Sponsored

We have to do better as Mustang owners and not pull stunts like this against EV cars.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Or, the Mustang owner could have been an adult - "yeah man, I'll move my car so you can plug in."

Anymore people simply cannot act like adults over the most simple conflicts because ego and my dick is bigger than yours.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Or, the Mustang owner could have been an adult - "yeah man, I'll move my car so you can plug in."

Anymore people simply cannot act like adults over the most simple conflicts because ego and my dick is bigger than yours.
Man this time year parking is rough. Around here you'll circle for 20 mins waiting on a spot. I wouldn't of moved either if lot was full and it clearly says anyone can park there. Im not gonna inconvenience myself because someone else didnt charge up at home.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I got this for Xmas so I can more effectively remove exhaust from my car to the outside air LOLOLOL [...] Merry Christmas all.
20191224_130838.jpg
Same to you, fella.

I'll be interested in hearing all you have to say about this burned-fuel gasses remover assist. Seems to me there might be some actual physics involved. It's one of very few pieces of aftermarket junk I'd be tempted to add to a damn'-near stock GT.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP

What makes you so sure that other spaces were available? It's pretty clear that the garage was packed. If that's the case there's no reason he should move given the signage that was there at least as of October. If he just parked there to be a dick, then yes, he's a dick. Trusting the word of eco-mall cop on this is foolish.

But anyway, I'm convinced that the towing part is fantasy. The guy claims that the cops checked the security video to verify that he told the guy he couldn't park there. Maybe the cops in California don't have anything better to do but there's no evidence that they were ever there.

upload_2019-12-25_1-49-55.png

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
interesting thread, that's for sure. To me it just demonstrates how much misinformation is presented to us daily and how strongly we as humans let are personal convictions be reinforced by the content that best reflects those beliefs.

For the record I have a few cars with 455's, a supercharged Marauder and now a 5.0 mustang along with other ICE vehicles. Most likely an average of 10 mpg, I love those cars and hope that they will never be regulated to parade or track use only. Yet I am not willing to ignore what I consider the obvious facts of what cars (and cows) do to our environment. As with everything, there are many sides to both of those stories.

I can't be perfect but I try to at least help in ways I can, whether it be recycling or using LEDs around my house. As for vehicles, there are many reasons I have, for not owning a Tesla, of which one is NOT because it is an EV. I actually own two Ford Energi plug-ins and joke that those are my two rolling coal burning mini factories. In reality if I read certain content it would confirm how bad they are, other content will support the benefit of EV's and wind-turbines. I also respect those who buy Tesla's and have the means to afford them. I also respect those who prefer a V8, I get it but that is no reason to bash an EV. I also don't get the "privileged" label for EV's. I don't feel I'm privileged. That word has a lot of meaning to it. I actually spent more on my Fusion's because they are electric than if I bought a standard Fusion but a less on those cars than on my Mustang.

Maybe people buying Tesla's are just trying to do their part to help with what they think is the right thing to do. In the town I live in EV charging is free, because the town feels like they should be encouraging EV purchases. Does that make me feel privileged, no, but if I take advantage of it so be it. There are two sides to that as well. I have a Walgreen's a few blocks from me with parking up front for two EVs, I have a neighbor who parks their car there over night to save a few bucks charging their Volt. I find that pathetic. But when I drive my wife's car there I charge it if the space is open, even if it is to just to top it off.

I respect all those spots, funny thing is my Suburban can actually park in a Green spot as i use E85 in it. I haven't read any one bringing that up in this thread. How many farmers are subsidized for growing corn for e85? Is that any different? And what about the process to convert corn to e85, that takes a lot of resources as well. As you see there are so many sides to all of this right now as others have said we are in a transition. I drive my mom many places and she has the disabled placard (NOT called handicapped). She always insists I use it. I tell her, you need it I am able bodied. So I drop her off at the front and go park somewhere else leaving that spot for someone driving who needs it. And yes, I have parked my car for a second in spots where EV's should be just to take a picture of my 442 in it and send it to my wife to get a chuckle out of it. But I move my car right away.

Anyway more to say but said enough already.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
What makes you so sure that other spaces were available? It's pretty clear that the garage was packed. If that's the case there's no reason he should move given the signage that was there at least as of October. If he just parked there to be a dick, then yes, he's a dick. Trusting the word of eco-mall cop on this is foolish.

But anyway, I'm convinced that the towing part is fantasy. The guy claims that the cops checked the security video to verify that he told the guy he couldn't park there. Maybe the cops in California don't have anything better to do but there's no evidence that they were ever there.

The whole tow away I feel is BS. No one who is at their vehicle unless arrested or no drivers license has their car towed while they are standing there. Also I now feel the ticket is BS also considering the signage says any vehicle can park there. This is just a hyped up story by EV supporters who feel entitled.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A

I wasn't there so I can't comment on the reality of the situation.

Have some common courtesy. Work it out like adults. It shouldn't be hard. That goes for the Mustang owner and the Tesla owner both. I'm sure they share fault in this situation.

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Here's my take. Do some Tesla owners think they are a class above others? Yeah, just like other expensive vehicle owners. I would venture that Tesla owners are a bit more arrogant, even though I live where every other car is a Tesla. But, it there a law against arrogance or self-pride? Nope. How would the Mustang owner feel if a bunch of Tesla owners surrounded the local gas stations so that ICE vehicles couldn't refuel? That's really what happened here. Yes, a Tesla owner can refuel at home, but they might not have a 220V charger, so doing so would be akin to us filling our cars at home with a plastic gas bottle.

Are the Tesla owners accustomed to being socially coddled? Of course. They get to use the roads for free, since they don't pay gas tax. They get to park close. They get Tax credits on their income tax. They sometimes get discounted electrical rates from their utility providers. They get to use the carpool lanes by themselves and (Maybe...Not here) a discount on Toll roads. Is it fair or do I like it? No. But, I choose to drive an ICE vehicle and forgo the EV pampering.

Blocking parking spots, coal-rolling, vandalizing cars and charging stations...That's just wrong and does make ICE drivers look like uneducated morons.

On the flip side, EVs are good. They make the air cleaner, from which we all benefit. They reduce the demand on gasoline which can lower prices (can...not guaranteed since the OPEC cartel adjusts output). They also, in some ways, motivate auto manufacturers to increase power of vehicles. Look at Dodge for example. Ludicrous mode probably had a part in the Demon and other Mopar performance variants. Because manufacturers can balance the CO2 output across their entire fleet, they can also build more high performance cars that pollute like crazy, yet maintain an average CAFE and not get dinged for it.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
What a douche. That's just it. couldn't find a spot and took a charging station spot.

I used to live out there, it's a nice place with a vibrant car culture.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Sorta along the line of if you have a EV and are parked in the spot, do you have to be charging? I would assume yes.
Precisely. It's a recharging location, not a general-purpose parking space any longer. Let's side-step the possibility of a non-authorized person pulling the plug on an EV being recharged, at least for now.

If yes, then if you are charging and it finishes, do you need to move your car?
After a reasonable amount of non-charging time pas passed, I'd say yes. I have no idea how recharge is purchased, whether it's as much as the car will take or $x for y amount of time connected.

All of the malls I have seen with them are normally in prime parking spots close to the building and/or in parking garages. I have really no issue with them being close up as I am assuming there is some type of payment being made to have them there.
My guess is that minimizing the length of the power supply line to that bank of rechargers has a lot to do with EV recharger location.

I have noticed many that are plugged in but not charging and all the spots are full (6-8 spots). I would bet that the person who left their car there to charge only needed 20 mins or less, yet would not think of moving it until they leave which could be several hours.
Quite possibly, though I'd be willing to cut the average guy a little more slack (needs an hour, stays for two).

So for me, I have no problem with making them EV only spots with a penalty of a fine and/or tow, but it should be for any vehicle not actually using the spot as intended. Until that happens, it is just hypocritical and maybe deceitful to only tow non EV's.
This ^^^

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My boss has a Volvo T5 or T6 or whatever it's called (Not really a Volvo guy and never paid attention to his car). It's like the Volt where it has enough juice to drive around 40 miles. We work by a mall that has ev chargers. Not sure if it is this way for everyone, but he told me you pay a set fee per kWh (or gge, not sure). He was supposed to be there for let's say 90 minutes. He forgot and went to pick it up and instead of it being around $5 it was almost $20. So sitting fully charged on the charger (Or perhaps past the agreed-upon time) jacks up the costs by quite a bit. I would argue the cost isn't high enough for out here because he was parked there way past his alotted time and it might be a strategic decision for some that have the means for the "Valet" spot.

Nevertheless, I am glad to hear it's not free, and that there are consequences for side-stepping the system. I think you are correct Norm, that depending on where the power transformers are, it's going to affect where the chargers are. They got to be running some serious copper 000 or the like unless they have one heck of a step down transformer in those chargers. And no-sirree copper ain't cheap anymore! Actually I bet they are just running Aluminum now that I'm thinking about it. Ampacity isn't an issue when you have to cut up a parking lot for either wire.
Sponsored