sure whether they're using the stereo for sound on this one, but windows down you can hear the coyote just fine, and it sounds great

Sponsored

Bidaci

Threads
Reaction score
Website
cionispeed.car.blog
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB PP

We're you ever able to find out the answer to this? I've been trying to figure it out myself and there is little info on the active exhaust and the symposer

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
I don’t know the answer about the active exhaust, but verifying it in the As Built or turning it off in forscan is easy.

Bidaci

Threads
Reaction score
Website
cionispeed.car.blog
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB PP
I don’t know the answer about the active exhaust, but verifying it in the As Built or turning it off in forscan is easy.
Thanks. I haven't delved into forscan yet but it's probably the best way. I looked for the Mic in the back headliner with no luck so I was hoping for a quick "no" answer for the easy button.
Sponsored