Sponsored

Heated Steering Wheel

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Perhaps a stupid comment coming up here but reading up on the new car I got mildly excited by the thought of getting a heated steering wheel.

So imagine my disappointment when the new car arrived and no sign of the heated steering wheel !

now normally I have my mobile plugged in and Apple CarPlay on the screen. Today by chance I didn’t and happened to notice on the Sync home screen a very small icon of a steering wheel. On pressing said icon imagine my delight to find a toasty hot steering wheel a few moments later !

So chuffed I’ve got this but why make it so hard to find !

Makes me wonder if there are any other cool additions on the MY18 version that I’m not aware of !

shame there is no heated front screen to match the steering wheel.
Sponsored

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
Its not easy to find that, I and many others on this site are eother UX designers or programmers and you will see many have thoughts on how the interfaces of both the digital dash and the control screen can be improved. Took me a few times to notice when I switched to Trip info on the dashboard the default is a blank screen, you have to use the right side up and down arrows on the steering wheel to see trip or tire pressure info. It should default to something besides blank and should be in the Mustang menu not the settings menu, UGH.

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
I was told by the dealer my 2016 GT would have a heated screen ( 'its a Ford") & found it was switched from the climate screen in the handbook I down loaded before delivery. Very disappointed to find it did not have one & the function was greyed out on the climate screen. So some markets get it ( Canada?) but UK does not perhaps because ours are fitted with a SoundScreen. I assume this give extra sound insulation.

Adz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550
I believe there is a forscan code you can use to add the heated steering wheel to the climate screen on sync. I could be wrong so might be worth looking for if you're interested

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I was told by the dealer my 2016 GT would have a heated screen ( 'its a Ford") & found it was switched from the climate screen in the handbook I down loaded before delivery. Very disappointed to find it did not have one & the function was greyed out on the climate screen. So some markets get it ( Canada?) but UK does not perhaps because ours are fitted with a SoundScreen. I assume this give extra sound insulation.
My Mondeo has a soundscreen and HFS. I did ask Ford and they said they are not used in the US so hence not on the Mustang. Odd when you consider the Edge is made in Canada and does have it.

OP was talking about the heated steering wheel.

Nevyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevyn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang V8 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Was also disappointed to find the heated front screen is not included.
I had it on my last two Range Rovers and love the feature.
Considering it’s a Ford patent it’s a real shame.

sorry for continuing the off-topic discussion.
Sponsored