Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
Bumping for Monday evening crowd.

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
I know this came up in another thread awhile back with no answer. I am curious of the actual fitment for this as well.

OP
OP

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
I know this came up in another thread awhile back with no answer. I am curious of the actual fitment for this as well.
I asked the question on Amazon and person replied that it worked on PP belly pan and another answered it worked on base belly pan. I asked Ikon through ebay and they didn't answer about belly pan and just said it would mount to factory bumper.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I just installed this on my '17 GTPP and it wasn't too bad. I decided to leave the bumper on the car, as I wanted it to hold its shape while fitting the new lip to it. When I removed the factory lip, I found that it had a stiff plastic support brace held in by a few plastic tabs and a couple rivets. I drilled out the two rivets and used a flat pry tool on all the tabs and it came apart.

When I started fitting the new lip onto the support brace, it slid into the brace, but it didn't fit well. I noticed that there were some tabs molded into the channel into which the lip sits. It was a bit tight to get a tool into the channel, but I had a really sharp chisel and it cut the tabs cleanly. Then, the new lip fit fine. At that point, I just had to make sure to find the center of the new lip, so that it matched the center of the support, and then I could begin drilling new mounting holes. I ended up measuring from the center of the two curves in the front and splitting the difference. Marking on masking tape on both the lip and the support brace really helped. The Ikon lip is not molded very well and is not symmetrical, so some of the locations for the holes look a bit off, but if use the support brace as the guide, it will line up to the car perfectly.

I used a punch, then a small pilot hole, and finally a stepped drill bit to make the mounting holes and was able to match the ID pretty closely. There were also a few slotted openings toward the outer ends of the lip and you'll want to create elongated ones so that you have a little lateral adjustment. Then it was simply a matter of screwing the lip back onto the car. I got lucky and it lined up without any further fitting. The belly pan went back on except there were gaps toward the outer edge of the belly pan and you won't end up using the last two outer edge screws, since there's nothing for them to screw into. It's plenty sturdy without it and it will still work to keep water and crap out of your engine compartment.

Not sure if these images are going to show up, but hopefully they do and it helps the next person that attempts this...

CC50
20191223_111250.jpg
20191223_111946.jpg
20191223_113228.jpg
20191223_123731.jpg
20191223_125959.jpg

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I also learned that my sto-n-go license plate mount would not work with this lip, since it sits a bit further forward. Once I get a chance to get some aluminum stock, I'll TIG some extensions onto the mounts.

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
I sandwiched my stock chin under this lip and secured it with zip ties and the self tapping screws. So from top to bottom its the bumper, ikon lip, then stock lip.

I did this so the bell pan would mount in the stock location and the add some strength to the ikon lip.

I've had zero issues since and you can't even tell the stock lip is there.
Sponsored