Sponsored

Black out 50 Year LE?

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So I have a Race Red GT and looking to go for the black and red theme. What's the best way to do the tail lights? I have an idea for almost everything else and have already done quite a bit. Thoughts? I don't want to mess up anything to where I couldn't bring it back to stock if needed. TIA
Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
If your car is race red, it’s not an LE. They only came in Wimbledon white and Kona blue.

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
mada808, I would suggest ordering a quality taillight tint kit from one of our many vendors on this site, remove your taillights from your car and sit down at the kitchen table with a good hobby x-acto knife and slowly trim the tint kit to fit around the chrome on your taillights (not sure if the chrome trim is removable or not to make this easier) .
you'll get a nice custom look but can always remove the tint easily in the future if you so desire.

OP
OP
mada808

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
mada808, I would suggest ordering a quality taillight tint kit from one of our many vendors on this site, remove your taillights from your car and sit down at the kitchen table with a good hobby x-acto knife and slowly trim the tint kit to fit around the chrome on your taillights (not sure if the chrome trim is removable or not to make this easier) .
you'll get a nice custom look but can always remove the tint easily in the future if you so desire.
Thanks, Do you know of a kit that covers the chrome trim? It doesn't come off.

He probably has a 50th Appearance package (chrome on the taillights, 50th rear panel emblem, different wheels, floor mats. etc) https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/50th-anniversary-package-vs-50th-anniversary-edition.8537/
Yeah, you're right. Didn't know about the appearance package. Make me want to black it out even more now lol.

Sponsored

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Thanks, Do you know of a kit that covers the chrome trim? It doesn't come off.
I am not aware of any that cover the chrome itself. take a few minutes and call a few vendors, they may have items not listed on their sites
(example, I wanted "clear" headlight film for mine, BigWorm didn't list it but after a quick call, they were able to send me clear instead of the smoke tint on their site)

Option # 2.... albeit very expensive option... buy a second set of taillights and modify those and keep your 50th app.pacakage taillights tucked safely away.

Last edited:

mustangguy88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT with PP
Vehicle Showcase
The easiest, but not cheap answer is a spare pair of stock taillights. 50th Edition parts are rare at best or were obsolete when produced. A lot of the LE parts aren't available thru Ford. So if preservation is important but you have the itch to customize, using spares and boxing originals is the safe route.

I'm not a purist.
20200427_154327.jpg
20200427_154333.jpg
20200427_154323.jpg
Sponsored