Sponsored

Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
With Ford/FRAP already offering and assembling 11 different 2020 Mustang models not including any right hand drive Pony Cars for Britain, Australia, Europe and the rest of the world along with that same assembly plant being responsible for the total production of the Lincoln Continental I will suggest that there is not a hope for the FRAP assembling anywhere close to ~2000 of the GT350/R HEP optioned cars especially with the scheduled production for these cars not launching until sometime during the Spring of 2020.

Not sure where the limited production numbers for the GT350/R HEP Shelby's will eventually end up but suggest it will be a lot less than ~2000 GT350/R's in total.
Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
With Ford/FRAP already offering and assembling 11 different 2020 Mustang models not including any right hand drive Pony Cars for Britain, Australia, Europe and the rest of the world along with that same assembly plant being responsible for the total production of the Lincoln Continental I will suggest that there is not a hope for the FRAP assembling anywhere close to ~2000 of the GT350/R HEP optioned cars especially with the scheduled production for these cars not launching until sometime during the Spring of 2020.

Not sure where the limited production numbers for the GT350/R HEP Shelby's will eventually end up but suggest it will be a lot less than ~2000 GT350/R's in total.
Welcome back. You've been missed!

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
OK, I guess I'll be the heretic here, but white with blue stripes has been a pretty standard configuration since the 2015 GT350. Most of us would need a color wheel or cars parked side by side to tell the difference between WW and OW. Is there anything different between this and standard that's not cosmetic?
No, nothing.

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
OK, I guess I'll be the heretic here, but white with blue stripes has been a pretty standard configuration since the 2015 GT350. Most of us would need a color wheel or cars parked side by side to tell the difference between WW and OW. Is there anything different between this and standard that's not cosmetic?
That’s exactly why I ordered the orange.... don’t get me wrong they look amazing in white they always have... that being said I’m sure the H.E. White is going to also look very nice.... but at the end of the day white is white and we’ll twister orange is extremely different and I personally like that- never had an orange car before I believe this is it.... if there are any termi owners out there rem. The comp. orange? That thing in my opinion was the most popular/sought after color in the line up of colors( NOT saying the twister is going to be anything like that being sought after) I just simply lit up when I saw it in person.... I still want to see the W. White in person though with those beautiful blue stripes, sales rep said I can change it up if I like ! So when one of you lucky ducks get one POST it up!!!! Loud and proud I’m sure you will anyway

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Anyone that cannot tell the difference between a new 6th generation 2015 GT350/R and the subsequent Oxford White paint color and the original 1st generation 1965 GT350/R Wimbledon White paint color obviously needs their eyes checked.

Even at my old age it is easy to observe the distinct difference between the original White Wimbledon color and the Oxford White color difference between the 1st generation and the generation 6th generation Mustangs as it is obvious.

With respect to overall performance numbers the new 2020 GT500/CFTP car is a clear winner over a 2020 GT350/R but for many of us the driving and engaging experience of the R model no matter what MY it is there is an intagilble that we enjoy and embrace more than any other Mustang.

Being an old school guy the 2020 GT350/R is more than adequate when it comes to overall street performance but if I was going to track a car on a regular basis there is no question that I would go with the 2020 GT500 and especially a 2 seat CFTP GT500 as it is an outstanding motor vehicle.

Bottom line is at my age the manual transmission and NA engine of a 2020 GT350/R plus the improved suspension and the much improved steering box for the new R model is my personal choice of Mustangs at this time in my life.

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Anyone that cannot tell the difference between a new 6th generation 2015 GT350/R and the subsequent Oxford White paint color and the original 1st generation 1965 GT350/R Wimbledon White paint color obviously needs their eyes checked.

Even at my old age it is easy to observe the distinct difference between the original White Wimbledon color and the Oxford White color difference between the 1st generation and the generation 6th generation Mustangs as it is obvious.

With respect to overall performance numbers the new 2020 GT500/CFTP car is a clear winner over a 2020 GT350/R but for many of us the driving and engaging experience of the R model no matter what MY it is there is an intagilble that we enjoy and embrace more than any other Mustang.

Being an old school guy the 2020 GT350/R is more than adequate when it comes to overall street performance but if I was going to track a car on a regular basis there is no question that I would go with the 2020 GT500 and especially a 2 seat CFTP GT500 as it is an outstanding motor vehicle.

Bottom line is at my age the manual transmission and NA engine of a 2020 GT350/R plus the improved suspension and the much improved steering box for the new R model is my personal choice of Mustangs at this time in my life.
I never said I couldn’t distinguish the difference between the two whites so I hope those eye comments are not geared towards me- but did you ever take a step back and think that hey maybe there are people out there that never saw that color in person before? I believe pictures are one thing but seeing them in person is a totally different experience. A lot of these colors posted on the web and even YouTube videos obviously can’t portray what the human eye can or how color or metallic flake or what ever elements in the color reflect the natural light . For me personally, especially when buying a specialty car I want to make sure it’s the color I won’t regret- so that’s why I said I would want to see the color in person before I dismiss the idea of potentially grabbing one if it’s even possible by then

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I never said I couldn’t distinguish the difference between the two whites so I hope those eye comments are not geared towards me- but did you ever take a step back and think that hey maybe there are people out there that never saw that color in person before? I believe pictures are one thing but seeing them in person is a totally different experience. A lot of these colors posted on the web and even YouTube videos obviously can’t portray what the human eye can or how color or metallic flake or what ever elements in the color reflect the natural light . For me personally, especially when buying a specialty car I want to make sure it’s the color I won’t regret- so that’s why I said I would want to see the color in person before I dismiss the idea of potentially grabbing one if it’s even possible by then
Understand and appreciate your comments but I can tell you first hand that after having viewed many 1st generation Mustangs and having owned a Wimbledon White Mustang back in the day (1965 2+2 K code) and now having owned Oxford White Mustangs from the last generation GT500's, Boss 302's and GT350/R's and there is a big difference in color between these two colors and can tell you without question that "White is Not White" as you suggested earlier.

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Excuse me! White is NOT white! As I was sir....checkMate and all that good stuff . In all seriousness I haven’t had the privilege of seeing that color in person no matter what the trim is.... Tom this is all your fault bud

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5

Right, but a poster was asking if there was anything different between a HE edition and non HE edition besides cosmetics.

There isn’t, one is white and one is off white with blue stripes here and there, which apparently according to this thread people are willing to pay more for or change from a GT500 to a GT350 HE for some.

As for regularly tracking a CTFP GT 500 for track rats, that is going to be out of reach for the vast majority of them due to up front costs (100k plus with ADM) and consumables. A car that heavy is going to destroy tires and brakes at an alarming rate.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
Not Shelby’s but the two colors sided by side.
I think that color will look great on the 350. Ford mentioned HE badging on the interior as well .

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Left one is WW?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Right, but a poster was asking if there was anything different between a HE edition and non HE edition besides cosmetics.

There isn’t, one is white and one is off white with blue stripes here and there, which apparently according to this thread people are willing to pay more for or change from a GT500 to a GT350 HE for some.

As for regularly tracking a CTFP GT 500 for track rats, that is going to be out of reach for the vast majority of them due to up front costs (100k plus with ADM) and consumables. A car that heavy is going to destroy tires and brakes at an alarming rate.
Agreed that the 2020 R with the HEP option has no changes to the performance side of things but with the brand new steering geometry inherited from the GT500 the 2020 R will be the best handling R model since it's inception during the summer of 2015.

When driving my 2018 R model and depending on the road that I am driving on I have experienced a great deal of tramlining and understand that this will go away on the 2020 R model therefore I am looking forward to feeling the difference in steering and handling between my 2018 and a 2020 model.

Now with Ford offering the HEP option on the GT350 and the R model what a cool bonus for any of us that love this car.

With respect to the 2 seat GT500 being heavy and destroying tires and brakes at an alarming rate, I have not heard that statement made before and would like to know what weight you have the CFTP car coming in at and is it common knowledge about this optioned car really tearing up tires and brakes at an alarming rate?

Regarding the price of a CFTP car I priced and ordered my car at ~$93,000 therefore the 2 seat CFTP car can be bought for less than $100,000 not taking into question a possible ADM as you mentioned.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Pertaining to the 500, yes, Its physics. Yes, tire and brakes will wear at an increased rate. You are stopping and maneuvering a heavier car. An alarming rate? I dont know about that. Usually a 3 day track weekend is going to require a brake job anyway. Brake pads for these vehicles are pretty cheap, so I really dont care about that. I usually get a new set of tires before any weekend track event, and they usually have lots of life left over, but not enough that I would use them for another weekend. So for me, there should be no increase in costs for consumables.

To wrap it all up, tracking a car, and doing it right, is not an inexpensive hobby. Ford has done a good job in examining the consumable aspect of this car and choosing materials that keep the costs down. Ford could have easily made carbon ceramic brakes standard equipment for this car. It would have significantly brought the weight down but would have significantly increased the price of the car. Look at the demographics of mustang buyers..... a 100K+ pricetag was not very well received when it was first introduced. However if you factor in the price vs performance, it really is a bargain.

I plan to do many lightening methods that will significantly reduce the weight of my 500. Carbon ceramic brakes, lithium battery, race seat, pull out all the fluff (stereo subwoofer, tire inflator, etc) will bring the car down to a respectable track weight. I estimate sub 3900#
Sponsored