Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Agreed that the 2020 R with the HEP option has no changes to the performance side of things but with the brand new steering geometry inherited from the GT500 the 2020 R will be the best handling R model since it's inception during the summer of 2015.

When driving my 2018 R model and depending on the road that I am driving on I have experienced a great deal of tramlining and understand that this will go away on the 2020 R model therefore I am looking forward to feeling the difference in steering and handling between my 2018 and a 2020 model.

Now with Ford offering the HEP option on the GT350 and the R model what a cool bonus for any of us that love this car.

With respect to the 2 seat GT500 being heavy and destroying tires and brakes at an alarming rate, I have not heard that statement made before and would like to know what weight you have the CFTP car coming in at and is it common knowledge about this optioned car really tearing up tires and brakes at an alarming rate?

Regarding the price of a CFTP car I priced and ordered my car at ~$93,000 therefore the 2 seat CFTP car can be bought for less than $100,000 not taking into question a possible ADM as you mentioned.
What Tom said, essentially. FWIW my ZLE is no lightweight princess at 38XX so I'm guessing I will be going through plenty of consumables myself. It isn't just the weight, but how capable cars like GT500/ZLE are. The extra speed/hauling it down for a slow corner and heft through the corners plus the extra acceleration out etc.

The price, especially for the CFTP versions will be like how Rs were. MSRP deals will be very far and few between and not the norm.

That will be nice if they can dial out the tramlining. I'm surprised my ZLE doesn't with 305/325 width tires.

Also as Tom has said often, tracking a car is not a poor mans sport and if you going to do it with a CFTP GT500 (few will) it really will be more expensive than normal.
Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Left one is WW?
Quote of the day. They are two different colors of white, and side by side they look different. And if you don't know which one is which, you need somebody to tell you. Regular OTT stripes are a $495 option. I was just asking if you get anything else for your money other than a specific color combination. I think I got the answer.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
What Tom said, essentially. FWIW my ZLE is no lightweight princess at 38XX so I'm guessing I will be going through plenty of consumables myself. It isn't just the weight, but how capable cars like GT500/ZLE are. The extra speed/hauling it down for a slow corner and heft through the corners plus the extra acceleration out etc.

The price, especially for the CFTP versions will be like how Rs were. MSRP deals will be very far and few between and not the norm.

That will be nice if they can dial out the tramlining. I'm surprised my ZLE doesn't with 305/325 width tires.

Also as Tom has said often, tracking a car is not a poor mans sport and if you going to do it with a CFTP GT500 (few will) it really will be more expensive than normal.
Yes, not a poor man's sport, however the price difference for me will only be in the price difference in the brake pads. Whether it's the 350 or the 500, I will start out with a fresh set of tires and new set of brake pads with a brake change sometime during the event. I dont anticipate that changing with the 500.

So I wouldn't even consider the cost of consumables to be any different because I will be using the same amount of materials as a 350 (two sets of pads and one set of tires).

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Agreed with all of the above especially with the issue of tracking a car not being a poor mans sport anymore.

Back in 1983 I went out and bought a brand new Mustang GT 5.0 with the intent of tracking and once I took delivery of it I replaced the complete stock suspension system with the best Rancho Suspension Kit that they offered at the time which included large front and rear anti sway bars, polyurethane bushings, shorter and stiffer springs, spacers for increased negative camber, adjustable shocks, shock tower brace and of course sticky and short side wall tires.

After all was said and done I only had an additional ~$3000 into this car and it handled as well as any European sports car at the time and did all that for a very reasonable cost.

Nowadays $3000 is nothing but the way many HP automobiles are coming equipped in todays world most are track ready right out of the box but at a princely sum to say the least.

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Yes, not a poor man's sport, however the price difference for me will only be in the price difference in the brake pads. Whether it's the 350 or the 500, I will start out with a fresh set of tires and new set of brake pads with a brake change sometime during the event. I dont anticipate that changing with the 500.

So I wouldn't even consider the cost of consumables to be any different because I will be using the same amount of materials as a 350 (two sets of pads and one set of tires).
Are you getting CFTP (possible dumb question I know)? It’ll be interesting to hear your thoughts between that and the R. I’d really have a hard time going back to a DCT no matter how good the car is. I’m curious about if it will be as much fun to you because of that and the extra weight compared to the R.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yes, CFTP. I plan to lighten it significantly. CF hood, lithium battery, CC brakes, etc.

I'm going to just repeat what Billy Johnson told me.... the CFTP will be exponentially better than the R. And this is coming from a guy who made my car do things that I didn't think was possible.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Yes, CFTP. I plan to lighten it significantly. CF hood, lithium battery, CC brakes, etc.

I'm going to just repeat what Billy Johnson told me.... the CFTP will be exponentially better than the R. And this is coming from a guy who made my car do things that I didn't think was possible.
Oh no doubt it’ll be vastly better than an R (and just about anything else out there). I’m more curious what you’ll think of driving it compared to the R. As in if it’ll lose some of the fun/great driver involvement the GT350s have etc.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Oh no doubt it’ll be vastly better than an R (and just about anything else out there). I’m more curious what you’ll think of driving it compared to the R. As in if it’ll lose some of the fun/great driver involvement the GT350s have etc.
Involvement? Like in a slower car and manual shifts? No. I wont miss it and I dont think I'll be bored either.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Involvement? Like in a slower car and manual shifts? No. I wont miss it and I dont think I'll be bored either.
Honestly not trying to troll here, but I find your answer really interesting. Obviously the Rs are no slouches on the track, but there are/were a lot of quicker DCT/Auto choices in the same sort of price zone than an R the last few years (especially if you aren’t afraid to mod a bit, which it looks like you aren’t). The R and GT350s claim to fame was just how good of pure drivers cars they are.

Either way, I’m sure you will not be disappointed with a CFTP GT500R or whatever they are calling it. :wink:

I’ve always gotten bored with my DCT/Auto cars even if they were faster so I guess I do prefer a slower car with a manual. As long as it isn’t too slow. :)

Enjoy, the reviews of it look extremely promising. I really hope Ford learned some lessons from the GT350 program and instituted some QC changes etc. Like I said, I look forward to reading about what you think of it on and off the track. Congrats.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I was speaking with one of my car buddies from Toronto last night who also has an R model with his brother in Hamilton purchasing 1 of the 2 Base R models that were produced for Canada for the 2018 model year.

During our conversation I mentioned this 2016 Base R model that was going up for auction at Kissimmee next week after which time he said that this cool car belonged to a friend of his and then hooked us both up together and we intend to meet on the auction stage area prior to his car hitting the auction block.

The car hobby is a small world indeed and looking forward to next week.

Frado

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350 Heritage Edition
Looks great
AFCFD380-6813-4AA5-A486-E77686FB0001.png
Damn that looks real good! Still waiting on my dealer to get back to me on if I can get my hands on one err--- I mean ass it the drivers seat of one. Still crossed fingers. Anyone had any luck getting one? Other than the gentlemen that ordered one early December?

Shockm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Damn that looks real good! Still waiting on my dealer to get back to me on if I can get my hands on one err--- I mean ass it the drivers seat of one. Still crossed fingers. Anyone had any luck getting one? Other than the gentlemen that ordered one early December?
I ordered mine December 2. They are telling me delivery in mid march

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I ordered mine December 2. They are telling me delivery in mid march
It is my understanding that the order banks are not even open at this point for the 2020 GT350R with the HEP option and in addition this R model option may be distributed on an allocation basis only.

With respect to a mid March delivery for your car, based on production history for the R over the last 5 model years the FRAP does not typically resume production for this model until early to mid March therefore I question where your dealership is getting their delivery information for your car?
Sponsored