Is the GT premium worth it over the stock GT

txpat3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue PP1 5.0
For me, I purchase a new car expecting to keep it for 5-6 years and drive it on a daily basis. So I want the creature comforts. I was very specific with my car and knew exactly what packages and color I wanted. Premium Velocity Blue PP1 with a manual transmission & active exhaust. Ended up with everything I wanted plus the safe & sound package. Could have had exactly what I wanted but that car had the performance pack spoiler deleted and I love the spoiler so it was a must have. To each their own! Get what makes you happy and fits your lifestyle the best.
Sponsored

StynkyLomax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 10R80
Was wondering if the premium is worth it over the stock GT? Asking owners who maybe owned both, or if anyone wished they had ordered the premium. Is the sound system and seats that much better? , is all the adjustable ride, steering etc really used?
I bought a 2019 GT Premium with everything but PP1 and Magnaride. I absolutely wanted the digital instrument cluster so 401a is what I went with. Sometimes I think I should have gone with a base GT and gotten the PP1 and magnaride, but I do enjoy the creature comforts and the standard suspension and brakes are perfectly acceptable.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
I bought a 2019 GT Premium with everything but PP1 and Magnaride. I absolutely wanted the digital instrument cluster so 401a is what I went with. Sometimes I think I should have gone with a base GT and gotten the PP1 and magnaride, but I do enjoy the creature comforts and the standard suspension and brakes are perfectly acceptable.
I feel like the Digital Dash is a must have when I jump back into a S550. Do you love it?

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
301A actually includes ambient lighting and illuminated door sills. It’s really a great deal and cost savings.
Ah, okay you're right about the ambient lighting, which is a very cool (fluff) feature to have IMO.

I'm not seeing the door sills listed. I'm actually enjoying that more than even the pony projection lights, which I hardly ever notice anymore for some reason. Seeing the "MUSTANG" at night lit up in green welcoming me into my car makes me happy.

To the OP, the thinking is that options are higher profit items for car makers, so think about what you would *really* enjoy, cuz they can add up fast. Mine was only about a grand shy of $50K, which is a lot for a Ford if you ask me.

I haven't tried the Drag mode or Launch Control or any other stressors on my car, I don't want to beat the snot out of it, I want to keep it 10 years. Especially if it's the last of the V8 interceptors! And I don't bounce it off the rev limiter, it's not a weekend toy for me, it was a damn expensive daily driver, so I shift not much past 6K.

But anyways the other drive modes don't do that much without other options that cost money, just alter the throttle per pedal travel, and turn off traction control for you in some cases, altho there's already a toggle switch for that. With the active dampers and the active exhaust the drive modes also automatically set the steering, suspension, and exhaust modes for you, which is really nice. Cuz fiddling with the menus is a pain. Wish it allowed you to build a custom menu, of just the items you're interested in.

Sponsored

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
The digital dash was a huge selling point for me. It really modernizes the Mustang even more than it already is. But my friend, who owned a 17, preferred the analog gauges. Everyone has their opinion. But in my opinion you can get analog gauges in everything, and the digital dash truly is a unique feature.

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
Another 301a checking in...I like cloth seats but wanted the toggle switches and larger screen so was perfect ...but you cant go wrong with premium either.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I feel like the Digital Dash is a must have when I jump back into a S550. Do you love it?
I love the digital dash.

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I have a '15, so no digital dash. But I needed (required) leather seats, so I got the Premium. The other bells and whistles are pretty cool too - different drive modes, ambient lighting, heated seats and mirrors, etc. I did not include the cooled seats because those suck. ha ha ha

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
The heated and cooled seats are whatever. I only really used the heated in the winter but it rarely drops below 40 here in Texas.

Leather is whatever, I kind of actually preferred the cloth seats. What I really like is the screen with car play. The ambient lighting with all the colors is an afterthought. I guess it's cool that I can change the color if i get bored of one after a while but honestly could of just had the white gauges.

I had a base GT after trading in a ecoboost premium, and i really felt the difference with that small screen and back up camera.

Sponsored

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
If you keep your car long term definitely worth the creature comforts if not you will lose your ass when you sell it. I have 12k in options when selling nobody seems to give a F and want to price it like its a base model.

StynkyLomax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 10R80
I absolutely LOVE the digital dash. It makes the car feel like it’s worth twice as much money. Yes, you can buy a base a GT and buy a digital cluster and install it, but I am very conservative with any mods and I just wanted it from the factory. Are standard analog gauges bad? Absolutely not. But the digital dash is where it’s at for me, and only one way to get it in a GT mustang. 401A.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I was gonna buy a base GT but said screw it and got what I wanted, only live once and was my first brand new car purchase. 401A, pp1 with active exhaust (love it), B&O stereo, 10 speed.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Yes, if that is what you want.

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
I was gonna buy a base GT but said screw it and got what I wanted, only live once and was my first brand new car purchase. 401A, pp1 with active exhaust (love it), B&O stereo, 10 speed.
Same exact thing I thought!
Sponsored