Sponsored

What is the deal with the hostility and resentfulness here now?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Why such the strong hate? I am assuming by your comments that you have NEVER driven one before so you do not understand exactly what it is like... WAY TO MANY people on this forum write things off immediately without ever actually trying it or giving it a chance.
What do the electric cars sound like? Got a killer rumble at idle? How about at WOT?
Any mods? What kinds?

Ohhh,..............just checking.
Don't worry bro, you won't sway me. :thumbsup: :clap:
Sponsored

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
I HATE, HATE, HATE that we all are going to be driving electric cars soon, as we won't have any choice.
I'll drive an electric vehicle only when I don't have a choice any more. I'm holding out to the last moment.
The only electric vehicle I want to drive is my Club Car golf cart!

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
I think a bigger question is: are people more upset that it's an EV, or that it's a crossover? EVs don't bother me, an EV mustang doesn't bother me, but calling a crossover a Mustang does bother me.
You should have been on Rennlist back when the Cayenne came out, that was a shitstorm. Porsche Club of America membership requires ownership of a vehicle (first line on the form is VIN) and there were heated discussions on whether or not to allow the SUV.
Edit- I was against until I saw someone show up at an event with his track car on a trailer behind a Cayenne.

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
upload_2019-12-24_20-57-25.jpeg

upload_2019-12-24_20-57-40.png

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
You should have been on Rennlist back when the Cayenne came out, that was a shitstorm. Porsche Club of America membership requires ownership of a vehicle (first line on the form is VIN) and there were heated discussions on whether or not to allow the SUV.
Edit- I was against until I saw someone show up at an event with his track car on a trailer behind a Cayenne.
Except..........Porsche doesn’t call it a 911

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I have to admit, it's kind of funny to me the extreme reaction this one Mustang E has illicited. I'm a very casual Mustang6G user. I came on here when I bought my 2015 GT, I had one of the first. Before that I had a 2005 Mustang GT, which again I ordered the first year it was available. After the Mach E was announced, I was intrigued by it I decided to casually come back here, and it looks like Ive come into a royal emotional shitstorm.
We're the ones with the extreme reaction but it's the people trying justify this idiocy to themselves that have to keep creating new threads about it here. Are you really adding anything that hasn't been said or answered a dozen times in the other threads about this? Did you bother to read them? Because it's all been covered.

The reaction has been strong because this demonstrates that current Ford management has no understanding of what Mustang means. Even worse, they went beyond just ignoring what Mustang fans had to say about this and outright deceived them. They've turned into a company run by fools and liars. They deserve to burn in the fires that they've stoked. Is that extreme enough?

But I think you and the other apologists for this foolishness already know this. You're EV curious and you've gotten a little lazy or maybe your wife is bugging you because she can't get a car seat in your Mustang. That doesn't mean you can just buy an electric mom van, call it a Mustang and have it be true.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
We're the ones with the extreme reaction but it's the people trying justify this idiocy to themselves that have to keep creating new threads about it here. Are you really adding anything that hasn't been said or answered a dozen times in the other threads about this? Did you bother to read them? Because it's all been covered.

The reaction has been strong because this demonstrates that current Ford management has no understanding of what Mustang means. Even worse, they went beyond just ignoring what Mustang fans had to say about this and outright deceived them. They've turned into a company run by fools and liars. They deserve to burn in the fires that they've stoked. Is that extreme enough?

But I think you and the other apologists for this foolishness already know this. You're EV curious and you've gotten a little lazy or maybe your wife is bugging you because she can't get a car seat in your Mustang. That doesn't mean you can just buy an electric mom van, call it a Mustang and have it be true.
Some people just don't understand choice and preference when it comes to others. And some people don't realize names, especially iconic ones HAVE DEEP MEANING to some of us. A real Mustang is a car with an engine. Period. I don't care what Ford thinks about that, most of us still think a real Mustang is a car with rear wheel drive and an engine. And that will never change even if Ford wants to try and destroy their own iconic history.

Reactions: nrc

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Imagine.....you're just sitting down to Christmas dinner. There's a knock on the door and a there stands a complete stranger. You have no idea who this person is but, apparently, they share the same surname as you. They barge into your house and help themselves to your turkey dinner. They then want their photo taken with your wife and kids because.....hey, they're family, they share the same name! Oh, and they're not leaving, they've come to live with you.

Yeah, that's why there's hostility and resentfulness.

#notamustang

Sponsored

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo

Well said.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
My biggest problem with electric vehicles are the exorbitant cost, the fact I cant make it 280 miles without stopping to charge and the fact that the batteries are considered toxic waste,,,try disposing of them. When I can buy an electric vehicle that matches the size and performance of my Mazda 6 signature turbo and do it for 32K I’m in. A Chevy bolt wont cut it and something that looks like an half eaten apple (leaf) wont either. The assumption that folks can afford 55K cars or even 100K cars as a regular purchase is ridiculous.

I work for a Utility....make no mistake the energy corporations are planning for a larger electric vehicle market....drooling....enjoy the bargain while you can. Cities and government have no idea how to do this, some want to do it for free until the utility shows them the cost. Then the cost to lay in the infrastructure and maintain it eventually will lead to much higher cost to charge a vehicle. But mainly government in general has absolutely no clue, I’m guessing they are at least 15 years from a solution and thats aggressive as I see it. \

I dont have the hate for the Mach E...my wife wants one and Ill get her one...its a shit ton better looking than most E-Vehicles. I’m not nostalgic person - it’s just a car, my mustang is awesome and Ill never get rid if it but its just a car.

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
Imagine.....you're just sitting down to Christmas dinner. There's a knock on the door and a there stands a complete stranger. You have no idea who this person is but, apparently, they share the same surname as you. They barge into your house and help themselves to your turkey dinner. They then want their photo taken with your wife and kids because.....hey, they're family, they share the same name! Oh, and they're not leaving, they've come to live with you.

Yeah, that's why there's hostility and resentfulness.

#notamustang
Except Ford owns the house and is hosting the dinner, and you are the visitor barging into their home telling them not call it Christmas dinner. Because, hey, you don't want it called that . . .

But I agree: #notamustang

Also:

Merry Christmas!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So another thread about the Mustang Mach-E. Just what we needed. I do not understand why we keep talking about this. What could possibly be left to say?

How about.......Happy Holidays to all. Be safe and go out and drive your Mustang’s.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
The mach e is no mustang... It's a ford flex
I have to admit, it's kind of funny to me the extreme reaction this one Mustang E has illicited. I'm a very casual Mustang6G user. I came on here when I bought my 2015 GT, I had one of the first. Before that I had a 2005 Mustang GT, which again I ordered the first year it was available. After the Mach E was announced, I was intrigued by it I decided to casually come back here, and it looks like Ive come into a royal emotional shitstorm.

So my question is: Why are you all so suprised or threatened by it? It makes no sense. You didn't need that post a week ago telling you there will be no V8s by the mid 2020s, all you had to was look at the CAFE chart showing yearly fleet MPG requirements. This isnt some 'green new deal' Democrat plot like I heard mentioned somewhere in the chaos. Its current Federal law. There is no way they can produce mass market V8 cars anymore. So that's my long winded way of saying of course it was going to go electric, there is really no other choice. As far as the body style, people just dont buy sedans or coupes anymore as a mainstream choice, they want SUVS and crossovers. You can stick your head in the sand and pretend it isn't so, but it is. As far as not being a Mustang in design, its style looks just like the 2015+ Mustangs except up higher and a fastback CUV shape.

It maybe just that I'm the perfect demographic they were aiming for with this car. Just turned 39 last week, so early millennial, Mustang fan, wouldnt mind sitting higher up, and intrigued by electric cars and the torque and weight distribution benefits. All I know is the extreme reaction is unneccessary, it doesnt threaten your existence.
Sponsored