Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I live near Chuck Cantwell he as an original 1966 GT350 painted in Guardsman Blue with White Stripes and it aint no trailer queen. The car is sweet.

If i decide to get one of these cars, would need to get him to sign the dash
Chuck is a great guy. I need to call him. I had my friend señor Bondurant sign mine.
Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
The side stripes look stupid and the paint color should have been that way from day 1. It's just a sales gimmick.
Agreed on both, I’ve always been a less is more guy. I don’t like them on the old/original cars either. I really don’t get why people are willing to pay so much more for a vinyl stripe and different colors. Especially the guy that said he was maybe going to switch from a GT500 order to one of these. That makes zero sense.

But, people are willing to pay for nostalgia no matter what it is. The thing is these cars will not hold their value as there is no real history attached to them like the originals. In twenty years a person will still just have a white GT350 with stripes and ugly lower ones at that.

As they say, whatever floats your boat.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
So, I literally got off the phone with Paramus ford in New Jersey and spoke to with a guy named ralph inquiring about a price on the heritage.... HE told me someone place an order for this car for 1.5 million...... come on now? Can someone walk me off a ledge here? I obviously laughed it off but seriously? Anyone get numbers on these cars? Are dealers going to sink their teeth into avg. joes who are trying to compete with car collectors? There’s nooooo shot that limited edition can be going for that no shot
If true and I highly doubt it Ralph is an idiot. I’m never one to tell someone how to spend their money, but especially in this time of giving, 1.4 million of that could really go to doing some good with a charity.

What an utter waste of resources and of a car that would never be driven. Again, if true....................

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
If true and I highly doubt it Ralph is an idiot. I’m never one to tell someone how to spend their money, but especially in this time of giving, 1.4 million of that could really go to doing some good with a charity.

What an utter waste of resources and of a car that would never be driven. Again, if true....................
You know looking back at it- I’ll bet a good amt. I was dealing with a guy, who ultimately could care less about a caller over the phone- anyway at the end of the day like I stated previously there are NO R allocations in the H.E. Avail in the United States - this information was coming from a corporate number I was transferred to after about 7 hours of being on the phone..... so I’m going to be placing an order for a 20 R..... if someone knows something I don’t feel free to contact me! Guys MERRY CHRISTMAS and happy holidays !

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Back in the day pretty much anyone that spent time around the 1965 GT350's knew that the optional painted OTT Le Mans/Rally stripes were an inch or so narrower at the front of the car and of course this was done in order to trick one's eye into seeing two constant width stripes.

The original Le Mans stripes were 9 1/4" at the leading edge of the hood and grew to 10 1/2" at the lower edge of the windshield then were 10 1/4" at the top of the windshield and so on with the stripes eventually measuring 10" at the bottom of the rear gravel pan.

Of course a constant 2 inches separated those painted Le Mans stripes back in the day whereas the stripes that are presently on my 2018 R only have ~1 1/8" separation between the stripes and with the stripes being ~ 7 1/8" wide.

Different eras, different generation of Mustang and different stripes but in any case it all adds up to a cool looking ride whether it be a Gen 1 or Gen 6 Mustang.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Back in the day pretty much anyone that spent time around the 1965 GT350's knew that the optional painted OTT Le Mans/Rally stripes were an inch or so narrower at the front of the car and of course this was done in order to trick one's eye into seeing two constant width stripes.

The original Le Mans stripes were 9 1/4" at the leading edge of the hood and grew to 10 1/2" at the lower edge of the windshield then were 10 1/4" at the top of the windshield and so on with the stripes eventually measuring 10" at the bottom of the rear gravel pan.

Of course a constant 2 inches separated those painted Le Mans stripes back in the day whereas the stripes that are presently on my 2018 R only have ~1 1/8" separation between the stripes and with the stripes being ~ 7 1/8" wide.

Different eras, different generation of Mustang and different stripes but in any case it all adds up to a cool looking ride whether it be a Gen 1 or Gen 6 Mustang.
Welcome back Harry. You were missed.

I'm in Scottsdale. Let me know if you'd like to get a drink.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I do know the stripes on the 16 and 17 and probably all newer years also the front and rear fascia stripes are like that. I can't remember if its the top or bottom stripe but if you go and measure each stripe edge to edge you will see that one is a bit wider edge to edge to trick the eye at a distance that the edge is the exact same width on both of the stripes on each fascia. I had to have both of the stripes replaced under warranty on the rear fascia due to the rear fascia being repainted under warranty. The graphic shop that put the new stripes brought it to my attention and the reason and said that was pretty cool.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Welcome back Harry. You were missed.:thumbsup:

I'm in Scottsdale. Let me know if you'd like to get a drink.
Appreciate the offer but off to a movie with my wife in 5 minutes.

Sponsored

Cleavon67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2017 F-250
I spoke to a Ford guy I know in Houston and we built out a R in the HE package. Man, I love the look of this car, mostly because my Dad worked for FMC during these years and it simply like the look. The car builds out at 78995 and I can get it at MSRP. I ordered a non CFTP 500 day one and it’s still on material hold, and it’s a MSRP buy as well.

I don’t think either car is going to be a great value proposition, but if they limit the HE “R” packages, it might be a decent long term play. I look for them to do something clever like limit the HE packages to 1,965 of them, probably less. I just don’t want a resale dog like my 2019 350 has turned out to be.

I’m just looking for some kind opinions and thoughts.

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
9FE9966B-4F10-4B1B-9AC0-513935ECCB3F.jpeg
I literally placed an order for a 2020 twister orange yesterday had the privilege of seeing it in person and my God it was stunning- actually spoke to the dealer manager and was told (after all the dust settled from all the research I did trying to find an allocation for the H.E. In the R) if I would like to change it to the heritage edition I can- but after seeing that orange, compared to not seeing the W. White in person I’m on the fence...... truth be told I believe every color looks fantastic for this car I want them all!

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I’m on the fence...... truth be told I believe every color looks fantastic for this car I want them all!
WWJ(L)D
What Would Jay Leno Do?
Buy them all...!!!
Imagine having the capital to do that without a second thought... that would be a beautiful problem.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
OK, I guess I'll be the heretic here, but white with blue stripes has been a pretty standard configuration since the 2015 GT350. Most of us would need a color wheel or cars parked side by side to tell the difference between WW and OW. Is there anything different between this and standard that's not cosmetic?
Sponsored