Sponsored

Driver's seat rubbing against center consol

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I have a 2019 GT350 with 4,500 miles. I use the power seat option which allows the driver's seat to automatically move back when I turn the car off and move forward when I hit the start button without depressing the clutch. When the seat moves forward, I hear the right, lateral, seat bolster rub against the console while it is moving to it's pre-set position. I don't think these seats have any allowable adjustment for the attachment bolts that would let me move the seat a little to the left to eliminate the rubbing. I did a search and zip. Has anyone experienced this anomaly and if so, were you able to solve the issue? I have a feeling the dealer will not be of much help.
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
My manual Recaro seats are also stopped by the center console before it actually hits the end of the seat rails. First car I've ever had that's done that, but all my previous car were econo rides.

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
I have a 2019 GT350 with 4,500 miles. I use the power seat option which allows the driver's seat to automatically move back when I turn the car off and move forward when I hit the start button without depressing the clutch. When the seat moves forward, I hear the right, lateral, seat bolster rub against the console while it is moving to it's pre-set position. I don't think these seats have any allowable adjustment for the attachment bolts that would let me move the seat a little to the left to eliminate the rubbing. I did a search and zip. Has anyone experienced this anomaly and if so, were you able to solve the issue? I have a feeling the dealer will not be of much help.
There is no way to solve the problem you describe without serious modifications.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
My Focus RS does this too. Going to put an Alcantara console cover to negate the squeaking noise.

OP
OP

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
My Focus RS does this too. Going to put an Alcantara console cover to negate the squeaking noise.
Yeh, the first time it happened, the wife accused me of farting! This has only started since cold weather. I'm going to see if my SVT technician has any ideas!

Sponsored

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I have a 2019 as well, and I haven't noticed rubbing or a squeak. Maybe place a piece of fabric on the buckle?

Side note- how to you turn that on that automatically moves the seat back, I can't figure it out on mine! I have to manually do it each time

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
My RS and ST both did this, I believe the alcantara is the best option to get rid of it.

I tried "lubing" the center consoles/seats with various leather cleaners/conditions and it was only a temporary fix.

OP
OP

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
This is not the area where it is rubbing. It is about 4" back from the front of the right, lateral, bolster. The seat belt connector is not involved.

OP
OP

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Well, after much consternation, I got some silicone lubricant gel (kinda like Vaseline, only thicker) and applied it to the lateral portion of the console that is rubbing against the seat side bolster, and no more noise!! It's probably a temporary fix, but it's lasted about a week now and has not returned. The silicone won't damage either surface and no one could see it if it did. At least I don't have to listen to the noise any longer! Job done!

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I just start having this rubbing noise as well. Did search on YT. There's an Easy Entry option which can disable automatic seat feature:

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I just start having this rubbing noise as well. Did search on YT. There's an Easy Entry option which can disable automatic seat feature:
I have this automatic seat feature activated in my 19 GT350. When I get into the car with the automatic seat adjustment activated, it would be way back to allow easy access. Love it! When I get into the car I push the start button once and the seat moves forward to my pre-set position, then I push it again with the clutch depressed and the car starts. When the seat moves forward, that's when I heard the rubbing noise. It didn't do it when the seat goes back when I stop the car and prepare to exit. This is a nice feature and makes it very easy to enter and exit the car. With the lubrication added as previously stated, the noise is gone.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I have this automatic seat feature activated in my 19 GT350. When I get into the car with the automatic seat adjustment activated, it would be way back to allow easy access. Love it! When I get into the car I push the start button once and the seat moves forward to my pre-set position, then I push it again with the clutch depressed and the car starts. When the seat moves forward, that's when I heard the rubbing noise. It didn't do it when the seat goes back when I stop the car and prepare to exit. This is a nice feature and makes it very easy to enter and exit the car. With the lubrication added as previously stated, the noise is gone.
You solve the noise with lubrication temporarily and it's OK for you. I don't want to put anything on my seats and I'm OK with seat not moving back and force. So, for me disabling Easy Entry was solving the problem my way.