Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Of course ... and Ford is making themselves look pretty stupid when it comes to selling out the Mustang Heritage.

From the video: "And just when you think you know where they're going ... they do something unexpected".

"Unexpected" should really be replaced with the word "idiotic".

This EV doesn't need the Mustang name to succeed, the only thing that labeling it as "Mustang" does is sell out and dilute Mustang's heritage.
IMO it actually hurts sales. I might have bought one when the time came (child) to have an SUV for the family. No way in hell now. Simply out of principal because it is NOT a Mustang.
Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Of course ... and Ford is making themselves look pretty stupid when it comes to selling out the Mustang Heritage.
They're a laughing stock. Nobody buys that they're going to successfully produce an entire family of vehicles worthy of the name "Mustang." Nobody really believes that this thing is going to be worthy of the Mustang name. The current management at Ford think that Mustang is just their new marketing buzz word meaning "hotsexycool".

Ford is making it really easy to stop buying new Fords.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Of course nobody can tell any of you anything different but there is a new generation in the car market and the Mustang name gives them something to identify with. They will buy the Mach E and it will be successful and if Ford doesn't sell that many in the USA the European market will buy all Ford sends over there.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Of course nobody can tell any of you anything different but there is a new generation in the car market and the Mustang name gives them something to identify with.
Beats me why a new generation that wants a new-generation kind of vehicle would even want such a vehicle to carry so much hard-core ICE baggage. The Mustang itself probably wouldn't have done as well as it has, had it been given the next available "letter name" from Ford's even earlier history (Models A, B, C, T, and others). And I bet that wouldn't have gone over any better with the antique car crowd either.

You'd think that somebody at Ford would have been able to come up with a name more relevant to the new times and the new vehicle powertrain configuration. You'd like to think that the powers-that-be at Ford would have been smart enough to look for and find that somebody.

Norm

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford probably outsourced the decision to a marketing firm - the guys who think selling detergent with colored swirls in it gets shoppers all excited. They probably had focus-group results that said people's eyes lit up at the mention of 'Mustang' or when they did a word association 'Mustang' was what fit "cool, fast, sporty" corresponded to. Or they showed 2 pictures, one labeled Mustang and the other one Escape, and asked to describe them and the Mustang one came up with superlatives and those describing the Escape drank poison out of boredom.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Geeez, this thread is still going? Oh well, Happy Holidays to all and to all a great ride in your Mustang!!!

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
https://www.motor1.com/news/389822/baby-mustang-mach-e-vw/

So apparently Ford wants to make a "baby" version of the Mach E now and use VWs MEB platform to do it..... For God's sake why? The Mach E is already going to have a challenging time being useful as an SUV, how the hell is something even smaller supposed to work? Here is a thought Ford.... A 2 door coupe WITH A HATCH. Would be more useful than whatever comes of this....

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I’m holding out for the Mach E wagon.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Their product planning people outside of FP are...not good. It's true. Working with them was like this, and friends still share the pain now (the stories are hilarious though!)

FB_IMG_1574338980734.jpg

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
https://www.motor1.com/news/389822/baby-mustang-mach-e-vw/

So apparently Ford wants to make a "baby" version of the Mach E now and use VWs MEB platform to do it..... For God's sake why? The Mach E is already going to have a challenging time being useful as an SUV, how the hell is something even smaller supposed to work? Here is a thought Ford.... A 2 door coupe WITH A HATCH. Would be more useful than whatever comes of this....

I’ve posted at least 2-3x that the freaking “ME” was already based off the VW MEB platform and even included the CAD images... let alone the fact that the ME is nothing more than a squashed/elongated Escape....

WhoTF cares anymore about the ME, Ford diluted the Mustang’s Heritage in a single day and thinks that is fine and dandy and ... the MCA accepts it....

Here’s another deposit on a ME :ontheloo:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The Mach E isn't exactly spacious............so why make an even smaller one? I thought the U in SUV stood for utility......

And what would Ford actually call this one? Mach e (using a small e 'cos its not as big as the big E?). Ford really are losing the plot :explode:

maxresdefault.jpg

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Here we go again hashing up the same old story. Just because the are talking and do some planning doesn't mean the baby Mach E will be here in the US. I'm betting that since the EU's emission standards are designed to eliminate ICE cars by 2030 that any Ford VW effort will be for Europe. Ford any everyone else building EV's have got to know that the elimination of the $7500 tax break will make selling high dollars EV's in the US almost impossible.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Very simple, if you don’t like, don’t buy one....
Not only will I not buy one, I'll also $%# on the Mach E. Freedom of speech right? :giggle:

I want Ford to know how I feel.
Sponsored