Sponsored

We have to do better as Mustang owners and not pull stunts like this against EV cars.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
and on a lighter note. wow we got some bored people with the day off. gezz from 2 pages this mornign to 7 this evening LOL. Go be with your families its xmas eve people. Merry Christmas you stubborn bunch of Mustang people :)
Sponsored

Terlingua

Threads
Reaction score
My car actually appreciated in value since purchase according to Kelley Blue Book. Try finding a Model 3 in any mileage under $30k.... It is damn near impossible. Same cannot be said for a similarly priced ICE vehicle.
In Dallas, Teslas are definitely a fad for the 'dig me' crowd, and unsold used versions are becoming more common.

I think Tesla has an issue in Texas, or anywhere people drive above-average distances. My friend had his for less than 6 months because it could not confidently make a daily 80 mile round trip to work. And before anyone spouts published milage claims that differ - this is real world - where the flow of traffic moves for periods at 75-85 mph, and then with traffic, sits for 10-15 minutes in slow areas. That, plus a 10 mile lunch outing during mid-day, and he was not confident he would make the 80 mile return trip to his home.

He was convinced Tesla's milage claims were exaggerated, and likely based on a 60 mph test cycle with no headwind.

I'm not interested in any vehicle that can't go 300+ miles on a whim (without searching for charging stations).

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
ED2EB807-6A5F-4940-B5CD-31CB6F873E5A.jpeg

This is also funny.
One rotary aluminum coalporter carries about 140 tons of coal.. not all that much, and a train can easily have well over 100 cars.

Trains use less fuel per mile(per ton carried) than road transportation.

One 2-3mw wind turbine will produce 5-6 million kilowatt hours in a year, enough for around 1500 homes.

Wind turbines account for over 30% of Iowa's power and that's even with some being sold to neighboring states.

Summary: that meme is outright BS.

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
These kind of posts just make us all look stupid. Whataboutisms much? Impossible to have any intelligent conversation on the subject with posts like this.
And...... your point is??

So how about this. It will suck the doors off of any of our V8's.

DHF24732_C1.0.jpg
Nice, but seeing as we don't know much about this(price, range etc.), big deal!! I work on a big campus and I use golf carts to get around. I find EV's as exciting as golf carts. If you like EV's, buy 1. It's a free country.

On a different note, a couple of 17 y.o.'s were out in their dad's Model S speeding. NTHSA figured they were doing 115 in a 35. Was it the quietness of the car why they were going that fast and didn't know. No one knows. They crashed, the battery burst into flames and they died from the flames, not the crash. Not making fun of this as 2 young lives were lost. Who knows what potential they held.

Now everybody get off this pointless thread and go open your Christmas presents!!

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
They are not parking spots! :headbang: They are charging stations for vehicles that need them. There is no privilege involved. Is the diaper changing station in the restrooms for privileged mothers and fathers only?
Ok, I can't let this one go. No, the diaper changing stations in the restrooms are not for privileged mothers and fathers only. And, if it's not being used, you can damn well place your bags there while you take a piss and not have to worry about some Nancy calling the cops on you to haul your bags away. :like: :beer:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
One rotary aluminum coalporter carries about 140 tons of coal.. not all that much, and a train can easily have well over 100 cars.

Trains use less fuel per mile(per ton carried) than road transportation.

One 2-3mw wind turbine will produce 5-6 million kilowatt hours in a year, enough for around 1500 homes.

Wind turbines account for over 30% of Iowa's power and that's even with some being sold to neighboring states.

Summary: that meme is outright BS.
I would agree on the power production part but not the what it takes to make the windmill part. I think that is the biggest issue most have with green supporters. they act like windmills magically pop out of no energy land when in fact it takes a shit ton of resources to make these things and then there are thousands of them creating a bigger environmental impact then they are solving material wise. Now the part about them never making enough energy... that part I would argue that I think they do but they also have a very very high cost of maintenance and breakdown regularly and thing with moving parts does. Plus their cost the dang things cost millions each. and also what happens once the and and the sea is covered with the things and all the cars have cords hanging out their sides... it will be an ugly planet. I mean is this really what you wanna see everywhere?
climate-change-bill-mckibben-wind-turbines.jpg

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Well, after all this, I'm ready for Christmas.
Merry Christmas and Peace on Earth.
Can we get a cease fire on page 8?
I got this for Xmas so I can more effectively remove exhaust from my car to the outside air LOLOLOL And don't worry the thread will die now the mods moved it to the sub forums where all threads go to die. Merry Christmas all.
20191224_130838.jpg

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
and on a lighter note. wow we got some bored people with the day off. gezz from 2 pages this mornign to 7 this evening LOL. Go be with your families its xmas eve people. Merry Christmas you stubborn bunch of Mustang people :)
Yeah we really do like getting into it though, don't we. At the end of the day we are just a passionate bunch of guys and girls that love our Mustangs. I hope we all feel this way.

Best wishes for a Happy, Healthy, & Safe Holiday.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I can't let this one go. No, the diaper changing stations in the restrooms are not for privileged mothers and fathers only. And, if it's not being used, you can damn well place your bags there while you take a piss and not have to worry about some Nancy calling the cops on you to haul your bags away. :like: :beer:
Ok, I give up, you win. That is damn funny.

Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!!!!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
And...... your point is??

Nice, but seeing as we don't know much about this(price, range etc.), big deal!! I work on a big campus and I use golf carts to get around. I find EV's as exciting as golf carts. If you like EV's, buy 1. It's a free country.

On a different note, a couple of 17 y.o.'s were out in their dad's Model S speeding. NTHSA figured they were doing 115 in a 35. Was it the quietness of the car why they were going that fast and didn't know. No one knows. They crashed, the battery burst into flames and they died from the flames, not the crash. Not making fun of this as 2 young lives were lost. Who knows what potential they held.

Now everybody get off this pointless thread and go open your Christmas presents!!
Here, here Billy. Time to move on, I hope.

Happy Holidays!!!!!!

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
There is signage stating "Electric Vehicles Only" at every spot I have seen. No excuse to take up that spot as it is RESERVED.
Really? Here is the signage on the spots in question as of the end of October per posts on telsamotorsclub.com

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/thr...k-ca-live-24-oct-2019-24-urban-stalls.169691/

20191012_145624-jpg.jpg

This whole thing may have just been eco-mall cop's wet dream. Unless they changed the postings and penalties since October the Mustang got a ticket from a mall cop and that's it. Do you really believe that they towed the Mustang and eco-mall cop didn't snap a photo to document it?

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Ok, I give up, you win. That is damn funny.

Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!!!!
It's all good. Kind of fun getting some of these guys a little fired up sometimes. And, I'm one of those guys you can just say Merry Christmas to. Cheers my friend and Merry Christmas right back at you!

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Really? Here is the signage on the spots in question as of the end of October per posts on telsamotorsclub.com

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/thr...k-ca-live-24-oct-2019-24-urban-stalls.169691/

20191012_145624-jpg.jpg

This whole thing may have just been eco-mall cop's wet dream. Unless they changed the postings and penalties since October the Mustang got a ticket from a mall cop and that's it. Do you really believe that they towed the Mustang and eco-mall cop didn't snap a photo to document it?
It clearly says general parking for all vehicles. So what was the fight about. Probably like i said a sjw ev owner thinking they had priority hounding the mustang owner till it ticked them off.
Sponsored