Sponsored

ALL GT350/GT350R LEADS, ALLOCATIONS, DEPOSITS [READ FIRST POST]

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
I called two dealerships today...first one told me production has stopped...they seemed to be confused about the difference between the Gt350r and gt500....waste of my time. Spoke to a second dealer and had no idea about the heritage package. I really think I could be a more educated and better sales person than most who work for dealers. I am a finance guy and even I know enough to know that you need to understand the products and your audience and how to connect the two. It is frustrating to have to educate the salesperson....on products that ford has announced nationally.
Sponsored

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
I hope so I was very specific and he sounded like he knew exactly what I was talking about- there’s just no way the 350 is going for 1.5 no way - anyone have any info for me?

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I called two dealerships today...first one told me production has stopped...they seemed to be confused about the difference between the Gt350r and gt500....waste of my time. Spoke to a second dealer and had no idea about the heritage package. I really think I could be a more educated and better sales person than most who work for dealers. I am a finance guy and even I know enough to know that you need to understand the products and your audience and how to connect the two. It is frustrating to have to educate the salesperson....on products that ford has announced nationally.
Well put- well put

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
even I know enough to know that you need to understand the products and your audience
that's not how "sales" works. That's how it *should* work, but that hasn't been true for a very long time now.

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
That is the problem...I sold Honda’s starting out in my career on the late 80’s....I studied and made sure I had a solid grasp on the products...I was not the Best sales person...but I kept up on the latest information the company was offering and had a clue. Dealerships for the most part are a huge block for the educated buyer...it should not be this hard if you are ready to spend 60-80 k... just saying.

Sponsored

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
So, I literally got off the phone with Paramus ford in New Jersey and spoke to with a guy named ralph inquiring about a price on the heritage.... HE told me someone place an order for this car for 1.5 million...... come on now? Can someone walk me off a ledge here? I obviously laughed it off but seriously? Anyone get numbers on these cars? Are dealers going to sink their teeth into avg. joes who are trying to compete with car collectors? There’s nooooo shot that limited edition can be going for that no shot
I lived 1.5 miles away from that dealership in Paramus up until October when I moved to a different town.

After I found my 2019R for 5k under msrp in Kentucky I went into Paramus Ford to see if they would come down from the 10K ADM they were asking for their performance blue with stripes R.

As I spoke to one of their sales managers I told him I had secured a deal for 5k under msrp at a dealership in Kentucky. I told him if Paramus would match or come close to matching that deal I would buy theirs and start a relationship with the local dealer instead of an out of state dealer.

The sales manager gave me a bunch of circle talk which I tolerated for a few minutes. What sent me running for the door was when he tried to sway me to buy his car with the ADM by telling me if I bought a shelby out of state and it needed warranty work they would not be obligated to do the warranty work. I would have to take the car back to the original dealer.

They are liars and crooks there. Stay away from them. They'll obviously tell you anything to get you to buy their car.
I am going to report them to Ford when I get back home from my trip abroad.

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
Just bad business in general....be honest charge a fair price and be good to customers! Is this not a simple formula to be successful in most businesses. When I find one of these I stick with them...

Voodoo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 GT350 & 2023 Ford Raptor
Just bad business in general....be honest charge a fair price and be good to customers! Is this not a simple formula to be successful in most businesses. When I find one of these I stick with them...
Quite simple. Just do the right thing and good things happen. Not sure why some companies can't figure this out?

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
All of what you all say is spot on. I've been buying cars and having them serviced at Century Ford in Mt. Airy, Md. for over 35 years. It's a relatively small dealership which provides it's customers with friendly and attentive service and sales. They are honest and trustworthy. I've bought 17 new cars from them over the years and 4 Shelbys. I've never been disappointed with the way I was treated and I literally know much of their staff by first name. It's such a comfort to drop off a car for service and have no worries about anyone trying to take advantage of me. I highly recommend them for anyone in the central Md. area.

Sponsored

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
All of what you all say is spot on. I've been buying cars and having them serviced at Century Ford in Mt. Airy, Md. for over 35 years. It's a relatively small dealership which provides it's customers with friendly and attentive service and sales. They are honest and trustworthy. I've bought 17 new cars from them over the years and 4 Shelbys. I've never been disappointed with the way I was treated and I literally know much of their staff by first name. It's such a comfort to drop off a car for service and have no worries about anyone trying to take advantage of me. I highly recommend them for anyone in the central Md. area.
I wish your experience was the norm. I trust no one at the dealerships in my area. It’s part of the reason why I’m on these forums learning how to work on my cars myself.
It’s sad.

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
ECCEFBBB-CBD1-451E-A22F-754347CA2BB0.jpeg
Just put a deposit down on a 2020 350R in twisted orange for MSRP- man I was on the fence on choosing a color but when I saw it in person out of all the colors I have seen in person so far I just said yes yes yes it looks SO good in person ! The red/black accents pop super hard I love it and can’t wait till it arrives

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
ECCEFBBB-CBD1-451E-A22F-754347CA2BB0.jpeg
Just put a deposit down on a 2020 350R in twisted orange for MSRP- man I was on the fence on choosing a color but when I saw it in person out of all the colors I have seen in person so far I just said yes yes yes it looks SO good in person ! The red/black accents pop super hard I love it and can’t wait till it arrives
There are plenty of deals to be had on 20's that are under sticker

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
There are plenty of deals to be had on 20's that are under sticker
Send me a link to a 2020 allocation for under MSRP and I’ll gladly look into it
Sponsored